New Upcoming Site Design!! Also Facebook and Twitter

Announcements for site, gallery, and forums. AND THE RULES!!

Moderators: Maxine MagicFox, Archaic Sage

145 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: New Upcoming Site Design!! Also Facebook and Twitter

Postby noodles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 am

pretty cool other than the reflectiveness. In my opinion it clashes with the whole design. Everything is in sort of a flat, minimalistic style, but those shiny headings stick out like you're putting some big fat squishy things on top of a piece of paper.

Also some weird little things that always bugged me, like....youtube video server? A server is a specific thing, and nothing about it could be called a server, it's a channel

Also, in that image you have it as Azure Photos, but nothing about the contents would be photographic in any case. A screenshot of gameplay or scan of art isn't a photo.

Also, Why are you promoting the facebook page to begin with? What's the plan with it

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:31 pm

^ Pictures.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 pm

The reason we need a facebook is to teach everyone here responsibility, it would be like a class pet and we would take turns taking care of it by playing bad facebook games and posting news until one of us leaves for a week long vacation and starves it to death. Yup, just like a class pet. I vote we call it Hamtaro.

I would also choose gallery, btw.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 pm

I might veto this decision, but I'll go ahead and make it and let you guys see the end result. *shrugs* Anyways, this weekend I will be doing some major rehauling of a few things on the site, so if you visit the page, there may be some stuff broken as I fix some screw ups I've found and try to get things into their final positions.

As for Facebook... personally I prefer Twitter. The accounts are going to be hooked up to the rss feed so site updates are going to appear on ther,e but I would also like for someone to take over the Facebook account and do some little things with it here and there. I dunno. Any takers?

As for the Twitter account. ^_^ I do plan to take that over myself. I love using Twitter so much.... though even on my own I'm not the most active poster in the world... still... ^_^;;

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:49 pm

...Is anyone here an active Facebook user?

I think Kino might be, but I also know she's always wanted to keep it separate from her online life...but since Kino should be more active once she moves to DC, she might be the one to do it.

If you ever need help with the twitter one though I volunteer

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:15 am

:O NO! TWITTER BELONGS TO ME!!!!!!

......... ^_^; Well, we could share. As I said, I'm not even an active user on even my own and really... what the heck SHOULD I post?

Anywho... I really should get to work on this design. So, a heads up, the live design is going to be breaking here in a bit. Wish me luck. If things go well, this weekend I should be done with the design or at least in the final steps.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

This is why I'm going to veto your guys' decision. Sorry. The hanging letters just don't fit right. To get it to stop hanging over the border, I need to move it up by approx. 4 pixels and by then, it's up in the middle of the image.

If you guys can figure out a word to go there that does not include hanging letters, I'll consider it.

*sigh* Nevermind.... I'm just going to change the font and fix this a little bit. I do like the word Gallery enough to try to do something about it. >_< GRRR, YOU GUYS!!

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:52 am

^ Pictures.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:23 pm

I am not at all bothered by that "y". *shrug*

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:39 pm

What's it look like if you remove the part below the border?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:41 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 am

BLOODY EFFIN' HELL I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW THE FUCK I WANT THESE GAME PAGES TO LOOK!! >_< OMG I'M JUST ABOUT TO THROW SOMETHING UP AND BE DONE WITH IT, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! THIS JUST DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT!!

x_x

http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/newdesi ... /index.php <-- keep in mind, it's just placeholder stuffs. the middle is going to be screens, art, and wallpapers if I go with this design. Also for the other games, the layout is the same, but the header changes. Obviously the boxart and info, but the background of the header will change to match the same shot in the game's corresponding button to the right. (also: further word of warning, I have not tested the page in any other browser yet except firefox. So if you are using IE or Chrome, there could be potential problems - I'm not interested in hearing them at the moment)

I dunno... there's something about it that just irks me. :( why can't I be satisfied with it?!!

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:38 am

Suggestion: replace "GDP" with "Golden Deer Pub" (or make it just "Forums"). GDP sounds like it's for discussing economics and stuff.

145 posts

Return to “Radha Hall Announcements”