Weekend site clean-up on main site!

Announcements for site, gallery, and forums. AND THE RULES!!

Moderators: Maxine MagicFox, Archaic Sage

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Weekend site clean-up on main site!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Because I know some of you don't even pay attention to the main site anymore, though I still want you aware of the warning:

The main site will be undergoing a summer clean-up. I will be fixing mostly my CSS codes and putting them current (I made SO many n00b mistakes and now trying to create pages is just annoying). However, I will also be doing some other clean up of useless things that are sitting on the server (things that Archaic felt we may or may not need or screwed up on in some way XD ).

I'm also wondering if I could take another whack at getting our log-in back on the main site, but this is low priority and will only be looked at after I'm done.

Anyways, the site should NOT be affected in any way. However, in the event that I something does happen, if the site goes down, it will be down for the entire weekend and will be back up on Monday.

The forums and image gallery will not be touched. This also goes without saying but my presence here over the weekend will be pretty low.

In the end on Monday when I'm done, you really shouldn't notice any changes to the site. This is just a code clean-up, not a design change. ... Hopefully nothing will have changed. But I know some of the idiot things I've done with my coding and it frightens me. x_x

[] - [] - [] - []

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:42 am

Clean up noodles.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:59 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:30 pm

I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF!! DID ANYTHING I DO AT ANY POINT AND TIME ACTUALLY MAKE ANY FUCKING SENSE?!!

x_x son of a bitch! And it's not like I left any fucking COMMENTS for myself which has become an absolute staple in my coding. >_< HALF OF MY TIME IS SPENT TRYING TO EVEN REMEMBER WHAT HALF OF THESE CODES GO TO!

I've not even done any real "cleaning" yet, just reorganzing the damn codes, putting them into their own new sections, and adding comments, and marking some things for deletion. And every time I open one of my pages I realize that I have some kind of inline code on the page which should have been placed on the external sheet.

GYAAAAAAAH!! *goes back in time and slaughters herself from two years ago*

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:04 pm

It's not that bad. I can understand the source when I look at it.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Except there are codes in there that don't seem to be connected to ANYTHING! >_<

Here, negz, I'll show you the way a proper CSS external sheet should be laid out

http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/styletwo.css

and I'm not even done. Needs more comments.

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Both style.css and styletwo.css are readable to me. And in each case they're the only styles applied to the document, with no other styles possibly with conflicting declarations (other than the inline stuff).

You haven't seen bad. ;P

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Well, I'm HOPING to make it so that there can be more than one stylesheet so if I want to change the design, then you guys will have a choice (I've always wanted to do one of those :3). Though this does not mean one is in the works or even planned, far from it. I'd rather focus on gamefaqs than a silly new design. :P

It's still bad since I've got no idea what some stuff goes to. For example, I STILL have not found the place for this:

td.updatesmedia {
background-color: #5DAE9C;
padding-top: 9px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 9px;
}

It goes for the updates section, I'm sure...
Actually, I have the sneaky suspicion that this is an old code I never deleted back when I was originally coding the site and this code did not operate in the place I put it for what I intended. I think it was replaced even by the img.upmedia tag. For now, it will go into "MISC" section, I think, and be marked with ????.

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Probably just some old stuff that never got deleted.

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Radha Hall Announcements”