12JUL12 - Forum Update - Hack, Update, Gallery Broke

Announcements for site, gallery, and forums. AND THE RULES!!

Moderators: Maxine MagicFox, Archaic Sage

50 posts
Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

12JUL12 - Forum Update - Hack, Update, Gallery Broke

Postby Archaic Sage » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Hello!

After two long years of Maxine and I putting things off, we've now upgraded both the forum and the Gallery to the latest, most secure, most stable version. We've moved from phpBB2.6 right up to phpBB3.0.8 and Coppermine is now on 1.5x, so we're doing good.

However, with all changes and linkages in this nature, we've got a few issues:

* Spoilers tag currently doesn't work
* Custom skins - some of the skin is complete, but some of the custom buttons don't work.

If you spot anything random, please post it here.

[ | | | | ]

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Forum and Gallery Update

Postby zamisk » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:53 pm

[IMG]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac161/zamisk/wtfmaxine.png[/IMG]

edit: Ok, img tags aren't working now. Follow the link, it's a screenshot of the site. I'll try clearing my cache and reloading the site and report back

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:03 pm

...Nothing changed. I'm using Chrome, and the site is still all freaky after clearing my cache and cookies and whatnot. Oh well.

faltzar2
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby faltzar2 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Same. The site looks really barren now.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 am

*mutters* I go out for the day and I come back to the design broken in some place. :3 It's a good thing I make back ups of everything. I'll figure it out.

Oh! I know why it broke. Damn, I'm such an idiot. It's set to the paths of the "sandbox" which no longer exists. Lemme fix.

[] - [] - [] - []

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 am

I keep seeing these two users(?) Called google[bot] and yahoo[bot]. I can't click their profiles.
I know their probably just benevolant test bots, but what exactly are they doing?

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:58 am

They are watching your every move. They are reading every word you type. Every word you say.

They are watching you breathe.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:26 am

Spiders. All of them.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:41 am

They are the same bots and spiders that were viewing us before as unnamed anonymous "guests". Phpbb3 software chooses to group them together so that it is only ONE "member" being recognized and 50 google bots do not register as 50 guests that are visiting the forums at one time.

I am searching for a way to try to make them invisible in the whose online section but no luck so far.

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:01 am

Ahh, I think this is the same stuff used by a certain other board. :3 I'll tell that admin what kind of board it is. (It's apparently not clear at the moment.)

Edit: I like seeing the spiders. :3

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:09 am

That locked thread remains "unread" no matter how many times I read it or close my tab and log in again. Clearing my something or other would fix it, I just wanted to point that out

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:18 am

I was attempting to log in on the galleries, and to browse some of the character images for the Etrian Odyssey (the first game), but . . . 404's all around. ;_;

I'm guessing this is just a case of the links needing to be fixed up and such?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:36 am

Zamisk, that might be a glitch with just your own cookies as I didn't have any sort of problem with it. Then again, I wonder what determines for you that it is "unread"? If it is just the image that you are going by, there is no "read" version of that particular moved icon. Could you provide some more details please?

BlueMortimer: yes, the gallery errors are already noted and I've let Archaic know. I'm hoping it's just the links need updating. >_> I'm so bloody nervous that the gallery has broken. Uggg *worry, worry*

[] - [] - [] - []

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:56 pm

I've had to switch the "bridge" off with the gallery, basically if you're trying to look at the NSFW section, you can't. You also can't sign in to the gallery either as it currently doesn't recognise you as a user. I'm going to look into "why" later today, once I've been out and my hang over has left me....

[ | | | | ]

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:17 pm

All,

This forum has a "birthday" feature, which I forgot to mention. Please all submit your birthday information via your Control Panel and then we can track you and stalk you until the end of time.

[ | | | | ]

50 posts

Return to “Radha Hall Announcements”