New Upcoming Site Design!! Also Facebook and Twitter

Announcements for site, gallery, and forums. AND THE RULES!!

Moderators: Maxine MagicFox, Archaic Sage

145 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: New Upcoming Site Design!! Also Facebook and Twitter

Postby noodles » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Yeah definitely no "GDP"

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 pm

*mutters* those damn buttons are the least of my concerns at the moment if I can't get this page to be satisfactory.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:22 pm

*sigh* It's.... so... it's... it's just whatever. I'm done fighting with it. I've done the best I could. I don't think it looks fantastic but it looks decent enough in my book. The page will stay as is with, of course, the obvious words and titles changed (I'm not seriously keeping "Off Site Related Articles" for example). (I want a 10 but the page looks like an 8 in my eyes... it's functional and laid out well but just missing the "wow" factor)

I just want to be done with this redesign and get it up and working so things look nice especially for the EO news that's being released lately. ^_^

And I changed the buttons for the forums and the gallery. I just dropped the EO references in them *shrugs*. I hope these read a little better in your guys' eyes. :P

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:36 pm

There. All of the game pages are up and in place ready for their essential data. There should be no broken links on the new design now. Since you guys like to nitpick I'll be waiting for the criticisms ~_^

>_> *sigh* God I hope you guys like it because my head now hurts from trying to get those pages to look as good as they do. :(

Also, double check my dates. I realized this morning that for the EO4 American release date I had accidentally typed in Feb 2012 instead of 2013. -_-;

Oh! And, do you guys think I should downgrade my images a little more? I haven't really bothered since most of them have been on the small side. I'm not a good judge of this, so please let me know if you think they load a little bit on the slow side for other connections.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:32 pm

The image sizes are fine.

"The Forums" → "Forums"
"YouTube Server" → "YouTube Channel"
maybe "Media Artwork" → "Media & Artwork"?

I still think "Select a Game" could be smaller and "Into The Labyrinth" larger.

The images are missing alt text.

Isn't しょ usually romanized as 'sho' instead of 'syo'?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:16 pm

No, too short, didn't like the length
forgot to do that one
and actually thought about this AFTER I had remade the image *sigh* ... I'll see how it looks and if it's worth the trouble, but I also wonder... doesn't the Media AND Artwork suggest that there's going to be more than just images? I'm still not sold on this really

And no and no. I already went through the gamut of sizes and making things fit. I ended up liking what I now have and that's the end of the story on that. ^_^ This is my personal preference. If I make the title bigger it looks too big and covers up too much of the artwork, which the art is sorta part of the title itself, you know. I'd like for the eyes to be taken away from the title and moved onto the art just as much as I want them staring at the name of the site. As for the Select a Game, anything else just looks too small for this section and it is, coincidentally, the same size as ItL Portal beneath it. It's fine.

[] - [] - [] - []

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:28 pm

You've done a LOT better of a job than Youtube did. =|

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Or Apple for that matter.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:28 am

heh... speaking of which... I had a fight with youtube, too. I was GOING to try to include a video trailer on the page in some way. After spending two hours fighting with youtube to try to get a video to play (and not the full uploads list) I just gave up and scrapped the idea....

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 am

^ I haven't run into anything on Youtube yet, I just don't like change. It looks cluttered, though.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 am

It reminds me of book shelves. I like book shelves.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:18 am

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:03 am

^ Hepburn is the most common.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:10 am

*shakes her head* I have no idea where I got the bloody translation. Did a quick search on the forums and google and got nothing, but did get several sources that did have it romanized as Kimiko suggested. *shrugs* I'll change it. Don't matter to me. ^_^; I'd still just like to know where the hell I got it from back in '08 when the game was coming out. It's how I've had it on the site since I made the game page.

*sigh* Awww, Kimiko sure likes making me redo these images. I swear she's just trying to create more work for me. ~_^ Nah, I'm glad you're paying this close attention to the detail, and forgive me if I do sound a little ungracious during this process. It's just rough thinking I'm done with something only to redo it when I'm trying to do this in the short few hours I manage to grab here and there. :\ *sigh*

^_^ I did get a nice bonus, though. My sister brought her ipad over last night and I checked the new design out on it. XD It looks very slick on it. And, as I had hoped, the large buttons made things really convenient to click around and navigate the site on. :3 So, I'm glad about that. The site looked kinda sexy on the device.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:32 am

Aw. I'm sorry for being so critical. You really do great work, and the site looks really pretty :)

As for the romanization, I know that there are at least two ways to spell しょ, and neither is strictly in/correct. I've seen people who are very good in Japanese use 'syo', but 'sho' is definitely the more common spelling.

Would it be possible to let the text be text instead of image with modern browsers (HTML5/CSS3)? You see that a lot more these days, and it's nice to be able to select text.

145 posts

Return to “Radha Hall Announcements”