ItL Looking for News Writer(s)!

Announcements for site, gallery, and forums. AND THE RULES!!

Moderators: Maxine MagicFox, Archaic Sage

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

ItL Looking for News Writer(s)!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Hey guys! So, Sirth has not really been posting - which is fine. It was pretty much a temp thing anyways with him. I dunno if he's still interested, so he can speak up if he wants, but otherwise...

I really do want another good news writer for the site. You do not need to know HTML. They News system is fairly easy to operate, and when I'm done creating my own - it's going to be even easier.

I would just like to have another writer on board for weeks like this week when news of a spin off is released and I just can't post because my god I was tired and didn't feel like even getting on my computer, much less type out a news entry.

Ask any questions and I'll do what I can to answer them. If you would like a screen capture of the news system so you can see what it looks like before hand, don't be afraid to ask. Again, though, it is changing... if I ever get it completed -_-;

I want someone that can sound professional but fun and has good grammar and spelling skills!

[] - [] - [] - []

Ex-Lurker
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ItL Looking for News Writer(s)!

Postby Ex-Lurker » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:53 am

Hello,

While I'm new to these forums, I've spent my time with writing news and reviews. I'm glad to help if you would have me. The link below is where I did videogame reviews for a time, mainly to learn to use After Effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xJBfGj ... ults_video

I try and keep track of gaming news in the first place, so I'll end up looking at the piles of news about the Etrian Odyssey 1 spin off regardless.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 am

Hi Ex. The youtube video you listed is interesting, but I'm more interested in your writing abilities. Are there any articles or reviews that you've written that you could link to?

[] - [] - [] - []

Ex-Lurker
Ragelope

Postby Ex-Lurker » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:42 am

Hmm... These are several years old, but I used to do collumns and reviews for MMOsite...

http://news.mmosite.com/writerclub/leseanpayne.shtml

(Some articles from the bunch)
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-12 ... se,1.shtml
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-07 ... ns,1.shtml
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-11 ... os,1.shtml

By now I've changed a little bit... More double checking, more to the point... These days I keep my writing sharp with short stories and rants that I never share with people.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:02 am

You have more experience than most of the people that I was hoping to respond to this post - which is a great thing!

Let me see what you can do now. Would you mind writing up the missing EO1 Spinoff article I haven't gotten to yet? If it's good I'll hire you and show you how to post it up on the website.

[] - [] - [] - []

Ex-Lurker
Ragelope

Postby Ex-Lurker » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:47 pm

Surely, expect it before the end of the day. I'll PM it to you.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:10 pm

I'll volunteer as editor! :D

Wave-tan
Bloodant

Postby Wave-tan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Tempting, and I have experience both as a review writer and as an editor, but...I suspect I'd be biting off more than I can chew with my current responsibilities. (^_^;)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm

No thanks, Trif. I'm the editor. ^_^; I need the stories written, not edited.

I was hoping for one more person to volunteer, but after seeing Ex's beautiful job (my GOD he's doing a great job) maybe I won't need it. So, for now, I'm going to suspend the hunt for another writer.

... T-T I think Ex is doing a better job than I do when I post news stories.....

[] - [] - [] - []

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Radha Hall Announcements”