Mobile Theme

Announcements for site, gallery, and forums. AND THE RULES!!

Moderators: Maxine MagicFox, Archaic Sage

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Mobile Theme

Postby Archaic Sage » Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 pm

We've installed a generic mobile theme that will allow users posting from a smartphone or tablet a more optimised experience. The theme is not "ItL"ed and looks like a stripped down standard theme.

It will automatically detect if you're coming in from a smartphone and from some tablets. If you don't want to use it, then there's a button a the top that allows you to switch to the "full" ItL theme.

From what I can see, all of our custom mods are working on there as well e.g. the spoiler tags

We will eventually theme this to match the rest of the site, but for the time being, this should help those who want to post from their Android/iPhone/Windows Phone/Blackberry devices.

If you spot anything weird, let us know here.

[ | | | | ]

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Mobile Theme

Postby zamisk » Thu May 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Oh God, the blue. @_@

But it's a good idea, and will be nice to have the option. Thanks!

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Thu May 09, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm currently working on the colours at the moment, but I'm not as good as Maxine with this version of phpBB. I've not really done a lot of this stuff in about 5 years or more, so it's a lot of trial and error.

Right now the colours are in a better place than where they were though :).

[ | | | | ]

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Thu May 09, 2013 5:12 pm

I've checked on the iPhone 5, iPad (both using Safari), Samsung Galaxy S3 (using "Internet" and Chrome), 3DS and Nintendo Wii U and they all worked fine. Some of the colours aren't great, so that'll need changing in due course.

I've not checked on the Wii or the Xbox 360 as, well, I don't care so much about the Wii as it's a bitch to type on and I've not downloaded IE on the Xbox 360.

I don't have a Vita or a PS4 so I can't check it on there...

In theory it should work on all mobile platforms, but I'm sure that there will be some problems as mobile browsers are very difficult to work with as they're all different.

[ | | | | ]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 09, 2013 10:58 pm

When I have more time available (after I'm done with the blog system) I will work on skinning this thing, but don't expect it any time soon. It's like... at the bottom of the priority list ^_^; for now.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Yes, it switches to mobile=on automatically on Vita too.

Wow, Maxine is going to have fun getting that to look good and consistent with the regular site :)

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 pm

That's good to hear. It's much better than it was originally but still needs work.

I'm happy with it for the time being though as it's meant to be strippes down and easy to use.

[ | | | | ]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 11, 2013 2:31 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:49 am

I absolutely love the mobile theme when I'm on my phone. It makes browsing the forums SO much easier. :D

I only see two things that might need tweaking. It's hard to read the white usernames and such against that greyish looking box, and I don't see a 'next page' button at the bottom.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Clarifying my earlier post:

When I get to the bottom of the page on my phone, I can't see whether or not there is a next page until I click on the tiny # in the bottom right. It's really easy to accidentally click the settings button or that tiny link to Artodia instead. And then! When I finally hit the #... no next page anyway.

Basically, the mobile theme would be absolutely perfect in every way if you added a "Next Page" button across from Post a reply and Quick Reply whenever there is next page available. Though I know you're busy, Maxine, so there's no rush here. <3

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Radha Hall Announcements”