Moderators Apply - Two Open Positions

Announcements for site, gallery, and forums. AND THE RULES!!

Moderators: Maxine MagicFox, Archaic Sage

36 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Moderators Apply - Two Open Positions

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 am

Well, let's get down to it. Archaic mentioned it before, but I wasn't quite sure I was ready to go through with this, but it's kinda obvious... our Moderators are rarely ever on (Kino, I think, has all but left us :( ) and noodles and Zeta are off and on (more off than on these days).

We don't need a lot of assistance around here, obviously, but if I disappear for a few weeks at a time I would like the reassurance that things will be able to run smoothly.

So! I have two open Moderator spots. Who's interested?

Like the first time (and only time) I looked for Moderators (do you guys remember that? LOL) this is handled really simple.

Anyone who expresses interest will be looked into. This is not a first come first serve. Archaic and I both review the interested people, looking at their previous posts, their conducts, and certain other behaviors that we think would make you good candidates for being moderators (including post frequency).

Please post and tell us if you interested and why you think you would make a decent moderator. I think it should go without saying but, newbies need not apply. ^_^ No offense but I don't know you really well nor have I had a chance to see your faults and how well you look and follow the rules yourselves. I don't care what forums you are part of moderating or administrating. I am NOT looking for references here.

Again let me state that this is BOTH Archaic Sage and myself looking at people - and our posters, too. This is NOT a popularity contest but if you are not interested yourself but have your own opinion about who you think would make a good mod, please feel free to express your opinion.

^_^ The Moderators I chosen those many years ago were wonderful and they are still our Moderators. I can't wait to see who else ends up joining our family and will continue to do as wonderful a job as they do.

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Moderators Apply - Two Open Positions

Postby zamisk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 am

I'm more than willing to mod if you would have me. I've been keeping my nose clean since that drama I was involved with a while back, and trying not to start things like that again. I'm plenty active and have been for years. Anyways if you think I'm up to it I'd love to do it.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:48 am

I am interested in being a mod. I've had a little experience on other forums (though it has been YEARS), and I'm on here quite often. Downside, though, is that I don't check the NSFW forum while I'm... well at work, so I could not moderate that area for a large portion of weekdays.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:00 am

I'm not sure that I'd be much of a disciplinarian (I can just see it now, "C'mon, guys, can't we all just get aloooonnng? ~<3"), but I certainly wouldn't mind becoming a mod just so that I can move threads around if need be, change titles, sticky things, edit posts (like the birthday thread!)... General small maintenance type things like that.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:58 am

would you be on every day

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:15 am

I'm on every day now and have been for weeks and weeks. @_@ I'd just have to read a few more threads than I do now.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 am

halifix
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby halifix » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:06 pm

I called the EO3 Twinkling Tavern girl cute 3 years ago on the IRC channel (and then got warned for spoilers because of that), am I a veteran now?

Anyways, I agree that Hong is greater than human, and would be a superb mod.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:05 am

Hong would be the #1 choice for a mod here in my opinion, I have no doubts about that. However, Hong tends to dissapear for months at a time.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 am

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:10 am

I propose we make everyone mods for a week and see if we're still alive after that. Yeah....... :P

I do like the idea of someone with the role Trifkin is suggesting, in addition to another person in a more traditional moderator role. At first I thought perhaps one new moderator would suffice, for the amount of posts we have here currently. I nominate Zamisk, and I'd also nominate Hong if not for not being particularly active.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:03 am

NessySchu
Manticor

Postby NessySchu » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:26 am

I agree with everything Negzee said. Mostly about having everyone battle it out. >:)
Nessy and I can sports and we have several fan. -Zam

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Hey Maxine, it's been a week today since this was posted. Have you and Archaic decided anything? Not pressuring you, just reminding you because this thread has been inactive for a while and it could have slipped your mind.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Zamisk, I promise this has not slipped my mind. Please keep in mind that both Archaic and I work long hours and have lives. You should already have noticed that I am not on frequently, especially with my new job.

This is not something that will be decided quickly. Please be patient.

I assure you. ItL is never far from my mind (actually, I spent the whole day today working on the back end of the news system).

[] - [] - [] - []

36 posts

Return to “Radha Hall Announcements”