Banner font

Suggest, complain, or compliment an idea about the site.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: Banner font

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 am

:P Suggestion rejected! I LOVE the Papyrus font. ^_^

[] - [] - [] - []

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:29 am

But it looks so inn-sy. And the curves remind me of deer antlers.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:00 am

Sorry, the magical fox is the boss. =P

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:59 pm

I could see that noodles. I would absolutely NEVER use it for one of my more professional designs. :3 But I do love it. And I'll be the first to admit that I still have a lot to learn about design and second to remind everyone that :( I'm a programmer. Design is always secondary. So, yeah, I'm sure my layouts aren't ever going to compete in competitions and there's a lot of holes in my education.

Seriously, though, the site has looked this way since '07. I'm really not interested in bothering to grab my old images files from my old computer just to change a few fonts in four tiny areas because someone suddenly decides they don't like it ^_^; (no offense and I'm sure that sounds harsher than what I intend).

Also, if I DO open up photoshop any time soon it's purely to make professional layouts for my business. So... it's a no-go guys. My designing schedule is already booked.

Also, apart from the logo, all of the other fonts in the EO games I've never particularly liked - not for a website layout. I think the logo would be way too curly for the banners and even in-game the fonts that were used were difficult to read. I don't think they would be very suitable for the website banners. Not that I've seen any fonts ever be released or anyone attempt to mimic them.

Thomas: The Golden Deer Pub banner is not Papyrus. It is Tempus Sans ITC. Papyrus only appears in the following places: the three mini-banners "Return to ItL" "Image Gallery" and "Join the Forums". It also appears in our forums menu "Home" "FAQ" "Search" etc. and in a similar menu in the Image Gallery. ~_^ So... suddenly I'm wondering what font it is that you're having a problem with.

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:10 pm

This thread should have been two posts long, including OP.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:40 pm

sorry?

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”