Advice needed

Suggest, complain, or compliment an idea about the site.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Advice needed

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:41 am

Okay, so I'm in the middle of working on a LOONG and hard project for a while and it's going to set the pace for the other strategy guides that I post up. Before I do, I need some opinions to make sure that 1) it's going to be helpful and 2) It works and looks great and 3) it's user friendly.

Anyone wanna be the beta tester and offer opinions?

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:42 am

What is this mysterious project, exactly?

Kakizaki
Fenrir

Postby Kakizaki » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:43 am

How can we test if we have already cleared the game?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:46 am

:\ You can't look at a bunch of images and maps and determine if it's going to be helpful and such?

Oh, not mysterious. It's in my siggy: The Item Points and Treasure guide - where all item points and treasures are and what spot gives what items. The way that I'm doing it... :\

It's just the first stratum and isn't totally complete just yet.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:49 am

Oh, pooh, here: You all just offer advice:

http://intothelabyrinth.net/index2.html

^ This is my work page and will be deleted and not all links work and such like it does on the site. The only thing you need to look at is the content and what's there.

The pop up maps for Floors 4 and 5 are NOT complete. Please be sure to click for the larger map images and roll your mouse on the maps. I am going to put a little more on those pop up pages with like a sentence of instructions, maybe.

:oops: I hope it's not a complete failure.

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:52 am

I like it. It looks user friendly enough to me.

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:14 am

Nice! I'm really impressed!

Just two things though:

1) On the map for floor B1F, I believe the door at B-1 is also locked by a crystal seal. A clear one, I think?

2) On the "+Click map coordinates for image" section, each item in the list has 2 coordinates. What does the second one mean? For example: "Treasure [A1-D3]: Nectar"

It is user-friendly, actually. I didn't have any trouble navigating it/figuring out how it works. Nice job :)

EDIT: Doh, I figured out what the second coordinate means. You just subdivided each 5x5 square into A through E and 1 through 5. That's what I get for posting when I'm all sleep-deprived, heh.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:50 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:21 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:24 am

^_^ This is just the guide for Item Points and Treasures.

Yes, I have it planned to do a list of all regular monsters on one page and then a list of FOEs on another and I will be posting their builds and stuff. It will probably end up looking similar to the Monstrous Codex already on GameFaqs. Images would be AWESOME.

For the FOEs I also have planned to probably do something like what is on this page. I want to have images of where they are, or where you have to be before they appear, and then what "path" they follow, and also if they 'turn red' and come after you when you do something (like on Floor 20, the only turn red if you are near them and get into a fight with an FOE).

Ugg, I'm not sure what I'm doing with the FOE page.

[] - [] - [] - []

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Just for a little teaser, I got the first 5 monsters with two types of images:

and the different type, it has been zoomed but enhanced with a "vector drawing" replacement:

These are the types I will be uploading Maxine, I don't know how I'll go about doing it, because they will become large files.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Load them up to the image gallery of course.

As for the vector imaging... I think there's a lot that I could still do to touch it up, but that's not a bad job, though. *Pats on the back* (though, it's "zoom in" if the image is larger)

However, if I were to put them on the site, I'd just take the first image as those sizes are about perfect for a website page.

[] - [] - [] - []

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:16 pm

[ | | | | ]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:06 pm

Back on topic: I am DONE!

http://intothelabyrinth.net/etrianodyss ... asures.php

*Collapses on floor* :3 If anyone wants to go ahead and go through to make sure that there are no tiny errors (even if it's a wall out of place on one of the maps to a incorrect label) it would be appreciated. Otherwise, I hope you guys enjoy!

[] - [] - [] - []

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”