Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

17600 posts
Benkyo
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Benkyo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:20 am

Over the last few weeks I have been rescued three times from depths 40-50 on one of Shiren 5's hardest dungeons, and just completed that dungeon thanks to the three individuals who rescued me for no reward. Japanese Shiren players are awesome.

I'm also in the 3rd strata of EO, playing it for the first time after realising I didn't want to go back over old ground in EO3.

I also finally picked up Civilization 5 with Gods and Kings from a ridiculously cheap 'Mac only' US Amazon deal that works fine on Windows. Addictive as ever, but I'm concerned by the crap AI.

Also playing a bit of Brogue and dying a lot.

Got a website consultant exam due on the 28th, and the Japanese proficiency test on the 2nd of Dec. I shouldn't be playing anything.
無垢無頼努

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:08 pm

ZombiU is supposedly fun.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:06 pm

So, I am making a Norn Mesmer to serve as my dedicated craftsman (someone I actually put forth an effort to craft in). Basil, my ranger, finally hit level 100 in cooking, but I still have a long way to go. xD Honestly, the cooking skill is so fun, because everything in it looks so good...

My Mesmer going into Tailoring is mostly so I can get some of the armor sets I've been missing out on.

Found out that it's part of a variation of an armor set that I found myself liking (Pit Fighter), so I don't have to worry too much. XD

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Amazon's got some nice deals going for digital games today. I decided to take advantage of the one for Dark Souls (activates on Steam anyway) for $15.

Nice to come home from work and see that. Was almost going to buy on Steam directly, then I saw a link.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:06 am

I keep watching Continuum Shift. There aren't many copies left, but I don't want to buy one yet. I'll have to get it next week.
Hmmmm.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:46 am

無垢無頼努

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 am

Lack of same sex courtship in Harvest Moon is a bit of a pity. I like Iroha and Tina.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 am

Little bit. =/

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:58 pm

I hear you can woo her with animal poop (in addition to the poisonous mushrooms you should have been saving!), so I would imagine she's an easy job. In any event, I have taken a liking to Allen. <3 He is self-confident, impolite with words, fashionable, good with hair, likes flowers and natural herbs (also bricks!?)... is there a catch to this man? I will work on him while I wait to see who else shows up.

When my character first gave him a flower, I imagined her saying:
"Uh... um... you reminded me of this flower-- I mean, this flower reminded me of you, so I felt you should have it and uh... yeah." *awkward*

Tried not to read/look up too much on the game. Much more fun when things come as a surprise, but on the other hand I have heard horror stories of people who sold all of their honey combs and converted their small branches to lumber before they knew their importance, so I am glad I peeked as much as I have!

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:17 pm

I don't like Allen. xD I find his appearance irritating.

Also, returned to playing as the Shotarisen in Dragon's Dogma... Mason, you look sooooo much creepier, when the camera panels over to you looking at my character, when I first get to Gran Soren.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 pm

^ TAKE CARE THAT YOU DON'T GET WET!

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:41 am

It's a tight budget this year. Going to be an even smaller Xmas in my house, too. Oh well.

<_< I didn't even bother to look up the sales that they have on games. -_- No money for them. I don't want to even know what I'm missing.

.... *sigh* Guess it's replay central for me.... Currently in the process of replaying through Birth by Sleep this time on Critical Mode. Fucking beginnings are fucking hard! o_o Until you get Cure and get some money for Potions... and of course the monsters that drop potions are the ones you need to use potions while fighting!! >_< For one moment in a Command Board game I thought Terra was going to receive the Cure spell after I purchased it off of an Aqua tile... but then Ven landed on it and bought it out from under me. T-T I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Once you get a few levels under your belt, Critical Mode isn't so hard.

This play through, instead of going through the stories individually and restarting, I'm dancing between the three and keeping them along about the same pace. Makes it more fun this way, too. After the first three worlds I switched. Right now, every one is about ready to head off to Radiant Garden. I'm going to combine Radiant Garden with Disney Town before I switch again and then make my next switch point about after everyone's last Disney world - and I go through all of the worlds and collect the items left behind. From there I will get each character situated right before the final boss.

... I should like do a Kingdom Hearts marathon or something after this. Just play KH1 through to 2. I even have CoM on the playstation. ... Ick but I really REALLY hated KH Days. I didn't even finish that one the first time.

-_- I wish I could play Dream Drop... *sigh* <_< But even if I had money for a new system, I would be Vita long before I ever purchased a 3DS.

[] - [] - [] - []

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:41 am

I've been playing League of Legends quite a lot recently ever since a friend got me into it...

...and now I'm taking an extended brake from it, as the typical moba community mixed with f2p has baked my simple fighting game mind into fine china. Can't people just have fun?

Also, can't wait for the new Blazblue.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 am

Walking Dead = GOTY

Oh man, no game was this emotional since Mother 3. :(

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”