Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

17600 posts
Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Drathi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:18 am

ddsfjaihshalskggda I loved the Oracle games. ; o ; I hate that a bully from elementary school stole them from me as a kid. At least I had the true ending.

Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Etrian Veteran » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:48 am

Guess I'm the only person in existence who doesn't really like Earthbound all that much. I've played it before, and I just don't think it aged very well. It probably helps that I don't have any nostalgia for the game either.

As for LttP, I had the GBA version when I was younger but I didn't enjoy it very much. I'd probably enjoy it more now, but I no longer have the cartridge so I'll just get it when it inevitably makes it's way to the Virtual Console.

Never played the Oracle games, so I'm looking forward to trying them!

I was okay with paying $50 for SMT IV even without the bonus stuff, so that makes it all the better.

Super excited for Bravely Default, but I'm not a fan of the long wait.

Everything else doesn't really interest me.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:58 am

It's not so much the nostalgia, but the fact the game has so much charm and heart in it. XD Yes, it didn't age well, but honestly, I prefer it over Mother 3.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 am

New Age Retro Hippie.

Do I need any other reason?

Terithian
Fenrir

Postby Terithian » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:22 am

I'm so sad that I lost my copy of Oracle of Seasons. It bothers me so much, because I have absolutely no idea where it could have gone. For years, I was convinced it was behind the bookshelf in my closet, until I finally moved it and was crushed to not see it there.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 am

T-T It... it thought you didn't want it anymore and moved on to the Island of Misfit Toys. You fool!

@Earthbound: No, Lostman. I didn't care for the game, either. It was... funny for the first fifteen minutes, but after that it was like playing a game a friend made using RPG MAKER or something.

@LttP: I LOVE the graphics of the game and the world and the story. The manual had time and effort put into it. The story was simplistic and cliche, but it was elegant. I literally cried tears for Flute Boy and his grandfather . Like any aged game, you can't go into it thinking it's going to be Ocarina of Time with a full-fledged story and pages and pages of dialogue.
Short and sweet: it's about a boy who loses his uncle at the beginning of the game, and is the last remaining of the bloodline of Knights who were charged with keeping the Princess safe - and his destiny to obtain the Master Sword. If you can't go into the game with that sort of inspiration ^_^; it's probably going to fail you.

But the puzzles and the dungeons! O_O *drools*
I like this math:
LoZ - 9 dungeons
AoL - 7
LttP - 12 (13 if you count Hyrule Castle twice)
LA - 8
Ocarina of Time - 9
and well... let's just say, it never breaks 10 in any other Zelda game. It's lucky if it breaks 8.

And Skyward Sword has the most pathetic excuse for dungeons in the whole series. <_< Controls aside (which I enjoyed) that game was a serious wash. I've honestly not completed it. I've not had the drive to do so.

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:55 am

Hey! Guess whose used 3DS is starting to bite him in the ass by his R button being finicky on weapons that need the R button!?

This guy!

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:00 am

FC: 3952-7612-1296

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:41 am

LoZ: LttP is still my favorite game in the series.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 am

Reggie is pretty affable.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Crazy buggers, they were.

Wave-tan
Bloodant

Postby Wave-tan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Link to the Past is still my favorite Zelda title of all time. Then again, I'm a bit of a fanatic for 2D art, so the newer titles can't really compare in my mind.
Wave-tan | Administrative Overlord
Waveform Development Circle
waveformfeedback@gmail.com
There's no kill like overkill

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:27 pm

I'd like to say Link to the Past is my favourite, but mostly by default, as I've only ever completed that and the original Zelda on my old Famicom. I don't remember playing more than an hour of any of the other installments in the series.

(I miss my Famicom. Woke up one morning to find that mice had chewed through some of the wiring. Never got around to replacing....)

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:40 pm

My Famicom works better than my NES.

Freakin' top loaders, man.

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”