Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Hong
Manticor

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Hong » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm

I am considering purchasing this title. It looks like Link to the Past with a comedic twist.

Edit - Only $14. Sold.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:42 pm

how playing a session of game of thrones in crusader kings ii goes

be renly

marry dany

watch as robert banishes her to some random place then waaay past the wall somehow

get her back after he dies

king joffery tries to banish her again i revolt

enter 15 year struggle in which i accidentally make dany queen

man grand strategy is silly
When you're alone, always remember:

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 am

A wide-scale is coming to TF2 to reassess and tweak current items. If it turns out good, I might start playing it again. As far as balance is concerned, TF2 is a good game. Some classes suck at competitive level, but eh, can't be helped without gutting them.

However, some weapons in the game are not fun to fight against. The Dead Ringer comes to mind. Also, while I usually play Pyro myself, I know how frustrating it can be if one lag-borne flame particle travels across the room and ignites you for ten seconds. It is not imbalanced nor is it crippling, but it is just not fun to deal with.

We'll see how it pans out. I know ItL has a lot of TF2 players, so I thought you may be interested.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Thinking about getting Dark Arisen.

halifix
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby halifix » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Peeked at the the RaiderZ forums where I used to be active. It's really surprising how misinformed people are now; there's basically only one person still around who has a comprehensive knowledge of the game (although he does data search nowadays, so it's to be expected), and he doesn't post everywhere, so there's a lot of false info spread around. Even for obvious things like understanding how the most farmed boss in the game works, or how stats used to work a mere 3 months ago. Too lazy to start posting there again though.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:20 pm

I concur, friend. I found it the most irritating as a Scout and Pyro. Feels hard to deal with it effectively. :(

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm

A bold move, with the upcoming Fire Emblem X SMT.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:20 pm

That's what I was thinking when I saw it.

BL2: Seems I caught up with my friend, so I've been leveling a commando on the side. Either I end up doubling Sirens, or we go Siren-Commando if he waits long enough.
For the Siren, I got a couple gold keys from Shift codes, so through that I got a pair of nice purple pistols (using the Vladof one), and then Mamaril was waiting outside to give me a purple shotgun. The downside being they're all neutral element. She also got a mod that fits my Cata/Converge build, and a shield that explodes when she dies. Still using a corrosive shotgun from level 18, because it destroys armored mobs.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:33 am

Sin & Punishment @~@

Sooooo good.

Terithian
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Terithian » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:59 am

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:43 pm

I have never tried an SMT game before. To be honest, it does not look appealing at all in any way what-so-ever. On the other hand, I can effectively try a critically-acclaimed RPG with a strong history for only $20. As always I will try anything once.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:42 pm

^ SMT IV has been noted to have some issues, especially in terms of challenge and pacing. Some of the new artwork is also controversial.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:08 am

I tried playing Megaman X, but I think something's up with my ROM. Bosses are supposed to appear after the ocean and ice stage, right? Because the stage ended rather abruptly with the message "You got Homing Misslie!/Ice Shotgun!" I also did not in fact get the homing missile, but I did get the shotgun.

Also, LOOK AT ALL DEM I feel they could have done more to fix the Mini sentry, but hopefully the health regaining bug removal was enough to make them bearable.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:28 am

So, I just realized my character in Dark Souls is a ginger... I am a terrible person for thinking that it's so fitting.

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”