Pokemon General

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1771 posts
Delta
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pokemon General

Postby Delta » Wed May 07, 2014 8:22 pm

I feel sorry for the US. They don't get the awesome colour cases. Alpha Sapphire all the way.

Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Etrian Veteran » Wed May 07, 2014 9:22 pm

I AM SO EXCITED

I hope the trumpets are still in the OST...
FC: 3952-7612-1296

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Sun May 11, 2014 12:40 am

So Pokémon GetTV just finished, needless to say, what we got was very underwhelming. By that I meant this is all we got out of it:

Granted, they just announced the game, so I guess it's understandable in a way. But still...

Also, in Japan there'll be an event Darkrai in preparation for the new movie (if I understood correctly). Go to 7-Eleven and go online and ding-dong you've got a Darkrai.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:07 pm

CoroCoro leaks posted on Serebii showcases Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert and Mega Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon with Lightning Rod, which I find REALLY weird, I mean why would you use an electric move on regular Sceptile to begin with? It's like... for paralyzing only. :I Mega Swampert keeps his typing and gets Swift Swim, better than Lightning Rod as it'll help Mega Swampert dish out damage quicker as it is pretty slow.

Kyogre's and Groudon's new forms are called "Atom" forms, or something. Team Aqua and Magma comes with new designs, with Team Aqua all being tanned and Maxie looking like a total dork. May and Brendan (or at least I assume it's supposed to be them) also has new designs. They have dropped some garments to compliment the fact that Hoenn is a tropical region. Doesn't stop Steven from being dressed completely in black though. Also he has a Mega Charizard X what??? I dunno about that last part though, but apparently he's after the secret of Mega Evolution.

Also, most important: Mach and Acro bikes are back!
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:37 pm

So beautiful...
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Look at this youngster! He's adorable! He's easily now my favorite version of the youngster class.

And well yeah, there's now a page for ORAS, I don't know if it's been there for long, but at least there is one now.

Also, new first stage starters art! I can't wait to see how the rest turns out.

- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:27 am

Metagross, Flygon, and Seviper! I'm getting even more excited.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:35 am

Well, heh, Mega Sableye was most certainly confired.

Aren't those like... five version exclusive duos there? Ludicolo and Shiftry, Sharpedo and Camerupt (I'm not too sure about this one though), Zangoose and Seviper, Salamence and Metagross + the pretty already confirmed Latias and Latios? Plus, Sableye and Mawile were also version exclusives. Anyway, out of those, I'm all for Mega Sharpedo.

Also, it seems you need to bring Diance from XY to ORAS to get the Mega.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:04 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:46 am

"When Sableye Mega Evolves, its Defense and Sp. Attack stats both get big boosts. Its Speed stat does decrease slightly, perhaps because of the weight of its huge jewel. Thanks to its Magic Bounce Ability, any moves that affect only stats or status conditions will be bounced back at its attacker."
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:15 pm

It could be a decent wall though as all the current MB users are very frail. Xatu have 70 in both defense, Mega Absol have 60 in both as all the boosts went into the attack stats and speed, and Espeon have 60 in defense and 95 in sp. def.

Sableye right now have a def of 75 and sp.def 65. It clearly is going to boost def and sp.atk, maybe some into sp.def too in exchange for the speed it looses (that or more attack is my thought). Combine that with one weakness, which isn't too normal yet (except for a certain physical move on one certain pikablu evolution), and you can't use moves like Toxic or Thunder Wave or Stealth Rock when it's out, plus it's access to Recover, and bam, it's not that shabby.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:41 am

I don't like Pokemon, but the other day I found out that the Pokemon X GameFAQs board can be pretty entertaining. I poked my head into a topic that was on the front page and discovered a controversy over one of Serebii's writers stealing someones Pokemon. I ended up staying up all night reading through topic after topic, trying to read what I could of each before it disappeared. She apparently went crazy or is doing drugs or something and is saying all sorts of weird things like claiming that she has absorbed Arceus into herself. In the topics people would discuss completely random stuff until she made another alt and started ranting again, at which point people would tell her to give back the Pokemon/close her account(s) until that account got suspended. It seems unlikely that the guy will get his Pokemon back, but at least Serebii fired her.

Edit: I just came back from GameFAQs and there is another 500 topic and 2 more currently ongoing.

There was also a topic where somebody (who is a well known troll apparently) was suggesting that Pokemon should be able to have dual-types with only one type. Her example was to make Tangela Grass/Grass. That topic was hilarious for her math "logic". It was pretty funny when people tried to correct her, but got it wrong themselves. More than one person said that 1.5*1.5= 1.75 when trying to correct her on how double STAB would work. How do you get that wrong?
Don't Die.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:09 am

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:36 am

So Fancy Pattern Vivillon is out. Get it through the Mystery Gift option.

But most importantly of these two news: Secret Bases are back!

So based on what I've read on Serebii, some of the info is:
- An NPC by the name of Aarune is an expert on Super-Secret Bases (that's what they're called now). You will battle with him, and so far the only known pokemon of his is Flygon.
- Obviously, decorating is a thing.
- The base can be shared through both StreetPass and QR codes.
- You can recruit the trainers to your base if you find theirs.
- They have features. Some will battle, some will make eggs hatch faster, some will apparently make pokemon level up just like that and some will have furniture. This is obviously not all of them.
- Capture the Flag is back.
- You can put in some battle rules and make the base a mini gym! Currently, the only thing they mention is the option to make it either Single or Double battle.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

1771 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”