Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Zypose » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:38 am

I bought BOTH the first witcher and the binding of issac. fun fun fun.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:15 am

Well, how about that? Was less than 2 hours away from finishing AC3. Now just some epilogue and I can move on to 4.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Have anyone here played the whole Legacy of Kain series? A friend of mine told me to play that series, plus I've been interested to try it, so I bought the pack on Steam. Though based on the wikipedia page, there's six of them, but the Steam one only had five and it seems to be the first one that is not present? Like, is one of them actually a remake, or will I lose a lot of the story because of this? I've heard the games are pretty story-heavy, so I really hope there isn't much I'll miss out from not playing the first game.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:06 am

And now Dragon Age: Inquisition. Yep, pretty good stuff. Highly recommend.

Looking back, yeah, you'll spend more time running around doing sidequests and running around the areas. I liken it to Skyrim or even Dragon's Dogma, where you just go off and find stuff. Probably more DD, since all the separated areas feel more like that than Skyrim's country-sized landscape. But there's hinterlands, swamps, deserts, mountains, bright forests, rocky plains. Lot of environments to get lost in. It's less about solving random problems going in and more about building an organization.

The dragons were pretty epic, though.

Last edited by SirthOsiris on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:11 am

I'm doing little playthroughs of the binding of issac. Fun, and i'm still trying to get good at it.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:19 am

Most of the people I know that got Inquisition have had a lot of problems with it (as in problems with it not running well).

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:49 pm

.... BUT I DON'T WANNA BUY A WIIU!!! ...

... >_< Dammit!! I will always be a die hard Zelda fan in my heart. That's just the major problem with me.

No. Skyward Sword was such a fucking disappointment and I cannot justify purchasing a whole system for one game. This game is going to have to be REALLY phenomenal to get my vote. I don't want pretty graphics or even kewl fighting. I love STORY. I love the Zelda puzzles.

So far lately only the handheld Zelda's have interested me. My god was there anything that A Link Between Worlds did wrong other than being too fucking short of a game?!

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:12 pm

I will probably get a WiiU for this game, but only once reviews are out and I have a chance to play it for a while elsewhere. Skyward Sword burned me too.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Jumping off the horse and being able to shoot at the same time sold me immediately.

It's not like this game is going to be the only good game for the Wii U or anything. I mean, there's not a LOT of games out for the Wii U, but nearly every single one of them is amazing. The eShop has some really good games too, but nobody seems to notice them except hip people like me who don't just look at what you see advertised everywhere. How do you think I found Etrian Odyssey? :P

I personally think that Wind Waker HD looks better (graphically, at least) than this game so far, but it's not out yet so I won't go and state that outright.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Dr. Joe
Ragelope

Postby Dr. Joe » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:39 pm

I did the same thing, Maxine, and what a mega disappointment that was. The only reason I don't regret getting the Wii is that my Gamecube has now suddenly stopped reading discs, so the Wii is my only way to play my GC games. I don't plan on getting a WiiU (I think I'm done with home platforms at this point in my life) and as pretty as that demo looks, I'm still suspicious. If it gets good reviews from people who hated Skyward Sword, I would consider getting a WiiU. Or beg a friend to let me play it regularly at his place. :lol:

In the meantime, though, I've been playing Link Between Worlds on my newly-purchased 3DS. A much more positive experience. :) Also picked up 999 (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors) to play in short bursts. I'm already stumped on the first puzzle and I don't know if it was because I was tired or if the game is actually hard.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Debating on starting up a new file on Rune Factory 4. Never finished it.

Don't like the design of the female protagonist, and the male protagonist doesn't sit right for some reason. :/

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:04 am

Amber?

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Controlling a piece of bread is way harder than I thought it could be, but at least if people rage on it, I won't blame them.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”