Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Games you are playing

Postby zamisk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:10 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Welp, i've gotten into the swing of my summer break now that i'm outta summer school, so mass effect 2 is going well. i hope to finish the series this summer. Then i'm gonna play through DA:O before i go buy DA2, which i don't care if people say isen't as good.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:06 am

I'm only like half way through DA2, but I'd say it's pretty solid. Comparing it to DA:O feels so weird, since they're such different games.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:05 am

they do seem vastly different. kindof like how mass effect 2 changed SO much form ME1, but ME2 is my favorite in the series. i'm honsestly thrilled to play DA2 after i finish DA:O of course.

Edit: i just discovered how to backstab as rogue.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:35 pm

DA2's biggest shortcoming is the fact that game looks and feels very rushed. It has its moments, but generally its a weak game overall. I wouldn't hold it against anyone wanting to play it, its weak but not completely terrible at least. The gameplay is a very different beast from DA:O since its more action based than strategic. It actually works well, though the level designs don't complement it very well. DA:I has the similar gameplay as well, and that game is a blast to play.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Finished the College of Winterhold quest line in Skyrim. I'm level 40, time to continue main quest which is currently after killing the dragon at Kynesgrove, haha.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:29 pm

So, uh Earthbound Beginnings and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones!

Now, I ain't far at all in Earthbound Beginnings yet, but it's pretty dang slow. I probably spent the first hour of gameplay running around in circles around my house to fight one enemy, then run back inside, get healed, then repeat until I felt fit enough to actually go to the town. That being said, I still don't dislike it and have faith that battles should feel a bit less tedious by the time I get my first party member. Even if I end up hating it in the end (Which I sincerely hope doesn't happen) I'm still glad I got it, for no other reason to say "Good boy, Nintendo!" for them to actually release this game outside Japan. :>

The only reason I ain't farther in Earthbound Beginnings though is because Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones. Dang, it's good. So far I can't really tell what exactly makes it any DIFFERENT than FE7, but it just feels BETTER, and I still REALLY liked FE7 so that's saying quite a bit. I get the feeling that I might prefer Sacred Stones more than Awakening at some point, but that might be a stretch. Also, playing though Sacred Stones is kinda making me realize that I'm just not that excited for Fire Emblem: Fates. It just feels not like not really a Fire Emblem game anymore, what with all the changes that they're boasting about, but then again I haven't played it or anything so I could be completely wrong, I just won't be very excited about it until I play a demo or something. Or until I find a waifu on par with my precious Nowi...
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Sacred Stones has better map design and more interesting enemies than both Blazing Sword and Awakening. That alone is a pretty significant factor; chapter design is the biggest downfall of Awakening, after all. Blazing Sword was not particularly bad on that front. On a personal level, I like the characters and especially the music much more than Blazing Sword, but both games are good in that respect.

As for Earthbound Beginnings, what will set you off is the snowball effect. The thing is your levelling benefits are scaled towards an end-game character, common with old games. This means early on, each level has an astronomically large difference in how strong you are. Enemies go from dealing 6 damage to 1, what would take 5 hits takes 1-2, and so forth. All Ninten needs is a few levels and maybe a weapon purchase and you should have no problems with the cemetery.

What makes this a snowball effect is the levelling curve is an easy climb; the first few levels are relatively painful to get, but after that you will just fly through the next five or so levels because the EXP requirement is so tame for how strong you are.

The power curve (or lack there-of) and the random encounter rates are honestly pretty bad, but given its age I can see past that for all the wonderful things it accomplishes.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Huh. Demon Gaze has different damagetiles in each area. The woods have thorns. The burning city has lava or something, and on the side of the map without damagetiles, the buildings aren't even on fire.

An odd mix of junk and high polish. Super strictly copy-pasted tradition and modern convenience, too.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:06 am

Well, Radiant Historia decided to arrive remarkiably fast, so i'm gonna be playing that for a while (seems like a long game) so far i can say one thing: I like Marco

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:20 pm

I don't want to spoil it, but Demon Gaze has one of my favourite mimics.

Awkward sex-stuff aside, a quality product worth my money.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:46 am

Finished the Septentrione Arc (sided with ) of Record Breaker. I do have one rant about Ronaldo's character though. More so an oversight of the developer really.

As for the main arc of DS2, the game is technically better than what I remember from Overclocked. However, part of me wants to say that Overclocked was the better entry. I think the reason for that is how they went about re-purposing assets from Overclocked (mostly the maps) and thus having a lack in variety outside of the final boss map(s).

Anyways onto the Triangulum arc with NG+ features: Exp limit removed, skills carried over, and 1 demon carried over. I was initially going to do the fusion level limit removed, but decided that Titania had too much time invested into fusing her for it to have only been used on the final battle. However, part of me really wants to show restraint in using her too early.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:43 am

FF14: Max level summoner again.

That is all.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Alexander is out, already beaten all 4 parts as well. Certainly not as difficult as Coil, though I would personally place it higher than the CT raids.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:56 pm

been playing radiant historia. gotten decently far, and i'm liking the story settup,and how it's actually keeping me guessing sometimes. not as much as Night of The Rabbit, but still a good deal.

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”