Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: Games you are playing

Postby noodles » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 am

I haven't tried it yet but I plan to. Haven't played enough games lately.

Theresia
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Theresia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:19 pm

I finished Dungeon Travelers 2, even though I should still complete the postgame content, but it's massive and I'm not in the mood to do it now.
It's not a bad game, but I think they could do a bit more regarding the dungeon design: I could summarize it as One-Way-Doors: The Game :lol:.
But it has an awesome feature: each pair - or group - of teleporter is coloured differently in the auto-map! It helps since teleporters are the second most common feature after the aforementioned one-way-doors.

I also finished Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, which is an interesting expansion over Blood Covered and has an interesting teaser Chapter for Blood Drive; I definitely have to get it, either physical or digital.

I tried The Deer God, which was on sales on EU PSN, but had to uninstall it because it was too glitchy and almost unplayable at the end. Too bad because it was a fun, atmospheric little game.

I'm currently playing Demon Gaze, it really shows it's the base for Stranger of Sword City, it even has almost the same mobs portrayed only with a different art style.
It's a bit simplistic regarding the gameplay and not very inspired design-wyse, but since I've already poured around 20 hours in the game I might as well finish it.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 am

Demon Gaze was nothing new, but the production-quality was higher than expected, and the mimic was neat. The sequel feels more cheaply made and inconsistent. But I think it has more actors, so it's probably more like a redistribution of funds.

Most japanese wizardries have a bunch of the same mobs. Experience basically uses either "sciencey enemies" or "D&Dy enemies".
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:30 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 am

I stopped playing Crystal Chronicles because I couldn't save any progress.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:29 pm

I finished Demon Gaze a week ago, and it revealed to be a better game than I first expected; from Grimodar Castle onward the dungeon design improves and becomes more interesting and the higher quality Artifacts allows a wider party composition, especially regarding the role of Samurai, which had been pretty useless in boss battle til the Castle.
The final boss was really fun after too, especially since I tried challenged it on Hot.
So, its second half was pretty good overall, making up for the more boring first part.

I finished also Sonic Rush, it was definitely weaker than the GBA and Mega Drive games, but at least it made interested in playing Sonic Rush Adventure to see if there's any improvement.
I wish they used 2D sprites instead of the 3D models for characters and bosses, though.

Now I'm playing Nayuta no Kiseki, which is a super fun ARPG, and have almost finished it, I'm loving the gameplay and the OST is the usual Falcom's work: AWESOME.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:59 am

Samurai has early access to Shura, though. It kills the weaker bosses pretty fast. Until things become harder to dodge, it's one of the strongest skills.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Sooo, I've started another dungeon crawler by Experience Inc, Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy.
I'm playing in Classic Mode, because paper-doll characters are awesome. My party is Monk/Assassin, Knight/Monk and Warrior/Samurai for the front row, Academic/priest for buffs, Wizard/academic for back row offensive and a pure Priest for healing, because not multi-classing fastens the character's growth.
The plot for now is pretty basic and I don't feel like I've lost anything by skipping Operation Abyss.
So far - killed the Elder Sahagin in the "sewers" under Aoi Shrine - it's been pretty easy, but I'm waiting for the difficulty spike. :)

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:51 am

How am I supposed to choose between Bucon and Marva?

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:21 pm

I don't know anything about the game but judging only on the aesthetics, I'd say Marva.
Regarding Operation Babel,I'm at the second visit of the Haunted Hospital and having a great time with the game! :mrgreen:
What I'm liking the most is the exploration, with some really interesting puzzles, like one where you have to get a numeric code from an enemy - you can read what enemies say by touching the frontal screen of Vita - and then use it to unlock a secret floor.
My only concern is that the crafting seems a bit limited, because from what I saw you can only craft items that you already own.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Well, there's Gamble Codes, but they're some nonsense.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:06 am

going through some shit so im playing borderlands 2 as mechromancer for mindless fun

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:00 am

Robot-buddy.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:36 am

hes ok, but anarchy+ricochet is where its at

spray a gun in any direction and everyone in the room dies

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:19 am

If you can keep going through shit for like 2 weeks until I graduate, I'd be super down for some broderlands.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”