Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

17600 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:11 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:59 pm

This is my short list of MMOs I've played:

Mabinogi - two days... HATED IT
something else my sister downloaded and I played that had sprites but I don't think it was Cave Story or Ragnaraok - ....HATED IT
Cabal - LOVED IT - play it whenever I've been able to for the last two years
Shin Megami Tensei - ... it could be fun if I wasn't playing Cabal all the time.... I have a character I'm trying to make into a Gunner with Neutral alignment....

I've not seen anyone on the forums mention a private server. I don't even know how it would be possible. :\ but I don't know enough about these sorts of games, as you said noodles

T-T God, I'm so fucking depressed. I hadn't played Cabal in a month and a half and last night I was going to log on to do some fighting with my main account. *sniffle* And then I see a link that reads like that. My heart fucking stopped. >_< WHY?! There were so many nice updates recently! Ugggg. I really really loved this game. I can't believe that they are just shutting it down like this. I'm so depressed I could fucking die right now.

[] - [] - [] - []

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:12 pm

I didn't get a chance to play Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei II for too long yesterday, but I managed to play long enough to reach the castle of Bael. Went to the armor shop and upgraded my stuff, and now I'm just mapping the place out.

Incidentally, I think someone is making a translation patch for Old Testament Megami Tensei, so I highly recommend checking it out when it's finished. It's a Super Famicom remake of the first two Megami Tensei games (which were originally developed by Namco for the Famicom). The first game is not that great, but the second one (which is what I'm playing now) is really awesome.

Oh, and someone else is doing a translation patch for the Playstation port of Devil Summoner Soul Hackers. That's probably the best MegaTen game ever made, so definitely check that out when it's done. The story is pretty goofy but the characters are great (especially Sakurai Masahiro).

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:24 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:03 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:29 pm

*sigh* Took some snapshots just in case this is the last time I see my characters.

(Damn... looks like the guild I was in kicked me out. Blah :P they were a small guild anyways. I could do much better. I TOLD them idiots I was going to be gone for a while. *sigh*)

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:16 pm

pucha
Ragelope

Postby pucha » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:09 pm

I wouldn't mind giving those games a try, Pucha, except they seem to be only for Windows, which I don't have.

I tried to play some more Phantasy Star Portable today. The second half of the first mission to be precise. The first time I died fighting the boss at the end, the second time just a few rooms in. Shouldn't it become easier with more XP? :?
I tried to set the camera to first-person btw, but it turned out that's only a temporary thing. You can't actually control your character while the camera is zoomed in like that. Seems I'll have to get used to switching between the D-pad and analog stick with the same thumb. Why couldn't they glue the camera and character to the same controls? It worked just fine in Doom & sequels.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:19 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:49 am

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:54 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:05 am

TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO GO IN STAR CONTROL II WITHOUT USING A GUIDE

last time I worried about this sort of thing, I ended up finding out from a group of aliens who I thought were totally unrelated to the problem.

It's a funny shame that most of the aliens in this game are in some way insane and very bad at answering questions.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFbmcbyQgxc[/youtube]
yeah fuck you too buddy

also I love this game omg why is it not super famous

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:43 am

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”