Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

17600 posts
Isabelyes
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Isabelyes » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 am

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Kimiko

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Finally acquired SoulSilver but have not had the chance to start it yet. I'm excited about the Pokewalker because I'm a [s]huge dork[/s] curious how it'll work out. Gimmicky, yes, but whatever.

Not sure if I'll go with the Grass or Fire pokemon. Grass starters are pretty traditional for me.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Still playing Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei II blahblahblah. Made my way through Bael's castle, defeated him, he turned into a frog. I didn't kill him in his frog form, but rather I took him with me for the super secret fusion later. So now I've met the first condition for the best ending, woo. Currently recruiting new fusion fodder in Makai, which is a really cool location. I love the music there.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:17 pm

@FFXIII
[spoiler]Hm, true, forgot there were Light Novels for it. Still, I stand by my "See: Vanille" for the majority of Fang's backstory as it pertains to FFXIII itself and not the novels. I'm interested in finding these novels though for the rest of the story, as it were; I like Vanille (and Fang) and was a little sad that it boiled down to them sharing a backstory without much about their history outside of "previous l'Cie tasked with destroying Cocoon." Then again, not like anyone else got a ton of backstory outside of what is "relevant" to the game so I suppose it's a moot issue if I'm fine with the others.

As for the ending song, yeah, I do agree that Fang x Vanille is a huge part of the game but I'd probably just say the ending. You're given far more with Serah and Snow (and Lightning) throughout the game to drive the plot. Fang and Vanille serve as the ending tying things up. Snow and Lightning after Serah does a lot more for the pre-ending game than anything Fang and Vanille related (despite being at the heart of all the troubles in the game); they're part of the force driving the game, but they're not the primary force. They're just key parts for the resolution.

As for My Hands for them, I was going to edit that back there but I figured no one read it anyway. It fits them a lot better than the song does anyone else in the game. But, the tone is still a damn break up song. It's still "getting back on my feet after you're gone" sort of thing. It makes more sense for Vanille pre-Fang showing back up since it fits her "cheery" atmosphere despite the separation but doesn't really fit as an Ending Theme in my opinion. Especially since, for Fang and Vanille, they're "together forever" as crystals there; the lyrics point more towards one of the two not being there.

Kimi ga iru kara, personally, fits a bit better for the majority of the game (Snow x Serah) and you can put Fang x Vanille in there for parts (pre- and post-ending). It just works both from Serah's perspective and Vanille's perspective so well.

All that said, Kimi ga iru kara is still a "after you're gone" kind of song but a more hopeful one; My Hands is more just "surviving a break up" as opposed to the "losing" from Kimi ga iru kara. The original song is just more of a "you're gone but I'm going to see you again" feel as opposed to "we broke up but I'm continuing my life" of My Hands.[/spoiler]

As for FFXIII Difficulty:
[spoiler]I wish I had spent the time to do the Marks in Chapter 11. Doing them now in Chapter 13 after some Platinum Ingot/Trap/CP farming has made nearly all of them easy. The "hardest" so far was Atticus (Mark 51) if only for the fact I couldn't stagger him so 9 million HP took forever to chip away with no fear of death. >> Missed the 5-star too which angers me. Oh well.

Just a few more to go in the "Circle of Doom" then the last mission I think. Then I need to 5-star all of them for the Trophy. Oh boy.[/spoiler]

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:56 pm

I was looking at a guide for Devil Survivor since I'm on the fifth day and there are people to save, and...

[spoiler]I realize that in order to save Keisuke, I need to give Kaido Mari's bag. Okay. Then I realize that in order to do that, I had to have activated an event on the 2nd day, which I didn't.

Guide dang it.

Oh, well. Keisuke deserves to die.

And at least I can save Mari. Although I did kill Kuplak in day 4, which probably wasn't the smartest of ideas.[/spoiler]

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:50 pm

More Phantasy Star Portable.

On my fourth attempt at story mission 1's second half I finally didn't die. Wahey! \o/

The free mission after that wasn't nearly as hard, and I S-ranked it on the first try. I cleared it several more times so I could buy some nice stuff from the shops I could now access.

I think I got the hang of this Ranger type now, because I didn't die at all on story mission 2. Vivienne (NPC partner) helped me out a few times though when monsters got close before I could kill them.

I'll have to be less conservative with the weapon upgrades so my guns can do more damage before they run out of PP. It sucks big time if your rifle suddenly stops firing right when a pack of monsters is coming at you. By the time you've used a recharge or switched weapons they've already knocked you around a few times (times like that I was grateful for Viv's help).

I also need to practice aiming in first-person view a little more. There were some birds that needed that, and it took me several seconds to shoot them down.

Anyways, it's fun to go shopping not only for weapons and armor, but also clothes. I picked up some nice new pants and shoes to go with the rest of my outfit. I've already decided that my next playthrough I will create a CAST (robotic) character so I can use the body parts shop :)
Kimiko

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:22 am

Erm, never mind...

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:40 am

hi sampson 8)

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:16 am

Hey, sugar.

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 am

Good points about the songs, Scy. As for the backstory, it's probably taste. I found the novel sufficient, but others might disagree ^^

Difficulty
[spoiler]
Yes. Without doing the missions in 11, some fights are really tough. I found some of the normal enemies in the final dungeon harder than Adamantoise farming (routine quickly), and I had to redo the boss+priest normal enemy pack more often than I needed for Long Gui, despite the ultima spammage!

I also only got 4 stars on the mission you mention, that guy took forever.

I'm only missing the last two trophies now (all weapons/accessoires and all missions 5 stars) and I think I'm calling it a day. I am not in the mood to kill another 100 xiao long guis for the dark matter and upgrade money -.-

Farming that much is a little boring.
[/spoiler]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:22 am

Man, there is nothing like the ridicule one gets for being over 20 and excited about pokemon.

Even the other nerds smirk at you.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:25 am

FFXIII
[spoiler]That's pretty much all I need to do as well; I had planned to have it done by the time I started Resonance of Fate but doesn't look like it'll happen.

I can probably get the 5-star Atticus this time (missed it by ~150 points) and I 5-starred the pretty easy Mission 64. Just a few simple Missions to 5-star that I got 3/4 when I did them during Chapter 11 for that trophy. Really just going to be the money/farming to get the Dark Matters for a few upgrades as I already have more than enough Traps.

Oh boy.

At least it's "Press X to win" for most the money farming I guess.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:33 am

[] - [] - [] - []

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”