Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Re: Games you are playing

Postby SirthOsiris » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Speaking of Kickstarters, Probably because it's something I wanted to see happen. Couple days left, though.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:54 am

I disagree. People are paying $15 to buy the game. Every person who buys it now does not buy it after release. People have the option to pay more if they want to. (I realize that this a foreign concept to you. I don't mean that as an insult, it's just something that has come up before.) If they do pay more, then they get cool bonuses.

The function of these kind of Kickstarters, though, is to cut down on... how do I phrase it... executive meddling? A lot of games don't get made not because they won't sell, but because the big wigs that decide whether it gets made don't believe it will sell. Wasteland 2, anyone? These kind of Kickstarts get around that by proving that there ARE enough people that will buy the game to make it financially justifiable.

Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Etrian Veteran » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:31 am

I don't agree either. Certainly they could make it without the Kickstarter, but tons of people are happy to help out and make what seems to be an already awesome game even better. I'm definitely backing it for higher than $15 and I'm sure plenty of people will too.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:52 am

It's a nice feeling to support a project you believe in before it's actually made. Especially once you get the finished product in your hands. It's like... "I helped this become a thing!" where otherwise it may not have for the reasons Reynard mentioned.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:16 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:06 am

I got Shantae for the 3DS this evening. 's hard. o_O

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:21 am

^Buy the Fighter's Gear for more attacks. The hair whip's range is pretty small in the first game, but I hear crouching and attacking increases it. It's still a good idea to get the Fighter's Gear for more options, though.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:33 am

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:36 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Kickstarter lets people complain in advance. It's great. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:26 pm

final fantasy xiii

the gameplay has some interesting ideas but the execution is terrible. bad conveyance all around, especially regarding things you can do with items that have no explanation until like halfway through the game. I'm still not sure how to reforge weapons, like a million years after i got materials for it

the story though..... at first i was confused and cringing. then i went into the datalog, and read the first couple entries that, you know, TOLD ME WHAT WAS HAPPENING. and what a fal'cie was versus a l'cie or cieth. and what pulse and cocoon were, things that werent explained in-game for a long time somehow. once i got ahold of the weird story details, i could focus on the characters, who started out silly, but started to actually develop pretty well? so far every character has been broken down and forced to redevelop in some way, and i love that. i started out thinking lightning and snow were both punks. honestly, at the onset, the only character i thought was realistic was Sazh. i eventually realized that lightning and snow were kind of intentionally flat. and eventually the game made a point of them being dumb punks, and then made them grow into something better. so it's not bad at all. definitely enough to keep me playing.

right now I got to Gran Pulse, so i'm finally past the Final Hallway 13 stretch (which kept the story moving but made it really hard to feel like i was a part of the world at all)

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:52 pm

^ The Lightning Returns-team are proud of Lightning's new jigglephysics. Goto recommends equipping a small shield to clear the view.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:06 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 am

I read that Metallica will lose part of her name in localisation.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:00 am

Shantae is currently at 200K/400K
Looks like she's a

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”