Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Re: Games you are playing

Postby SirthOsiris » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:00 am

Don't know, still thinking Dragon Age: Inquisition will be worth getting. Gonna check up on if my video card can run it. Hopefully that's the only thing needed to be upgraded.

Course, that might mean abandoning getting a PS4.

EDIT: Looks like I don't need to go too far out of my way to get one. Might go ahead and get it anyway. My current one at least meets minimum specs.

EDIT: General impression is flawed but if you put in the time, it's great. Pre-ordering now.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Flawed, indeed. I do think they moved the beginning a little too quick, at least not enough story telling. It feels like I just got dumped into the Inquisition without figuring out the conflict.

Hawke, the fuck did you do, man?

Also, Corporal Vale is apparently bugged and not on top of a sheer cliffed mountain.

Otherwise, since my expectations were low, I was quite surprised by the game. I might stick it out. It also runs more than playable, although I'm sure a new video card will help.

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:33 am

Playing tf2, and i still am terrible at it, but at least i can actually do something without being embarassingly bad 24/7
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:38 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:57 pm

i've found myself playing GW2 again... i havent given it any serious commitment for over a year, but the past 2 weeks, it keeps drawing me back, and i honestly dont know why..

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Apparently I have spent 50 hours on Dragon Age Inquisition since release. I don't even think my latest playthrough of Skyrim got to that in less than a week.

I think I can say it's good.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:32 am

So a host of professional CSGO players have had their licenses banned. I won't go into the how, but you can read about it if you want to know more. Long story short, they have used a hack that has long eluded VAC, or valve Anti-Cheat.

Some of the tools have similar mechanisms and counterparts across other products, such as Team Fortress, so I hope to see some of even just the average pubbers who are running these scripts get the boot now that the detection is being improved. Normally I try to be mannered and a good sport, but I really have zero tolerance to these disgraces of a gamer.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:38 am

I need some advice: so persona q was preordered from game stop to be shipped to my house. 3-5 shipping days it said (I don't recall that I could change this or whatever).

Today they sent me a message saying it was just shipped out and provided a tracking number. Totally kewl with this. Seems about right.

Except the tracking number doesn't work.

And I dunno if I should expect my game tomorrow or 3-5 business days from now. I don't care one way or the other - I would just like to know when to expect my game. :\ any words of wisdom here?

[] - [] - [] - []

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 pm

err, why not contact the shipper about the messed up tracking number?

kinda surprised to see a hack so widespread in the upper levels of a competitive scene. ESPECIALLY when the said hack does what it does.
cheating for money is bad, yo

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:57 pm

I got my Persona Q, super-duper cool edition! :D
I was freaking out though cause my family had to leave the house and I thought that it would get stolen while sitting on my porch (I trust most of you remember when my computer was stolen, so I'm not COMPLETELY crazy in being worried), but it came in just fine. All the stuff in the box is cool! I'm not gonna play the game until tomorrow morning, because today I have to beat Earthbound, and also I want to kind of get started early in the morning, cause it seems a bit more fitting, I suppose.

Also, now that we have a spin-off section of the forums, is there any chance Persona Q could be going there? I mean, if all the Etrian Odyssey games were still clumped together I wouldn't say that we should, but now it seems that it could fit in the spin-off section. I know that it's TECHNICALLY a Persona game, but I think it has enough Etrian Odyssey in it to warrant it's own sub-fourm...
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:36 pm

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:54 pm

I think a decent argument could be raised about this ^_^. Still, it would be an interesting discussion to see what others think.

I don't think so because while it has a "Q" in the name and plays similarly enough it's being pushed more as a Persona spin off than an EO spin off, unlike EOxMD which makes it VERY obvious.

Still I can see both sides. If a consensus was pulled and more people agreed that yes they would consider it a spin off I would place it up. Still I hear the game is supposed to be canon for the Persona games. I think the game pays homage to EO but it's just not an EO.

I do see the point though. It PLAYS more EO than Persona but the storyline and the cast is clearly Persona and it's being pushed as a Persona title.

[] - [] - [] - []

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”