Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Hong
Manticor

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Hong » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:30 am

End of the Line is finally here:

http://www.teamfortress.com/endoftheline/

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:22 am

I'm back to playing Wonderland Online again. Never before has mindless grinding felt so worthwhile!

Also, I'm planning on getting on getting Tales of the Abyss (3DS version, of course) and Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (For the DS, of course) with whatever amount of money I receive for Christmas (Hopefully SSBWiiU and Hyrule Warriors too, but those I'm not buying per-se more hoping that I'll receive them). I'm pretty confident in my choices, but either way can anyone whos played either of these games give me a general yea or nay?
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:42 am

Tales of the Abyss is nothing short of amazing in my mind.

It has its flaws, though. Laggy and the graphics are "meh". But the storyline and the characters are a whole lot of fun. (Jade-sama~)

The beginning is slow, though, but the later half of the game is definitely the best and exceedingly worth it... except for the desert scene. The lag really gets to you there. And the slow walking-pace.

The gameplay is definitely the best part, though.

I give it a B+ Not as great as Tales of Graces or Xillia but I've never regretted my purchase.

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:36 am

If you liked the first FFTA, you'll love the second. It pretty much improves on nearly every aspect of the first... except the plot. The plot is absolutely terrible, but the gameplay more than makes up for it. The game's difficulty is pretty low though, and doesn't really start peaking until the two big post-game areas. The Brightmoon Tor and the final quest for completing every other quest and the Brightmoon Tor.

Speaking of FF! So the new relic quest in FF14 is the Atma Grind only instead of FATEs... its dungeons. ... Why do I put myself through this torture?

Cottontofu
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cottontofu » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:05 am

Finally unlocked New Game + in SMT IV, and I have the feeling I overlooked many things...

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:07 pm

The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Fire Emblem 7. One of my least favourite entries in the series, but still a great game.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Yeah, FE7, Rekka no Ken, which was released international as just "Fire Emblem", is indeed the game just recently released on Wii U.

The GBA games are great. FE7 and FE8 in general are games that have great chapter design, something sorely lacking in Awakening. Fire Emblem is not supposed to be a game where the majority of maps consist if wide, open, desolate spaces, so you might have to get used to a more positioning-based experience than you had with Awakening.

FE8 is the best of the GBA games in my opinion, but it's harder to get so FE7 will do. I recommend it.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:01 am

Wow, i dunno what i did, but i got my first mom kill in the binding of isaac. I'm still utterly terrible though, so i don't know what i did. also, i have discovered one of my least favorite items in the game at this time: Ipecac. the reason behind that is the fact that my most recent run ended up failing because i couldn't hit some enemys with it.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:56 am

Wait really? So in order to progress at some point, I need to purchase dlc or grind my ass off somewhere?

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:59 am

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:16 am

Damn. Might need to start over SMT4 when I get back to it. Forgot how anything is done.

I somehow have 100 base magic, though. At level 36. Level 36 mage demon (Kikuri-hime) has 50.

I remember finally making my all over the place mage demon Kikuri, then stopping. Like, somehow making her was all I wanted to do. Or I lost direction and just didn't know what to do.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Well, so far, if there's one problem I have upon starting over, it's

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Until end game just to break the game not once did I ever feel that I needed over over-grind or need the quests or dlc - and I only did the dlc for the place with specific gamebreaking drops and that's easy to get... if you survive the battles. So I think you're doing something wrong somewhere garrett. (get better demons, yo! :) ) Definitely EO4 difficulty

[] - [] - [] - []

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”