Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Zypose » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Terraria. doing better than my brother, but he'll get better when he realizes he can jump and grapple at the same time. other than that, i made yet another dragon age file. made it to redcliffe so far, but i really do love this game.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Last night I was exploring the 4th sector in Strange Journey. What completely slipped my mind was that from the 4th sector onwards more powerful fiends start showing up through the Enemy Search function. One could guess that I encountered an ever so "fun" White Rider:

I was backtracking back up to 4F, but on my way, on the 3rd floor, right at the stairs was an Enemy Search point. I figure, great another potential hare... Only to find myself staring down at a White Rider. I kind of realize that it's rather crazy to attempt it this early, but figure: "Why not! If things were to go wrong I could always flee...". Hahaha, things went wrong and was luckily able to flee. However, due to the damage I was dishing out, it dawned on me that it might be possible to kill it.

So I get up to the next floor and immediately make my way to the save point, the room where you obtain the Visualizer forma. Sure enough, another Enemy Search point pops up in that room. I was that close to the save point that I just didn't want to risk another potential encounter with a White Rider and was already sitting on 3 guaranteed drops (worth 6,000 Macca each) from the hare. Decide to skip it, healed up and saved and was now ready to tackle that Enemy Search point... Another White Rider.

This time I was determined to kill the thing since it was right next to the save point and I could just reload and guarantee him being there. Thus starts the process of testing what works and doesn't work. By the third attempt it became apparent that his AI script can be exploited because it always went after my Wendigo (even back on the 3F) who could survive one hit. Eventually, he kills my Wendigo thanks to his party wide fear attack which caused my MC to miss a turn and thus preventing Wendigo from getting fully healed. He kills Wendigo on the next turn, but makes a grave mistake*. He is now solely targeting my Black Frost, which resists physical attacks. Due to this, he eventually dies and I go from 32 to 34.

I'm now able to make a Frost Ace because the MC is now level appropriate and can fuse a White Rider down the road.

*In the previous test runs, he would always go after the MC when Wendigo was killed off.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Defeat dragons, complete puzzles. Complete puzzles to get more dragons. Get more dragons to complete more puzzles. Drag on dragons to defeat puzzles. Puzzle puzzles to complete puzzles. Puzzle dragons to drag on puzzles.

So it has come to this.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:33 am

Made it to the final sector in Strange Journey, this run has been so much easier than I remember it being my first time through. Didn't use the NG+ feature either. Starting to get the urge to do a new playthrough of SMT4 after this game is done.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:06 am

I still wanna play an SMT game. I've been playing dragon age and pushmo recently, but dragon age has been taking more time from me. i just can't get over how precious most of my party is (except morrigan. i don't like her.)
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Currently playing Skyrim again. Started over with a new character, another Argonian because lizard people are radical. Doing pretty much only Desctruction magic as my offense, mixed with some archery. Pretty fun. Also managed to to kill a random dragon with just Firebolt and Healing.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 pm

I hooked my PS2 back up after disconnecting my Wii... ^_^ All just to play the Dark Cloud series again. Jumped right into 2. My god I love this game so much. I really REALLY wish they would make a 3 or at least re-release them on the PSN.

[] - [] - [] - []

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Ooo, Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle here in Europe) is so nice, I've never played the first one though (nor did I really beat this one). The soundtrack is probably one of my favorites, Balance Valley is probably one of my favorite tunes in general.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:14 am

The first one is more simpler and I like the town building a bit more, but it was definitely not refined. It had the feeling of an experiment - and DC2 balanced it out and completed it. <3 I agree, the soundtracks are awesome. The only song track I don't really care for is the one that plays in Palm Springs. There's something about it that at first sounds quite lovely, but the longer you listen it just begins to grate on the nerves.

[] - [] - [] - []

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Finished Strange Journey, am now going to move on to "SMT: DS2 - Record Breaker". Went to the other Best Buy in my town and found that they had a ton of copies of it and got them to price match Amazon for $10 off.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Been working on Portal sories: Mel and man... these puzzles are making me pull my hair off.. :D
I'm positively impressed by this game in so many ways, if you have portal 2 you can download this DLC for free. I'm currently at 14 hours in to gameplay(well, around 5 or 6 hours has been spent in to exploring and finding easter eggs and stuff).

I highly recommend it to anyone who liked portal 2 and specially if you are looking for challegning puzzles.

Mole-chan I....

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:50 am

Finished the story. Turns out the last boss is a summon 7 games absent, where it was notorious.
Massive Spoilers for FF14 Heavensward.

I repeat: HEAVENSWARD BEST EXPANSION.
Guild Wars 2 can go die in a fire.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:14 am

I found a cheap 3DS on Kijiji, and if it is as advertised I'm picking it up for my good buddy who loves gaming but is saving money for his social work degree. He bought me an expensive gift in the past that meant a lot to me, and now it's time to return the favor. It comes with one of the 3DS Pokemons, and if my tip-out from work next week is good enough, I'll hopefully get him Monster Hunter so we can play that together.

Monster Hunter is life.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:53 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:10 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”