Persona 4 Announced

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

365 posts
enigmaopoeia
Ragelope

Postby enigmaopoeia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Oh God, thanks for the image links, Akarshi!

Hurray for canon yaoi, been a while since Persona 2 Innocent Sin. Too bad I couldn't date Michel, just Jun. =/

Dark/Shadow Forms and Naoto Spoilers:
[spoiler]Now I'm ULTRA curious about the butch Marilyn Monroe.

As for Naoto, after reading : "On a side-note, all of the Japanese blogs and forum entries I have read about Naoto seem to believe he is actually a girl disguised as a guy. While it may sound unusual to westerners, it’s a common twist in Japan."

Not a spoiler for me because when I first saw Naoto, I thought of . So I expected as much from Naoto that she's like Wriggle where they look like pretty masculine females.[/spoiler]

Kuma Spoilers:
[spoiler]Just reading him go, "Yes, that's right." makes me laugh so hard. Oh God, I wonder if they would make him speak French or Spanish or whatever out of the blue. Since he seems to speak random English in the Japanese version.[/spoiler]

~ enigmaopoeia @

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:31 pm

*blinks* Is there a way to turn off voice acting? I don't think so and I doubt it as there is anime sequences. Actually, it's not so bad. it takes some getting use to, but when you are in the middle of battle, you actually WANT them talking - ESPECIALLY when you have gotten the enemy's new stats review and they pretty much yell at you which skill to use or not use. A lot goes on on the screen at the time.

And the game has some VERY VERY interesting music tracks :3 http://youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZLA5FX_v0 which takes some getting use to as well, but I think it just made the game that much more magical and I ended up hunting down certain tracks I wanted XD

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:34 pm

XD Well damn.

It's just my preference that my video game characters be seen and not heard. I mean, WTF would you do if Link started talking? And not "HYAA!" and "HRRYA!" like he does.

^_^ Thanks so much, Akarshi and Maxine. You've both been really great in explaining this so I feel I understand it. I have a hard time reading about new games online because they reference games I never played or define it using terms I don't know... that are then defined as being like XXXgame when I never played that game... -_-;

I have a hard time picking up new games because of this o_o;

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

enigmaopoeia
Ragelope

Postby enigmaopoeia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Other than the handy dandy mute button, I don't think there's a way to turn off voice acting in the game. Then again, Persona 3 has some pretty decent voice acting than most JRPGs I've played. Like my personal opinions -- some voices are perfect like Junpei's; while others need work like Shinji's; and others are just horrendous like Ken's.

There are some anime sequences in Persona 3, but maybe about a handful at most.

The soundtrack for Persona 3 is pretty modern with some Engrish rapping and mostly pop, rap, and r&b tunes. They do take a while to get used to. ^^;;

~ enigmaopoeia @

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:38 pm

<_< I WISH Link would start talking... both to have dialogue and to have a voice. I don't mind text-only games at all, but I really like it when the game gives off emotion and speech.

*Nods* yeah, it's hard for me to pick up games like that too based off of reviews. I spent half the time looking up the terms it uses rather than reading the review.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:39 pm

rap, R&b, hip-hop = fail!

Yeah, I know, I'm weird like that. I hated the talking on Oblivion, too. I can read faster than any VA can speak in a game, so its frustrating to have them distracting me with their chatter while I'm trying to read XD

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 pm

:\ I think Akarshi might give you the wrong impression of the music. I don't think it could be summed up that easily. ^_^ Well, get the game, play it, and form your own opinion as I think I might be acting slighly biased in this since I LOVED the VAs and the tracks.

Good news, though, it's only the sequences with the main party that is voiced. The social links are completely text-only which those make up about 75% of the game. Even when the party members are social links, they are not voiced.

That all aside, though, the game is just FUN!

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:46 pm

It looks fun!

AND it's only going to be $39.99 new ^_^

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:52 pm

CHOTTO MATTE!!

Where the hell are you looking at, Kino?? I'm HOPING it's the original game, in which case, pass it up.

Extra content and reworking of things! AND CHEAPER!!

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:14 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:20 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:37 pm

Oh! XD I'm sorry!

Yeah, no, I was talking about Persona 4. I dunno if I should bother with Persona 3 or not. The special edition's awfully tempting at that price...

Hmmmm... I think I'll see if any of either my store or gamestop has it cheap.

Akarshi
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Akarshi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:53 pm

Teclo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Teclo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:01 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:03 am

365 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”