Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

17600 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon May 03, 2010 3:39 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 03, 2010 4:25 am

[] - [] - [] - []

DaBass
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DaBass » Mon May 03, 2010 7:44 am

Speaking of Sony, I've been slowly making my way through Final Fantasy XIII. Despite all the controversy the game created I still think it's good but it's definitely not my favorite of the series. Also, I picked up Earthbound for the first time in a long time. I never realized how much that game references American culture.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 04, 2010 12:24 am

So, I went to Gamestop where I had bought my PSP to get so advice.

There's this manager there - he's a fucking asshole, but he knows his shit. He kinda reminds me of Scy to a certain degree except that I think Scy would give a shit more about the customers. Every time I talk to this guy he pisses me off in some way but, I can't deny it, he knows his shit so far from what I've seen.

I told him my problem and his immediate answer was:
Not enough room on the my memory disk. I can't remember his exact words but the way he explained it to me was that if you are playing a downloaded game, it uses the memory disk for processing space, so what was happening when I was playing, there wasn't enough memory space to run the game - thus the game and system crashed.

He pissed me off 'cause he was about to let me purchase a new card and just as I was pulling out my card I got the idea to double check and ask "so I can move my games, right?" "Nope." "...Not even my save files?" "Nope." >_< "Then I can redownload my games." "See, Sony has this policy about you needing to repurchase the game to be able to download it again."

I always wanted to throw the damn thing at him and be like "SO YOU WERE ABOUT TO LET ME BUY ANOTHER FUCKING MEMORY DISC TO CURE MY PROBLEM WHEN IT WOULD ONLY CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!"

*deep breathe* Whatever. I only have three games. Silent Hill, Class of Heroes, and Disgaea" the rest of my space is being taken up by some vids, mp3s, and demoes. I'm going to move the vids onto my comp, and delete the other shit. Hopefully this will be enough.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue May 04, 2010 12:33 am

And this is why I prefer physical copies of games. How unfortunate!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 04, 2010 12:38 am

<_< the UMD cost like $29.99 on Amazon.com

To download: $15.

What would you have done, Kino? Honestly. Sincerely. We both know your answer. It's the same answer I gave. You and me are just the same. If we can save $5 by buying a used game, we do it, have done it, will do it again.

So, what would you have done in this situation and the lack of information I had? Buy the UMD for $29.99? Or download it?

Now my answer is different. Memory sticks are $40.00.

Suddenly I feel like the situation cost me more money.

[] - [] - [] - []

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:53 am

Actually, I've always found buying used games is like playing Russian Roulette.

Sure, there's the chance it was just an unwanted gift, but there might be a hideous problem with it. Scratched disc that doesn't show up on cursory inspection or whatever. Because you can be sure as heck they don't really check your shit out when you trade it in. Heck, I even traded in a shrink-wrapped copy once, which is technically illegal (it might have been an empty box). LOL.

In any case, I only buy new these days. That way, if it's screwed up, I can get a refund.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 04, 2010 1:05 am

Yes, I've had my share of returns when one of the games I purchased ended up not working, but most of the time I've found it a far better value depending on the game. And I'm not afraid to ask the damn clerk to look at the product, and I will not buy a used game unless I can take it back if it doesn't work.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue May 04, 2010 1:31 am

Sorry, Maxine, but I would have bought the physical copy regardless of the price. Having a physical copy of a game is important to me. It's the same reason why I'm not interested in rom/emulators, at least not anymore.

The Wii virtual console, due to its low price points, is nice, but I only download games for which I already have a physical copy -- they're a playable copy, but not a substitute for the real thing. If you offered me a downloaded version of a game for $15 and a physical copy for $30, I'd go with the physical copy.

Call me a Luddite, but I dislike digital distribution.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Tue May 04, 2010 2:13 am

I have a similar problem. Whether it be roms or something like the Virtual Console, I can't get into a game if it's not on the original console. It just doesn't feel right.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 am

as long as I am paying for it, I am totally ok with having it :U

I will buy Majora's Mask on Virtual Console before I ever buy the original. The N64 titles got some graphical and performance upgrades on the Wii anyway.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 04, 2010 2:45 am

So, and I post this info for Kimiko just in case this might resolve her problem, too, it takes roughly about 500mb of free space for a game to run safely if it has been downloaded. You should not have this problem with UMDs.

I freed up 600mbs on mine - it's all I could free up. :(

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue May 04, 2010 2:57 am

You'll need a memory stick to get more games, though, correct?

Curse you, Sony, for using a memory system specific to your own products. SD memory is much cheaper in comparison. I bought a 16GB SD card for my camera and it was only like $40 I think, same price as the PSP memory which I'm positive isn't 16 GB worth.

DaBass
Ragelope

Postby DaBass » Tue May 04, 2010 4:11 am

Jeez. I'm actually kinda glad I didn't get a PSP now.... I generally prefer downloading over getting physical copies (less things that can lie around and cause problems) which would have led me to the same ordeal most likely.

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”