Persona 4 Announced

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

365 posts
Teclo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Teclo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:09 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:09 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Teclo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Teclo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:53 am

Hmm, I think I may have something new here. It's a series of portrait pictures ripped from the game. I'm not sure how to introduce the spoilers without giving away what they are so I'm just going to say: It's a page of 12 profile pictures of characters from the game, assume that any description of them would be a spoiler in itself other than for me to say "this stuff won't be seen at the start of the game, I wouldn't think", view this at your own risk:

[spoiler]

Bottom left is a Naota. Centre bottom is actually a boy.
[/spoiler]

Also, there's this screenshot which is apparently one of the gay relationship scenes. Apparently he's saying something like "OK, if you put it like that... I'll be the girl" but that's probably just someone on 4chan fantasising.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:06 am

Yeah, I posted those pics on one of my earlier posts. It appears that Yousuke is the uke. o-o The translation is accurate, by the way, from what I could deduce using my rudimentary Japanese. XD
Last edited by Akarshi on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 am

Teclo, nothing shows up when I click the spoiler tag?

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:10 am

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:53 am

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:21 am

A few Naoto pics.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Relating to an earlier spoiler:
[spoiler]I really hope it is a girl! None of the fan art necessarily reflects that - just because Naoto looks very feminine in some of them, it doesn't mean much given the nature of anime art.[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:32 am

Video of first P4 boss battle. Very nice boss music! However, there are spoilers since it includes some cutscenes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx3M9ddrlf8

Regular Battle Music (It's called RUSH) No more rap, they seem to be going for a pop rock theme?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwFapCq3vY

Naoto
[spoiler]Seeing how that official portrait rip of Naoto is VERY girly (the one with her in a towel covering her chest), I think he is definitely a reverse trap...I'd like seeing the reasons as to why she runs around in guy clothes.

Anywayz, it looks like Rise/Naoto is dead, unless yuri fans pick it up.[/spoiler]

Kanji's TV Show
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Pictures of Original and Evolved Persona (BIG IMAGE!)
From top to bottom: MC's Main Persona, Yousuke's Persona, Chie's Persona, Yukiko's Persona, Kanji's Persona, Rise's Persona, Kuma's Persona, Naoto's Persona)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:33 pm

New spoilerish Naoto pic:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Teclo
Bloodant

Postby Teclo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:52 pm

Hmm, either my PC is messing up or that Naoto pic uploaded wrong. It wasn't meant to stay small when you click on it... After a bit of messing around it seems the img tags aren't working. Here's a direct link:
http://img234.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _222lo.jpg

Damn, that's pretty annoying if there's no S-Link with Naoto, then again there wasn't an S-Link with all your party members in P3. Maybe the S-Link gets opened at a certain significant plot point and as such, Atlus are keeping quiet about it for now. Or is that just being desperately hopeful?

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Well, there are two unrevealed S.Links. One could be Naoto. It'd be weird not having a Naoto S.Link because you have an S.Link with all of your other party members, though...

Nice Naoto picture. =D

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:41 pm

Sorry for the double post, but an update on romantic relationships.

zblazer posted that around rank 9 (eh!? that late!?) you have the opportunity to either confess love to the character or say you don't love them.

He confessed to Yukiko at first, and then did a reload and said that he didn't love her, and she runs off, hiding her sadness. (!? I guess rank 10 is just a reaffirmation of their friendship, then...)

And, since you form a love relationship so late in the ranks, it COULD mean that you can date only one person in this game, due to a Famitsu scan that showed Ai's broken heart after a Rise confession, so there is likely to be no two-timing allowed.

Fan Theory of Multiple Endings
[spoiler]There is also speculation that the person you choose as a romantic partner would die, because of the multiple endings and the 'one lover only' thing. There is also 2ch speculation (translated by Penguin_Knight) that the so-called "multi-ending" system actually is linked up to the death of the teammates. They speculated that the real killer is actually one of the social links, and the teammate would have to die one by one in each ending for the real ending to come up. Of course, this is all speculation.[/spoiler]

AND! COULD BE SPOILER-Y! NAOTO'S TRUE GENDER REVEALED! (yes, it's just so special that I have to bold it and capitalize it...)
[spoiler]
I know I already posted this, but in this screenie, SHE is saying "dakedo... onna datte koto wa..." which translates to "But.. I can't really change the fact that I'm a girl..." I couldn't get the translation earlier.[/spoiler]

Social Link Battle Effects
[spoiler]Level 3: Special Skill; will occur randomly when a 1 More is done; varies between members
Level 5: Helps the MC stand up.
Level 6: Bad Status Recovery; Will heal the main character in some way when he is in bad status
Level 9: Endure; Will be able to continue fighting even when HP should hit 0
Level 10: Persona Evolution; Persona will evolve to its second form
[/spoiler]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:10 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

365 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”