Super Smash Bros.

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

738 posts
Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Super Smash Bros.

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:07 am

Let's be honest here, Mega doesnt have the strongest camp game, lol. (edit:at least, default moveset)

though i agree they should only rush in to exploit an opening.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:34 am

Any idea what it means when your character is bracketed by a dotted rectangle during online play?
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:24 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Actually I quite like this design (especially for Zelda's teleport). Just fear it was some sort of system indication that I was too "inactive" (as I didn't die during that match until then). Just tried in other game modes and it didn't work however...
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:38 pm

i doubt the reticle wouldve meant anything negative, snow, haha... or itd be constantly over peach

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Apparently they patched Peach players being randomly banned, as well as ZSS's infinite against Robin.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 pm

yeah i heard about that... i was just saying, lol.

so ive found 1 last thing about mega... if you can hit with his downsmash, it can kill ~80%. and the cool thing is it has just enough range to be effective for edge guarding... though its not as reliable in a non-edge guard scenario...

...after playing mega so much in the demo, ive started to dislike playing the other 4

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Another awful glitch:

Not only can you not throw the Gordo again for that stock... You can't throw Gordos again for the rest of the match.

Youch.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:59 pm

.....question is, how common is the glitch (to happen accidentally)? and can it be replicated? how easy is it to DO to completely nullify dedede's viability?

i mean the glitch is terrible for Dedede, but if it never happens, its shouldn't have a huge impact, at least for now...

i mean yeah, fix it and all... but yknow... if its REALLY IMPOSSIBLY RARE to ever happen, it cant be the WORST thing to need immediate fixing. unless its super exploitable... yknow.. like never being able to play peach. because turnips

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:56 am

Also this:

Notice her %.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 am

................fear the puff. BAN THE JIGGLES! NERF! OP!!!!

seriously though thats so much more common than it looks. and people still think jigglypuff is "meh" because of how she was in brawl...

comboing into rest? thats... terrifying

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:54 am

Hopefully she will be closer to what she was in Melee. Unless a character is truly broken (like a certain masked puffball), I always liked the philosophy of just bringing everyone else to par. Smash 4 will have a tier list, but I hope it's like Smash 64 where you don't really have bad characters.

Her bair has much more launch power, which is a buff and a nerf. A buff because it can kill you reasonably below 100%. A nerf because now she can't ride you to the end of the screen, especially with the little hit-stun in comparison to Melee.

Also, Sing is better than ever. Right now Sing + Rest at 30%+ or so is inescapable, but that might just be because we don't have control sticks right now.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:59 am

yeah, i know! im actually really happy with the roster. i havent heard anyone dispute that the game is the most balanced Smash has ever been and that the "weakest" of the cast (thus far) can still be totally viable. that makes me happy.

though we'll see how that ends up months down the road with tier lists and whatnot... but still... with what? 49 or 50 characters? thats something else

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:57 am

SO i keep hearing about some "leak" or "rumor" about the wiiu version having 4 new exclusive characters if you connect it with the 3ds version...
I CANT be the only one who can see how STUPID that is and how much it would KILL not only smash bros., but nintendo's reputation, and possibly even their continued relevance in the gaming world... :/

EDIT:not to say its an actual leak/rumor or anything.... to the best of my knowledge it isnt confirmed or even acknowledged by Nintendo or anything... i just mean taking it at face value at what it's actually claiming, true or not. it just sounds stupid to me and i think people are too gullible with everything on the internet..

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:39 am

oh, believe me, i think so too, but i just mean the idea at face value... i think its a bit too...popular?... for what theyre saying

i mean charging $100 ($40 for 3ds, and more than likely $60 for wiiu) for 4 characters? and thats assuming youve already bought into both systems...

the other part to the rumor is "Tower of Smash" (some sort of multi-floored tower gauntlet mode... thing. i forget the exact details floating around) which i wont say anything for or against, as thats more than likely just an idea for the exclusive wiiu feature, like Smash Run is the exclusive for 3ds

738 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”