The Dark Spire

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

SAL
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SAL » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:06 pm

You know, that's funny. I still find the mapping portion of EO to be one the best parts, second only to the more interesting to fight bosses.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:15 pm

I liked the mapping. But the main reason I like EO is the "feeling of discovery/exploration," (and the fun combat), so that's to be expected.

I liked the Dark Spire, but the gameplay gets terribly unbalanced toward the end of the game.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Don't get me wrong, I quite like the whole "map fills up as you go" kind of deal and the exploring and all that. I just hate the tedium of drawing the walls, painting tiles that don't get crossed, and so-on. Replaying the game for challenge files is a herculean task of sorts when I realize I have to redraw those damn maps again.

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:10 pm

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:10 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: The Dark Spire

Postby zamisk » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:50 pm

I bought this several months ago, and finally opened it up the other day. I don't like it as much as I thought I would... I think I'll put off playing it for another while, I still never finished EOIII or SMT-SJ. I'm a failure. ;__;

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:13 pm

It's not as good as those two games. It's a shame it suffers from such a lack of balance...

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:48 pm

I may just sell it on kijiji. (Canadian Craigslist that doesn't suck horse dick) I need money a lot more than I need another game to play...

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 pm

^ Mmm, horse dick.

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

85 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”