Shiren the Wanderer

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Shiren the Wanderer

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:51 am

So is anyone else getting this game week after next?

I'm toying with the idea of it. I've not been able to get into the DS game that much but this one sounds like not only does it have an easy mode but in normal it plays like Izuna in that you don't lose your levels (well... you revert back to the level you were before you entered the dungeon...).

Hearing that kinda got me a little more excited about it. I've tried to go through the DS game but every time something happens that's completely out of my control it's like "how am I suppose to beat this?!"

Even when I opened the cart that transports you to the other village instantly it's like, again, what's the point since I need the levels of the skipped dungeon to be ready to face the next set of challenges.

[] - [] - [] - []

AppleInject
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby AppleInject » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:11 pm

This is for the Wii, right?

I tried out the DS version and it was so ungodly dull next to Izuna (which I enjoyed), wouldn't bother trying it and playing that kind of game on a Wii just seems bizarre to me.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:37 pm

I didn't think it was so seriously dull and I'm trying to get into it again. I really think this game is going to be worthwhile since there are more characters that you can partner with.

^_^ Izuna definitely had its own flair, that I won't deny. Izuna and Izuna2 have my heart FOREVER. Still there is something about Shiren that attracts me to it, too, though I keep getting discouraged by the fact that I lose my levels. T-T

Well I've got a weapon in my storage that I plan on starting to build up every time I reach where I have it in storage. <_<; So, *sigh* here I go.... lol.

[] - [] - [] - []

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:13 pm

I really liked Izuna once I got the hang of things (the manual was completely useless), but I hated Izuna 2. Too flashy, too overboard. I was expecting more of the same goodness from the first game. ):

EDIT: Just for the record, I played Izuna for many many hours even though I think Izuna outside of dungeons is obnoxious and the dialogues hardly make sense. I'm not trying to be harsh on Izuna 2 or Shiren.

Shiren though... I didn't see anything really innovative or charming about it, and the level loss is such a stupid penalty to force on people. The least they could have done was make an easy mode without that handicap, you know? To give people an option of suffering less so they could focus on the story and get it over with. That's basic marketing if you ask me.
In any case, if it's something you want to enjoy then I hope you do that. If you really like partnering I would suggest playing the pokemon dungeon crawlers instead. Vastly cute, multiple teammates, special attacks, bright colors, available cheaply for GBA these days. No level loss. >_>

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Eh? Izuna 2 was more of the same goodness I think.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:09 pm

I just couldn't stand it. I hate being forced to talk to every single person in order to progress things and the dialogue sucked, but it was the excessive cinematics, mostly. ):

postmanmanman
Ragelope

Postby postmanmanman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 am

A bit late to the party posting here, but... anyways. I love roguelikes and the DS Shiren has always been the most faithful to true roguelike rules. I want to try the Wii version, but I'm not sure I can stand a roguelike that lets you keep your levels...! I'm rather surprised there's no way to turn that off.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 pm

I... wasn't as fond of this game as most others I have. I played a little bit, had fun, but then just cried bored when I got to the second village, turned the game off without saving accidently, and then just left it in my drawer of games, never to be touched again.

Yeah.

hotspot
Ragelope

Postby hotspot » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:14 am

I have this game, I haven't played it yet though. Because I can't get off my new laptop XD

Soham
Ragelope

Postby Soham » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:18 pm

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Video Games Discussion”