SMT-SJ: Into the Schwarzwelt!

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

202 posts
eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Well, angels and goddesses now in Maxines case. LOL.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:27 pm

Hm ... around the same point as Maxine. Also Law. Which is nice since I've have had Fortuna, Phoenix, and Virtue for so fucking long I now have to worry about replacing them when I can finally utilize them (well, just Fortuna needs replacement, I guess; Dis probably).

So far, game is /yawn difficulty barring ID randomly dropping me. Pretty sure I just auto-fought the last two bosses after awhile since they provided no threat. It'll probably pick up but so far the only nuisances have been the Scannable Enemies and even those are two-rounders; changing demons every like 3-4 levels pretty much keeps you well above relative enemy power.

[spoiler]Though like 99% of my deaths have been building Analyze on non-main Demons (by the 3s so I'm not grinding forever) for more Sources of "Will you for the love of god get a fucking Heal."

...so don't want to lose Fortuna and her Mediarama T.T[/spoiler]

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:56 pm

theo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby theo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 pm

caije
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby caije » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:22 pm

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:28 pm

The game actually forces your hand a bit, anyway, since the amount of XP required to level a demon you've had awhile is often considerably more than a freshly fused one of the same level. (i.e. a level 15 Lilim (with base LVL 8 ) takes about 200% the XP to level up as, say, a level 15 Leanan Sidhe (with base LVL 14)) :shock:

Its not as bad with this mechanic as Devil Survivor was; where you pretty much HAD to upgrade as much as possible (due to it being like +50% XP requirement PER LEVEL beyond the 1st Lvl Up :x) except when keeping useful racial abilities, but still...

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Final boss reached!

[spoiler]And not much else, sadly. I was checking a walkthrough just to see if she had anymore forms, and it looks like she has one, although it appears to be similar to be the first form except with a few extra attacks.

And now I need all three alignments covered by my demons! I'm one level away from getting Laksmi, so she's my Law demon (She'll be my healer/Luster Candy spammer), Heimdall seems like a good bet for Neutral (Mam Aleph is Neutral, so Judgment should be effective), and I have no idea for Chaos.

Oh, well. At least the second half of Sector H has awesome music.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 pm

LOL, I've actually done pretty ok with mediarama spells. I have fused a Daphne at the moment who is law and has it. So, I'm really not all that scared about what the future holds. I'm also not exactly the sort that keeps demons around for all that long. Towards the end with the bosses I will but that's because they are my final battle group, but, seriously, they don't earn more than maybe five levels when they are with me before I fuse them into another who's stronger. Come on, level 15 + level 15 = level 27 demon (for instance). Yeah... :3 that's a fuse! I think only my High Pixie has been kept around for a while without fusion. I like her. She hits twice. She's a keeper.

However, in all honesty, I'm beginning to wish that I had chosen Chaos side.

[spoiler]I don't fucking trust this holier-than-thou bastard Meta and the chic Le-whatever and a part of me really likes Jimenez. However, I don't jive with the destruction of the world and law seems to be going towards that goal, I hope. ^_^ Meh, maybe I should have stayed Neutral.

@Difficulty. I just don't have the time and patience to level up as much a I want so I'll try and rush things. All of my game overs have been easily avoidable accidents or just me taking on the last two bosses knowing that I wasn't really ready but just wanted to test what demons I should bring. Oh and if one of those bastards who use that pump-up move and then uses True Lobotomy one more time I'M GOING TO SEND THEM TO HELL!! :( That damn move has killed me twice now. Fucking pricks. T-T They scare me now. I have one in my party so all I have to do if things look scary is talk to them to make them go away. Though, ^_^; I've never once failed at running away so I don't know why I don't use that option far more than I do.

Oh and :3 I"m so psyched!! I'm like one level away from fusing together a Mitra!! I WANT I WANT I WANT!! >:[ THAT BASTARD IS GOING TO BE MY SLAVE! MWHAHAHAHA!![/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Maxine, concerning alignment (not a spoiler, though):

[spoiler]The Chaos route is the easiest route, I believe. Followed by Law, then Neutral.[/spoiler]

A slight spoiler, though not really:
[spoiler]None of the paths involve destroying the world. But what Law wants to do is...interesting.[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:57 pm

@Fusion, I know very well how the mechanic works (though passing skills in this game is a bit tighter than previous iterations as far as I can tell); I just have no available (better) Law options that will inherit Mediarama. Easier to just use a Source as they're trivial to obtain.

Only problem I have with Fortuna is that I have a better alternative (Dis) available so the upgrade is a no-brainer; I'll probably replace Phoenix since that's not really a Caster demon though I did Skill Morph a Debilitate which has pretty much guaranteed him awesomeness.

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:12 am

Yes, Chaos is easiest due to it avoiding a certain horrible sub-boss. Neutral is hardest due to it having both said sub-boss -and- another sub-boss.

As Sampson says, no paths involve destroying the world. You just have to think what invoking ultimate law or chaos upon the world do to it...

I don't think this is a spoiler. I've only finished the SNES SMT game and Devil Survivor, and I believe this based on those, so I'd imagine the same sorts of things would apply with regards to alignment in the world.
[spoiler]
Unreigned law would not destroy. Man is good at imposing Law upon the world, in fact. If there the law was perfect and absolute, there would be no need to stray, and all would be encompassed under it, for it is ultimate.

Similarly, would allowing unreigned chaos actually destroy everything? Never. Man is adaptable. Man does not fear Chaos, as it could not destroy him. It is society that fears Chaos, for change can be dangerous.[/spoiler]

There is no 'Good' end in a SMT game. Its a matter of perspective, really.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:24 am

:3 I now have a Daphne that has Mediarama and through a fusion that got me that pig-looking demon (P-something with chaos alignment) I then created a Phoenix through that which has also given me a Mediarama. <3

o_O I don't think passing skills is really all taht difficult. The key is to get the demon sources and then you're pretty free to stuff it into whatever demon you need. ^_^ Not just going for the first available fusion but trying again and again is another good strategy, but I'm sure you know about this technique, too.

<_< I dunno how the password system works or whatever, but if you ever need Scy, I could figure it out and give you a copy of one of my law demons that has Mediarama attached to it.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:57 am

theo
Bloodant

losing steam

Postby theo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:18 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:47 pm

202 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”