SMT-SJ: Into the Schwarzwelt!

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

202 posts
scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:53 pm

On Sector F now:
[spoiler]And another piss-poor easy boss. Agidyne everywhere made it pretty fast. Should've found a Fire-gun for the MC to squeeze out a turn three kill I guess but whatever. Low damage output (even pre-Luster) made it a non-issue. The first fight was "harder" than the second since the HP Regen scored him an additional turn.

Low-50 Demons are all pretty terrible though; Pallas Athena and Victor aren't bad, per se, but they're terrible Caster Demons. Oh well, Athena obtained with Mortal Jihad, Megido, Bufudyne, Chakra Walk, and Luster Candy is nice though I suppose. Throne is re-replacing Victor though; managed to Skill Morph Mediarama into Chakra Walk so his value went up (yay Double Down!). Kind of sad though since I managed to make him with Ziodyne, Garudyne, Megido, and 4x Nulls (Gun, Elec, Expel, Curse). Tao Tie could be useful if I can score 3x Nulls onto him to make up for his Elemental Weaknesses. Alraune has no value pre-Sources so I've skipped her as a viable alternative (plus her 32 Magic stat is a little lacking).

I have a plan for Ishtar already with 4x Ma-dynes and Chakra Walk so I'm aiming for 57 fast; but, the EXP has slowed down so I guess she'll be a Sector G creation.

Two of the four mid-bosses down and both were pretty trivial; Alice was annoying if only for me being anal and not letting the fight end with anyone dead after her Die For Me! hit. I can probably make a good Alice too but Neutral kind of makes me not give a damn about her for this playthrough. Oh well, I suppose. Might use her just to see if I can score a nice Source out of it.

Finally at the point of multiple -Dynes and utility being carried around (Chakra Walk, Luster Candy, Debilitate notably) so "perfect" Demons are easier to make, albeit time consuming on replacing some of the Sources. Thankfully, most get by with some low-30s Demons (Kuda [Ziodyne/Garudyne], Vouivre [Agidyne/Ziodyne, Maragion], Black Frost [Bufudyne/Agidyne, Heaven's Bow]) and some 40's for later (Scathach, Anzu, Throne all will pass 2x Dynes, Resists, and Utility).[/spoiler]

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:20 am

The Sector E boss was the only one I really had problems with. Mainly because I don't go all OCD over demon collected and just try to have all the bases covered in terms of elements, et cetera.

Every other boss from then on wasn't that hard.

[spoiler]Although Captain Jack was horribly designed, in my opinion. You either have to make a team filled with Repel Gun and hope he doesn't use Pure Blue, or hopefully charm him and just bash his head in.[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:31 am

Hm...
[spoiler]I found him easy as hell. Agidyne x 2 on his buddies and then kill him in two rounds. Even if he used Pure Blue (reloaded a few times since the fight leveled a Demon and I was anal about the Source / forgot to save afterwards and reloaded) the fight was pretty simple. He only has about 2000 HP and that's like 8-10 hits if you're of level.[/spoiler]

Done with Sector F as well:
[spoiler]She spammed Luster Candy to x3 ... and I don't run debuffing in my new set-up (or really any setup but more-so now that I can Double Down and Skill Morph them to something useful). Didn't have 4x Ziodyne either (3x!) or any mass Healing (Skill Morphed them away since ~400 HP demons find little aid in Mediarama and I don't have a Mediarahan to pass around) so this was actually the hardest boss fight so far.

...which isn't saying much, I suppose; ~6 turn kill. Most of it was set-up time on Luster Candy to overcome her own Luster Candy buffs. Figures I'd Skill Morph out my secondary LC (to Magarudyne, I think?) and end up needing it this fight.

I'm just now contemplating re-loading the fight since it was JUST enough EXP to level a Demon and I want to Skill Morph out Teraja for something useful and I want the Source to nab Megidola (it grabbed Garudyne which isn't that helpful really). Ugh, if I do that though, I'll need to reload a lot on a multi-turn boss fight OR grind out a level on all Demons so they don't level on the fight. I guess I'll just use the Source on a throw-away Fuse and get Megidola on a new Source creation. Oh boy.[/spoiler]

Anyway, most my Demons don't have all Elements covered. My current group managed to for the most part:

Haoma:
Dirahan, Tetraja (waiting Skill Morph), Luster Candy, Megidola, Heaven's Bow, Garudyne

Victor*:
Megido, Arrow Rain, Samarecarm (waiting Skill Morph), Ziodyne, Garudyne, Void Elec

Sarasvati:
Mabufudyne, Mamudoon (possible Skill Morph), Trisagion, Garula (T.T), Ziodyne, Void Fire (possible Skill Morph)

Normally, it's 2 or at the most 3 per Demon; I've finally reached the point of having Demons with an innate -Dyne, gaining a new -Dyne on the Fuse, and Sourcing in the others. That or Skill Morphs being nice (Samarecarm morphed to Trisagion on the Sarasvati, for example). My MC is still toting around the Bufudyne/Mazionga/Garudyne gun from Sector C for type coverage as well.

*Throne is normally there but after I pulled Trisagion from a Samarecarm earlier, I decided to level him to Morph that into something else anyway. Throne is strictly better as a Caster (stat-wise, anyway) and he sports Chakra Walk and 3 Dynes (Agi, Bufu, Magaru).

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 pm

Well, I don't play the game like you. And by that I mean I suck. And just throw a team together and make small changes to it for certain bosses.

caije
Fenrir

Postby caije » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:03 pm

I've really had to slow down on this game and others because of some personal projects that I am working on.

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Mon May 31, 2010 6:19 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:47 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:23 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Oh yeah I still have this to play

Lately I've been finishing games as often as noodles would

That is to say, never

-PLA

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:13 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Deeeemonzz

Also thanks

-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:58 am

Kinda wish you hadn't shared, that Scy, but it's not a big deal (not that you gave much away with that anyhow). Honestly, I was figuring

Lawful = you're screwed. Chaos = you're fucked. Neutral = screw you.

In short, every path would lead to a WORLD IS OVER. Only difference is how it ends. :3

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

...what bit? Lawful != Good / Chaos != Bad? That's D&D terminology that most people don't get (Tactics Ogre got a big deal of WTF at [hide]Massacring innocent civilians = Law[/hide] recently).

Everything = Bad is more of a basic storytelling critique of things using the Law/Chaos spectrum ... since it's almost always Law = Bad, Chaos = Bad, Good = Bad, Bad = Bad, You/Main Character = Probably Not So Bad When Not Being Bad But Otherwise Bad.

[spoiler]Though, for the record, SMT:SJ isn't a "everything = bad" story depending on your viewpoint. I was just pointing out that Law != "DEMONS ARE SATANIC AND WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS"

...to be fair, though, "Everything = Bad" is more for the shades of grey morality and the "PURE LAW IS TERRIBLE AND PURE CHAOS IS TERRIBLE" moral message.

And ponies.
[/spoiler]

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Really? I heard Tactics Ogre's decision was more of [spoiler]Lawful Evil/Neutral or Chaotic Good[/spoiler]. It's a bit odd that the SMT games usually more than often have the Neutral ending as the best ending, which is why the Fallout NV Independent is a nice take on that sort of thing.
When you're alone, always remember:

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:29 pm

202 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”