SMT-SJ: Into the Schwarzwelt!

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

202 posts
theo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

SMT-SJ: Into the Schwarzwelt!

Postby theo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 pm

I thought we could use a new and exciting Strange Journey thread now that it's out. The more I hear about it, the more rockin' it sounds, so I'm glad mine will arrive tomorrow. Although, as I mentioned in another thread, I might hold off until I get a DSi XL this weekend so I experience the grandeur with a bigger screen. (I'm old :cry: )

and on Jeremy Parish's Top 9 of 2009.

So, who else is pumped about it? How are things going if you already have it? How long before Maxine breaks down and gets it? :)

Well, I'm off to the grocery store. A Gamestop is right next door so I might go look at it on the shelf.

Isabelyes
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:45 am

I'm already 14.5 hours in.
It's way too epic.

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:49 am

Lol, double posting FTW!
I just finished reading Jeremy Parish's "review" about it.
I love this guy. He's got an awesome tate for videogames.

Maxine, Just go buy it. I'm serious.
You know that if it's even half the fun of EO, it'll be great.

Also, Theo, thanks fr making this thread.
I'm already looking forward to the point more people'll talk about it,
And I'll dominate this thread with my surpreme knowledge of this game.
...Well, i hope so... T-T

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:59 pm

I,ve actually been watching this game for quite a while it has a-lot of hype but i don't believe that it can be that good :3 maybe i am being biased, since i really know nothing of the game so Isa ^ can enlighten me

although to be honest i,ve played most of Persona and some of the Devil Summoner series and also SMT Devil Survivor all of which were top tier games. I have P4 on hold till i beat Pokemon HG <.<

Also i agree with Theo :3 MUST WAIT FOR DSI XL it will make anything look better and i get mine today ^.^
Many things about the kitsune is mercurial, from their moods to their treatment of humans, to even the abilities some possess. Kitsune have a depth of personality as deep or even deeper than those of other Japanese characters. The reason for this, according to one source, is that the kitsune is the Trickster, in Japanese culture. They are there to teach those around them lessons.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:53 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:14 pm

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Many things about the kitsune is mercurial, from their moods to their treatment of humans, to even the abilities some possess. Kitsune have a depth of personality as deep or even deeper than those of other Japanese characters. The reason for this, according to one source, is that the kitsune is the Trickster, in Japanese culture. They are there to teach those around them lessons.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:27 pm

The XL is glossy? Aw. One of the things I like about my DSi is that it is not glossy. I hate fingerprints everywhere on my DS and PSP.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:55 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Have my copy but Resonance of Fate, Sakura Wars, and 100%ing FFXIII (which should take like one more day max) will probably be higher priority.

Maybe.

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:50 pm

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:58 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 pm

not as bad as when I had a character named Miles Gloriosus

EDIT: and I had never heard of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Last edited by noodles on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:09 pm

You get two save slots, actually. It's awesome.

Your alignment is cemented after a certain event that occurs at the beginning of the last dungeon (you'll know it when you see it, it involves a branching conversation and your answers determine what your final alignment is.). If you are deep law then you can only end up as neutral or law, but not chaos. Chaos works the same way, but in the opposite direction. If you are neutral, moderately law, or moderately chaos, you can still end up with any of the three alignments.

If you want to see all endings in a single playthrough, your best bet is to stick to neutral, then save your game in the second slot just before that conversation branch. However, the game records which endings you've gotten by adding a small circle icons on the left side of your save file. If you got the neutral ending, you'll receive a white circle, law is blue, and chaos is red. So if you're after a perfect save, you have to beat the game three times at least.

In a new game plus, you can do a full playthrough in roughly ten or so hours, so getting credit for all three endings is not too bad.

202 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”