Pokemon General

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1771 posts
MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Re: Pokemon General

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Additional info:

Delta Storm cancels other weathers, including Primal Groudon's and Primal Kyogre's abilities. It also makes it so that a Flying Pokémon will take neutral damage from super-effective moves such as Icebeam, Thunderbolt and Rock Blast.
Dragon Ascent is supposedly to be the strongest Flying type move, and Sky Attack is 140. So yeah, 145 or possibly 150. Rumored to be a two-turn attack, and Rayquaza is the only one with it.

Also, a little lore to go with the Weather Trio:
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Oh. My. GOD!

Let me get the new Megas out of the way:

Mega Pidgeot keeps its typing of Flying/Normal and gains the ability No Guard.

Mega Beedrill (look at that neat design!) becomes Bug/Poison with the ability Adaptability.

Mega Latias and Mega Latios officially released.

But do you see those screenshots in the upper parts of the scans? Not only will we be swimming through Hoenn, we'll be fucking flying, not through the HM, but actually flying! We decide where we go! And that's where the next scan comes in:

Apparently ALL the non-event legendaries will be available by flying and on islands only available by flying on Latias/Latios which you'll do through a special item called the Eon Flute. Reference to the flute from Super Mario 3?

There'll also be an event to get the Eon ticket to get the other member of the Eon duo. Latias is in Alpha Sapphire and Latios is in Omega Ruby.

Hopefully I'll get the special demo I signed up for, if I do I'll try and keep this thread updated with info on that one as well.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:11 pm

- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:11 pm

160 power is fine, but chance to inflict poison is questionable. If mega Beedrill is remains as fragile as now, poison won't be much useful. However, I can't imagine that mega Beedrill has good endurability...
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:23 pm

I still believe that Poison Jab will be a key move for Mega Beedrill, especially since its best choice for a poison STAB (since its only other physical choice is Poison Sting and that should just not be on a competitive movepool), even though as you say, there's not much to cover since Poison isn't really that useful of a type. Super-effective on two types, resisted by four and one is immune to it. Bug ain't that much better either, strong against three (one already covered by Poison) and resisted by seven (though one of them is weak to poison).

The best bug move though...? Going solely on physical attacks, since that seems to be Beedrills thing, there's Bug Bite (120) Twineedle (50), Pin Missile (50), Fell Stinger (60), X-Scissor (160) and U-Turn (140). I'd say U-Turn's the best candidate, since you can use it to escape, which I think Mega Beedrill might have to do, since I do believe it will be frail. It's either that or Bug Bite quite frankly. It already was as a regular Beedrill, what with being an early bug pokemon, and it won't get too much better after Mega Evolving. It most likely will mostly be on teams where the user just loves Beedrill.

Obviously all of this is with the thought that people either don't make Beedrill a special attacker, which seems just dumb to me since its SpAtk is half of that of his Atk, or that Beedrill doesn't suddenly know new moves, like how Loppuny is now going to know of to do Hi Jump Kick to take advantage of Mega Loppuny's added Fighting typing.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:20 am

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Imagine the Def on this guy. Mega Steelix recieves Sand Force.

Edit: Did I also mention that Mega Glalie is a thing?

Also, video with info from the leaks.

Also, while not confirmed, a speculation video from TyranitarTube about Hoopa possibly being in ORAS rather than XY.

- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Mega Glalie gets Refrigerate as its ability btw. If it can go physically inclined, it'll be fantastic with Return... but if its special based it'll be a useless ability.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Yeah, though if we think of the design of Mega Glalie; those massive jaws, I think Mega Glalie will be physically inclined.

The official art for the two Megas:

A thing to point out, now all the E4 can have Megas. (Sidney: Sharpedo & Absol, Phoebe: Banette & Sableye, Glacia: Glalie, Drake: Altaria & Salamence and Steven: Metagross) Possible re-challenge add-on? I would not be surprised if Mega Glalie was made solely for Glacia to have a Mega.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Okay, so I got the code for the demo today and played it for a while. Basically, you get some simple stuff to do each time to start it up. I'm just gonna put everything I've experienced in a spoiler tag for those that want to experience it themselves (assuming you've got the demo):

- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:20 pm

Well I had to sign up on the official Swedish Nintendo page because signing up on the membership thingy isn't included in Sweden.

- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:53 pm

People who have played for 2 weeks have been given a Nugget quest, and some say they have gotten access to Steven's house, so there's definately something to play for a longer time. I've forgotten to play a couple of days, so I'm gonna try and make up for it.

Rayquaza's new signature move, Dragon Ascent, is basically a Flying-type Close Combat as it will lower Rayquaza's defenses each time it's used.

Also the Japanese channel just uploaded a heap of videos, comparing scenes from the original with ORAS. So here's a spoiler with possibly all of the videos:

Also, TyranitarTube have a video where he talks about the new Megas and Primals, their stats and how some have learned new moves.

Edit: Confirmed that access to Steven's house is a thing. Sitting on chairs and beds still a thing, his house had a line of stones from different regions on the right.

Also, underwater battles are confirmed! Scubadivers (name potentionally different) are a new class and will battle you.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:52 pm

SPAAAAAACE~
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:46 am

My credits screen in Alpha Sapphire is scarred for life since I used Linoone (My HM slave) to finally catch Kyogre and there's a blank slide which I assume is for the 2nd Archie fight. He never got to use Mega Sharpedo since he was determined not to let Muk get hit by Earthquake... and switched Sharpedo into it (Smart).

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1771 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”