Pokemon General

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1771 posts
MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Re: Pokemon General

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 pm

So there's a Pokemon Direct tomorrow and today apparently two new European trademarks were made called Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, with logos to boost.

A poketuber I watch also recently had a reaction video of a supposedly leaked list of pokemon, but be skeptical about it folks as it came from 4chan. The list seemed to tease at like a Dragon-type eeveeloution, a ghost thread pokemon (like a spindel of thread based on Japanese folklore) a trio all called the Time Pokemon (that he speculated was the sub-legendaries like the Musketeer Trio or Lake Trio) and what not, it did include Magearna and it was listed as Steel/Fairy.

Again, be skeptical about it all and hope we get some answers tomorrow.

Edit: Serebii just now said that NoA & NoE have registered various web domains for Sun&Moon.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:08 pm

Yep, pokemon-moon.com redirects to pokemon.com.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:10 pm

SUN & MOON F**KING CONFIRMED!

To add, they are releasing the 1st gen on the eshop and you can actually use the PokeBank to transfer from those titles to the upcoming S&M. Might get myself Yellow to relive the memories (even though it wasn't my first pokemon game).
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:50 pm

So I've consequently seen Pokemon Sun & Moon shortened to Pokemon SM... Given Nintendo's penchant for not wanting to invite unwanted attention; you would think they would have come up with something that wasn't so close to (hello my immature side). Because that's all I see now thanks to people constantly complaining about Nintendo's "censorship"... They should have gone with something like Sol and Luna.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:57 am

^ Close to BDSM? S&M already means sadomasochism. That's the joke.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:15 am

Then call it SuMo. Dosukoi!
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:43 am

April 15th is "major news" reveal in Corocoro magazine. I do hope they're not trimming stuff out from gen 6 like EVs and such since we'll be able to bank pokes from the eshop gen 1 games over to Sun and Moon.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:00 pm

BRAIXEN CONFIRMED FOR MAGICAL FOX!

...let me re-state, I got Pokken Tournament and Braixen is my main. They're pretty fun to play with. In general, the game is pretty fun so far, it's not too hard either which is nice for someone who's not too adapt with fighting games.

Keep in mind folks though, if you get the game, please, do NOT play with a GC controller, it's a mess. Use either the gamepad, Wii Classic (which I use) or Wii U Pro controller unless you have the one they use on the arcades. Also screw the joy stick, use only the d-pad, since you use that to make specific moves.

Sooo my first impression on each character are (along side how many battles I've had with them unless I've only tried them once):

I haven't unlocked Mewtwo yet, so that's why he's not on the list. Also, based on the character select, there's four supposedly open spots. Maybe future DLC? Only the hackers will tell.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:41 pm

^ Charizard's aerial mixups are said to be strong.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Tue May 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Huh... No one talking about the Sun & Moon update?

- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed May 11, 2016 3:09 pm

I'll probably go with the Owl as my starter. I'm not really digging, both, the fire cat and "not another" Seel. Wouldn't surprise me if they take the fire cat to Fire/Dark because we totally needed a Fire/Dark cat to combat the Fire/Dark dog... Here's to hoping they at least keep the DexNav feature and incorporate 16 directional movement over 8 in the previous 2 entries.

I think this is the first game (compared to the ones I've played), in which, I'm not feeling it for most of the starters. Or it could be general fatigue of we have to have grass, fire, and water starters.

Nesmontou
Ragelope

Postby Nesmontou » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:38 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 pm

Game Freak made another set of Ice-types slow and defensive. Maybe they actually don't remember the resistance-chart.

Exeggutor is cool, though. And Lati@s-taxi caught on.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:10 am

Ninetales might not be slow, but yeah, Sandslash supposedly even slower with a horrific typing is looking pretty bad.

Gamefreak really should've tried to make Sandslash another Mamoswine instead.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:57 am

*if you care about multiplayer

otherwise i think we're gonna see a ton of people with icetales and sandslush just on looks alone

I'm more sad that Litten's final evo is looking like another fighting type. Hopefully dark instead

1771 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”