Atlus name choices?

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Atlus name choices?

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:42 am

In the localized versions of both Etrian Odyssey and EOII, I'd like to know if anyone has an idea as to why they changed the names for some of the classes:

* Bard - Troubadour

* Paladin - Protector

* Swordsman - Landsnknecht

* Bushido - Ronin

Bard: What was wrong with calling it the Bard class? meh, not like it really matters. They play instruments, and that's all the class name needs to imply.

Paladin: I guess I can kinda see why they'd want to change it to protector, seeing as how defensive skills make up the majority of this class' skill tree, lol.

Swordsman: My only guess is that they didn't want to sound generic when it came to the basic warrior class >_> Although, the name Landsnknecht implies a historical background, in this case, German. Which is surprisingly similar to that of EOII's Der Freischütz, a gunner met in the second stratum who is explained to be an allusion to a character in a German folk tale. Who would've thunk it? XD

Bushido: Aren't Bushido and Ronin essentially the same thing?? so what's with the name change?

Curse Maker: It's easy to understand where Hexer came from XD

Atlus' the naming of stuff:
http://www.atlus.com/pd.php

food for thought, enjoy :D
Last edited by ZetaBladeX13 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:20 am

I can ride my bike with no handle bars

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:20 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:37 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:47 pm

matt
Fenrir

Postby matt » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:10 am

Pureauthor
Fenrir

Postby Pureauthor » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:43 pm

They needed to mention the fact that the new adventure took place in Lagaard, otherwise something's wrong when you buy Etrian Odyssey 2 and it takes place in a completely different place. And 'The Royal Grail of High Lagaard' just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Protectors are... well, it's descriptive. It fits. *shrugs*

Dan Smith
Bloodant

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 pm

"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:48 pm

bushido and ronin aren't the same thing

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Bushido means "way of the sword" and refers to the philosophy, art and code of the warrior and the sword.
And a Ronin, of course, is a masterless/rogue samurai.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Video Games Discussion”