KOF XIII

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

fauxsquared
Ogre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

KOF XIII

Postby fauxsquared » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:08 am

anyone else excited about this besides me? I am a sucker for fighters, and I cant wait to get my grubby hands on this.

Zeta look cute fillies.

Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: KOF XIII

Postby Etrian Veteran » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:24 am

Never played a KoF, so if I buy it, it's because of the pre-order bonus. Though I tend to enjoy fighters, so it's sounding pretty good.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:13 am

I've never been good at KoF. Still fun. :3
Haven't really paid any attention to what Ash Crimson is all about, other than "Oh hey, it's the red Kyo-variant."
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:17 pm

I have it on pre-order, I don't have much of a history with the franchise, but I really enjoyed 2002UM, too bad Vanessa and Whip aren't going to be in 13, though, they are so cool.

Getting the Xbox version, since a friend of mine who is into the series is getting that version.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 pm

I've had it on preorder for a while now.

And Ash Crimson <333

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:26 am

So, I've been hearing a lot about KoF, it seems fun, but what I'm concerned about when playing fighting games is the mechanics. So, what are they like? Is it a fast-paced mad combo fest like MvC? A medium pace strategy/counter game like street fighter? Or a shitty excuse for a fighting game with gore being the only redeeming quality, like mortal kombat? Anyways, I would like your guy's opinion, thanks.

also, what character would you suggest? If it helps, I play as either Sakura or Ibuki on street fighter 4.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Well, it's certainly rather mash-unfriendly unless you're Rugal Lolstein. Many gauges and meters; some fairly long combos; a fistful of roman cancel-like activities to spend your precious gauges and meters on; things of such nature.

Edit: And of course circa seventy tiers of special move conditions monitoring every round of combat additively.

Edit: As for characters, there's usually a couple of shoto-types for familiarity. Though I've found the grappler-types somewhat fun to use in KoF.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Just as long as Kula's in it I'm in for the ride :3 My stepdad bought me KoF XI recently and I was happy she was in it. My only problem is that, to me, the game has weird mechanics and I can barely do any of the moves she has. I need a lot of practice.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 pm

It has Kula, Yuri and Athena, so I'm set.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Anyone know if Old Iori is a pre-order bonus, bought DLC, or if we're getting it free? I know it's the second one for Japan.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:49 am

First and second, I thought. :\ Probably second in any case.

And it's always nice to see K' and Kula.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:01 pm

I've been a fan of KOF since the beginning, but after the train wreck that was KOF XII I'm a little wary about this. I will still get it, but they're going to have to re-earn my trust after what they did to my beloved Iori in XII.
Don't Die.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:00 pm

^ Would a '98 Iori help?

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 pm

because there is '98 Iori

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:36 am

Yes, that would help. The rest of the roster looks like a big improvement to XII as well. I'm still a little cautious, but now I'm getting a bit excited about this.
Don't Die.

17 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”