The Oculus Rift and Virtual Reality

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Ex-Lurker
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Oculus Rift and Virtual Reality

Postby Ex-Lurker » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:02 pm

I can't explain how excited I am for this so I'm not going to try. Now, call me a fan or hyping to early, but I think it's gonna add a whole new dimension to the way we play games.

What do you guys things? Yay, nay, or meh? Will you buy one? What if all your friends have one? Or what if all your friends don't have one?

And more importantly, what kinds of games are you excited to see on the Oculus Rift? Like, if you could have a perfect Oculus Rift game, what would it be?

I have tons of opinions on the thing but I really want to hear your thoughts.

P.S. As far as things we already have, in Hawken the rift places you neatly inside the cockpit of your customized mech as you duke it out with your enemies, and Team Fortress 2 for Rift is your first person shoot option, for now.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: The Oculus Rift and Virtual Reality

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm interested in it. I just don't think it's viable at all for serious/competitive gameplay.

But it looks like it may be a large step in the direction of immersion.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:18 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:43 am

first person dark souls

in a VR chamber with actual blades that kill you if you get hit

CareLevelZero
Ragelope

Postby CareLevelZero » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:59 am

All design, all the time.
@WorkAsDesigned

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:39 pm

MoukiWisey
Ragelope

Postby MoukiWisey » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:44 am

I think it's just a low chance of finding it at the regular spots, keep at it.
To be able to look stylish one must wear stylish clothes. I think I'll have to treat myself to a new soon.

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Video Games Discussion”