[WIP] Etrian Odyssey I Minecraft Adventure Map

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Vinci
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[WIP] Etrian Odyssey I Minecraft Adventure Map

Postby Vinci » Mon May 27, 2013 8:59 pm

About half a year ago I posted a topic in the discussion section asking about if people here play Minecraft along with a teaser of the 25th floor of the first game. Unfortunately I got sidetracked with schoolwork and have only recently gotten back to it (In no small part due to the announcement of the remake).

I have thus gone back to work on the project with a number of useful tools I didn't once have (comparators and command blocks are a godsend) and have decided to work from the top down. Thus far I have only made the entrance to the labyrinth and the first floor, but I hope to make good progress over the coming . . . well, probably months. None the less, though, I would love any and all feedback on my work so far, if at all possible. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sorry in advance if it is extremely laggy, there is a decent bit of redstone in the map along with some active command blocks. Do let me know though if its laggy for you though, I will try to see if I can adjust the map for lower specs.

Download:

And last but not least . . . . . . Never underestimate the Labyrinth!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: [WIP] Etrian Odyssey I Minecraft Adventure Map

Postby zamisk » Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 pm

That is fucking cool but I don't play

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Vinci
Ragelope

Postby Vinci » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:39 am

Thanks.

Anyway, the project is getting along at a decent pace. I've finished up with the second floor (its nothing special so I don't plan on uploading) as well as outlined the 3rd-5th floors. I'm still debating how I'm going to handle this project, my next test release probably won't be until the 5th floor is completed. Just have to decide if testing will be private from there on until full release as well as what I'll do when the map is completed. I'm considering making a completely original story for two reasons:

A. Copyright reasons. Who knows, maybe they'll see the map and call me out on it.
B. For those who played the original the story will be old news while for those who didn't it will be spoilers for the remake (then again that's depending on when I release this)

Also, the story itself was relatively non-existent in EO1 so I'd like to make something more involving. I might even set it up as a roleplay map, depends on how well I can master command blocks and adaptive storytelling.

Whelp, back to world building.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:39 am

Might have to give it a try.

Too bad the custom map size in Legend of Grimrock is a tad too small to re-create such a thing. Hopefully this will be remedied in the sequel.

Vinci
Ragelope

Postby Vinci » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Haha, well, it's been a while since I posted an update here. I got sidetracked over past two week due to two things. First, I got sidetracked reading Clannad. I love the story but its so long to get through it all, but i was able to finish Kotomi's and part of Fuuko's route. The other thing is that I recently got back to playing ranked in League of Legends. And . . . yeah, spent about the whole last week playing nothing but ranked and somehow reached Platinum yesterday. Anyway, I don't ever plan on dropping this and am seeing about making more progress this week. I have most of the 3rd floor done and plan on releasing a copy soon. (I need to renew my Mediafire account >.>)
Anyway, thanks if you bothered to read this!

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Video Games Discussion”