Nintendo 2DS

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
zamisk
ItL Moderator

Nintendo 2DS

Postby zamisk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:35 pm

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28 ... ounces-2ds

What are people's thoughts on this? If I was buying a 3DS now instead of at launch I'd get one. I never take my 3DS on the go or use the 3D effect and the price is hard to argue with. I got my 3DS for 250, so this seems a lot more reasonable. It's pretty bulky, but the WiiU proved that bulky can still be comfortable.

What do you guys think?

Edit: There's also a $50 price drop on WiiU's coming September 20th, so hold on if you're about to buy one.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Re: Nintendo 2DS

Postby CD-Man2021 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:13 pm

I thought it was cool at first, when I only caught a quick glimpse of it. I didn't mind how it looked, and the price is nice, but I also thought it would close like the other DSes did. Since I don't have a 3DS and am stingy about spending money it's a nice option to have. And since it launches in about two months I'll have time to think about whether or not to buy a 2DS or save up for a 3DSX or even a vanilla 3DS

I dunno, it mite b cool. But it would be better if it at least slid closed for easier portability instead of having a giant brick with you that won't fit in your pocket.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:26 pm

I forot to mention my favorite part, if you get a regular 3DS your hands cramp like crazy if you play anything for long. There's so much room for my meat paws to rest on the sides of the 2DS.

It would be better if it could slide, but I think they're assuming these are for kids who would be getting tablets instead, so the size isn't any less managable. Still, I would absolutely get one of these if I didn't have a 3DS (that I never play) but that might be based on what I know from already owning a 3DS. I might not have gotten one if I didn't already have gripes with my 3DS from owning one.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:41 pm

I use the 3D on everything all the time so I wouldn't get one if I was just starting out

but I see this as the superior option for people who don't care about 3D, considering the price. The only issue would be that it's harder to carry and the screens won't be protected as well.

I really thought it was a joke when I saw the picture....

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Seeing as I rarely uses the 3D on mine this would have been a plausible option seeing as I'm a cheapskate at most cases. The design ain't too shabby either imo.
Also, it might just be me (and my sister) but I hate the clicking noises all the DS' makes when you open them, heck our DS Lite lost a piece at the hinge due to it, so that could have been a different reason for me to get a 2DS had it existed at an earlier time.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:05 pm

I most certainly like the clam-shell design ever since the SP came out. So much easier to stow away without the need for protective cases. As for the rest of the package, the 3D is kind of nice for Awakening and the upcoming Link Between Worlds. This seems to be very much a marketing movement aimed towards less invested gamers, like something parents would get for their kids because they don't want to murder their wallet for Christmas. This is further supported by the fact they no longer have to append health warnings to the product and the age warning has been removed. . Also, it seems they lowered production costs by only having one screen.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:35 am

I like the idea of it, it's good for kids who aren't old enough for the 3D, as well as removing the risk of them breaking the hinge.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 am

As Hong said, ever since the SP with its closing capabilities... I could never do this. I hate the PSP for this.... OMG THE SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!! it has a smudge.

^ I'm that sort of person.

As for the 3D... I didn't care for it at first but after playing SMTIV with it on... that game would not be the same without that effect.

This.... this just looks awful. It looks like a leapfrog product or something.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:28 am

The Internet has responded more nicely than I had anticipated.Also, the ratings from the say it all.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:34 pm

I wonder how long will stay up...

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:38 pm

[ | | | | ]

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:33 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Video Games Discussion”