Into The Labyrinth, The Game!

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Into The Labyrinth, The Game!

Postby sponge7325 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:14 pm

I've had RPG Maker VX Ace for a while now, and I've been dying to really make something with it, but the most I've ever gotten is just a few tests. I'm working on the story for a original game which I'm really proud of, but it's not finished yet, and because I like it so much I don't want it to be the first game I make, I want to get a hang of making stuff on RPG Maker VX Ace first. So, therefore, I've decided to start a project that I've wanted to do for awhile now...

INTO THE LABYRINTH, THE GAME!!!

Anyways, before I get to carried away about talking about why I want to make the game, I'll just tell you several things about the game first:

Firstly, I want it to be as close to Etrian Odyssey as I can possibly make it, both story and gameplay-wise. I won't be able to add everything (First person view is out, combat system will have to be off by a bit, I'm not completely sure on how to implement FOEs, but at least I'll try...) but I'll definitely be able to add all the enemies from the normal EO games as enemies in this game n' stuff.

Secondly, this isn't exactly going to be any Final Fantasy here, I'm still new to making games. I'll try my very best to make this at least playable, though! I promise!

Thirdly, I want to try and make this an open-ended project, where everyone puts in their own suggestions or tries to work on what the story will be. I'll be the one doing all the actual game-making, but still, you guys can help as much as you want, it will DEFINITELY be appreciated. Like, a lot. Seriously.

Lastly, I'm going to leave the story to everyone to work out, the only thing I need is that we, the users of this forum, be the only (main) characters. There can be generic villagers and stuff, just all the plot-important people have to be users. (You can be a generic character too if you don't want to be important, I suppose, but who'd want that!?)

Anyways, yeah. I don't have much else to really say, because I just opened the thread and nobodies replied yet (I know that looks REALLY professional but srrsly). I wanna make this a group effort, so you! In front of the computer/phone/thing that uses internet! Reply! Post helpful suggestions on what you want the game to be like!

I know this thread looks really stupid right now but please bear with me, this will be something really great, I'm sure of it...
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Into The Labyrinth, The Game!

Postby zamisk » Thu May 22, 2014 8:19 pm

I am the most legendary of heroes. None shall surpass me in terms of how incredibly legendary I am. At least 70% of all legends concerning heroes should be about me.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sponge7325 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Micromeichi
Ragelope

Postby Micromeichi » Fri May 23, 2014 10:53 pm

I envy you. Going to have to try this software.

Consider me Micromeichi the Alchemist! Maybe Runemaster as my first game was Legend of the Titan....

Nah. Alchemist.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat May 24, 2014 12:08 am

I wouldn't mind my avatar being used as a mugshot.

As for class? I have no idea what class I'll be. Not a single one matches my avatar...

Hmm... probably Farmer.

Micromeichi
Ragelope

Postby Micromeichi » Sat May 24, 2014 12:23 am

1. I wouldn't use mine, as it's an anime character, but I do have a avatar that could be used that would be more suitable.

2. Going to try that out.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat May 24, 2014 10:24 am

I would be some kind of archer probably. No idea for an avatar atm. Just pick something cute ^_^
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Sun May 25, 2014 11:53 am

I just want to be a brand new inn keeper/shop keeper/guild master and is all incompetent in what I do.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sun May 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Yeah, sure. Any look will probably be some generic glasses guy with longish hair of some kind. Probably top-knot. Class would probably be medic. Think like the guy in the story remake of 1.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Wed May 28, 2014 4:21 am

This is actually a very interesting concept. I'll have to see how it goes (saddly i can't afford the software so i can't play it, but It sounds like a very good game you have in the making!)
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Fri May 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Fri May 30, 2014 11:59 pm

I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:59 pm

FrostBlade
Ragelope
Location: Aalborg, Denmark (i doubt anyone knows where THAT is.)

Postby FrostBlade » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:44 pm

this is a really cool concept and i love it. if i were a character i'd probably be a gunner. kinda sorta shy guy, forgotten by most people.
feel free to talk to the lonely man on skype, i don't bite. (i'm kinda always invisible, but almost always online.)

74 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”