Into The Labyrinth, The Game!

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Into The Labyrinth, The Game!

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:41 am

Okay, I finally got a bit of a draft of the story done.

I decided to go with the in-universe idea. Basically, Into the Labyrinth is a group of wannabe explorers who want to be like the heroes to explored the Yggdrasil labyrinths. However, the group truly has little to no experience actually fighting, and mostly just chat about their lives and such.
The New User basically just shows up out of nowhere, and after he officially joins (After being fooled into thinking that the group actually explores often), weird monster sightings start showing up in the nearby forest. The group, deciding that this could be their time to shine, gear up and go to investigate. Stuff would escalate from there, and eventually a sort of pseudo-Yggdrasil would show up. They'd explore it, along with other random places outside the labyrinth too.

Its a rough draft, as I said if anyone wants to give suggestions on how they would make the story or change what I wrote, do please speak your mind.

Also: While the New User is able to change his class to anything, us normal folk aren't able to change our classes. However, for us without unique classes, we have special skills that the New User can't use even if they change to the class that one of us has. For example, if the New User becomes an Alchemist, they would have all the normal skills an average Alchemist would have, but Micromechi would be somewhat superior in that she would have an Alchemist skill that the New User doesn't have, and could never possibly learn (Well, speaking in gameplay terms).

SUGGEST, PEOPLE, SUGGEST!

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:25 am

why not our own little imagining of pre-EO1? like the birth of the labyrinth?

disregard if there was something actually explained like that in eo/eo2 or something... im not exactly a lore guy... but EOU didnt really explain much...like at all

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:54 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 am

another angle that.... MIGHT be to your liking is something akin to how Star Ocean meshes the 2 sci-fi/medieval themes

futuristic tech man/people winds up in X incident (usually involving space wars) and ends up stranded in the past or some underdeveloped(medieval tyme) planet. i kinda personally prefer that to "ohnoes! im stuck in the interwebs! halp!"

just another trope to throw on the table. might be easier to implement a civilian type person into a plot... though WE'RE not exactly technologically advanced for that setup, i guess...

.... but its more believable(should you even WANT that) than "the computer sucked me in!" or "magic book portal closed behind me!" (looking at you, FF Tactics...)

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:20 am

Armoroads could work too since that story is pretty..... open about the past events

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Hey, head's up. I know a lot of people like the War Magus. Can I switch into a Troubadour Dancer or Princess class? Passive healing is fun and I knew Zamisk was interested in that class earlier. I am sorry for changing my mind out of the blue like this but I feel Troubadours fit my personality better. At least the original EO1 Troubadours. 8)

Also, I would like an Armoroad one as well as it was the first game I completed the main game of.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:27 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:09 am

Hmmm... Mine could be similar Wolkenritter's ability but with Frederica and/or Chloe?

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:09 pm

i dont even know where to begin with a signature ability... >.>

how does one follow up "The ballad of Frederica slaying"

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:17 pm

B-But I liked Frederica...

I don't plan on letting charicters from Untold join the team, so it wasn't gonna work anyways.
And yeh, you can be a Troubadour, I suppose. I was already working on the War Magus, but I suppose we can find somebody else to fill in that job.

*puts up War Magus Wanted sign up*

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:43 pm

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:39 pm

Great, we've got one already! :D

It might be nice to come up with a personality, so that I don't completely mess it up. The game will have SOME story, so charicters will require a little backstory. :P

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:43 pm

need a personality? i got one!

Charge. in. blindly.

Edit: OVERCONFIDENTLY. charge. in. blindly.

...someone has to be that idiot. i volunteer

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:51 pm

74 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”