Into The Labyrinth, The Game!

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Into The Labyrinth, The Game!

Postby Dangerus » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:44 pm

It'd be cool if my passive healing skill was something I learn early in the game. Troubadours, Dancers, and Princes are forever. Maybe I also get a weapon skill later on much akin to the Buccaneer/Hoplite. I miss Pincushion and Swashbuckling.

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:39 am

Ooh... we're doing special moves now? I'm fine with just being a War Magus, but I'd have like 1 request if we're doing special moves:

Give him a short-duration buff that grants the recipient access to a high-damage, somewhat expensive move. It'd give characters with crappier multipliers but cool utility (think EOII's Survivalists or EOIII's Princesses) access to a fairly solid source of damage, while also keeping Warmight useful for the usual high-damage attackers. It'd take up a buff slot and overwrite Warmight (and vice-versa to prevent stacking both multipliers together) but work with any other buffs provided by other classes.

Basically, satisfies the min/maxer in me (hopefully) without being overpowered or necessary. Literally useless in a high-damage party! Hopefully well-balanced right out the box!

So like, for example (using Lagaard because it's probably the worst balanced game):That's assuming you're not already making sure that the characters all feel roughly equal in terms of power. Which would be another request for me to make, I guess. In which case my "special" would be worthless and/or built-in. Let me think of another one...

----------------------------------------------------

If the attackers are already going to be fairly equal in terms of output, can I have a cut that lets my magus play as a viable attacker should the player choose to build it that way?

It could work like Charge from Drowned City in that you spend 1 round self-buffing to deal more damage on the next round.

That'd be nifty.

Also, a thought just occurred to me: will all classes be limited to a single portrait/character? Or will there be generic extras for subsequent characters of the same class?

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:42 am

Either way, ISO, I am glad you thought it through.

Micromeichi
Ragelope

Postby Micromeichi » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:21 pm

So, I was on tumblr today, and now there is a 3D dungeon creator on it now.

I assumed this would be of some use, for labyrinth creating and such

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:34 am

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:24 pm

If you're still considering using RPG Maker VX Ace, it's currently on midweek sales on Steam for 75% off. I've bought it myself for future use for 14,99 EUR.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Not too late to squeeze in as a Dark Hunter? Whip using dark hunter, archaeologist extraordinaire.

Binds should be easy to simulate in RPGMaker VXA. Have them seal specific skills as States. if you rather not compile a long list of Seal X Skill on a state, you could classify all skills into 3 categories 'Head', 'Arm', 'Leg' instead of 'Magic/Skills'. That way, you can have Binds Seal x Skill Type.

I'm curious about how you handle the 'Chaser' skills from EO1&2. Could never work that out myself.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 pm

Micromeichi
Ragelope

Postby Micromeichi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:34 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:24 am

Interesting. Sorry for reviving this to tell you my thoughts on it.

If only I had a PC. Sigh.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:13 pm

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:37 am

I still don't have it, unfortunately. Which stinks cause lately I've been really inspired to work on some of my RPG projects. I hope it goes on sale sometime at least this year. :l

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:05 am

Welp, it's been a long wait, to be sure, but finally, we have reacheived greatness...

Yes, the RPG Maker train is back, and newly refurbished! I now have things to do other than watch Youtube all day! Semi-productive things, even! Thank you to all you who cared! And only the largest, most greatest of bold AND italic THANK YOUs to MrTwinklehead and garrett1502, who both offered to re-purchase the game for me! Though it was I who, in the end, gave up the moneys, let it still be said that these two heroes shall be forever remembered as the GREATEST HEROES IN ALL OF THE WORLD! Other than Skyseek, of course, but still!

But indeed, before I may create, I must sleep!

SOON, THOUGH!

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:46 am

Great job. I hope this is not dead.

74 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”