Anyone Else play Tomodachi Life?

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Anyone Else play Tomodachi Life?

Postby Dangerus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:58 am

I'm asking this out of curiosity, and my boyfriend and I are playing as well.

There are a lot of gripes with it that I have, (no same-sex relationships, some incest pairings, some language butchering, not much control over characters, not that many hair or eye colors to build from) but at the same time, there are a lot of perks (you can make trans characters and cross-dressers happen, you can make them say whatever you want as long as it's Nintendo approved, a surprisingly accurate King of the Hill cast can be made with it, you learn a lot more about other cultures from it, the Miis are pretty adorable).

You can discuss any of these and more.

Right now, I am slowly putting in OCs I have. Otherwise, it's me, my brother, and my boyfriend on the island of Hugasme

I have planned to put these people in after all the OC pairings are set.:
- Peter Lorre
- Flithy Frank
- the Deadly Six (Sonic Lost World)
- Kamigami no Asobi Characters: Apollon Agana Belea, Hades Ainodeus, Dionysus Thyrsos, Loki Laevatein, and Anubis Ma'at
- My Candy Love characters: Ken and Dakota
- Three more people from Real Life I know.
- Yowamushi Pedal Characters - Sakamichi Onoda, Yusuke Makishima, Teshima Junta, Hajime Aoyagi, Naruko and Imaizumi
- Ace Attorney Characters - Athena Cykes, Simon Blackquill, Ron DeLite, Desiree DeLite, Maximillion Galactica, Regina Berry
- Etrian Odyssey Characters (My party from EO3-EO4 (EOU/2?), Seyfried, Logre, Wufan, Kibagami, Xiuan)

Since there is a limit of 100 characters to put in Tomodachi Life, I want to see what people come up with for who they have in their island.

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Anyone Else play Tomodachi Life?

Postby sponge7325 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Maaaaaan, I really want that game, but I've only played the demo. And I won't even be able to get it soon 'cause I'm not buying anything until I get my Persona Q...

Buuuut, if I DID have it, I'd probably just make some of my friends, then after I got bored of that I'd add random video game charicters or something. I don't like Mii's based of someone from another art-style though, cause most of the time it never looks like what it's supposed to look like and just looks plain silly.

Also, I really don't understand why everyone's going insane about this "no gay marriage" thing. I get that it'd make the game more 'realistic' but really, it's really a game for kids. And I'm not saying that kids shouldn't be shown this kind of stuff cause its 'weird', it's just that I'm pretty sure that there would be a lot of parents spazzing out about it, and Nintendo would be getting a lot more flack than they already are...
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:49 pm

I also have tomodachi life. i've been adding a few anime and game characters, but other than them it's me, my brother, my cousin, my aunt, and my mom. Couples so far: Me and Madoka Kaname (Married), Mokito (Slyfoxhound) and My cousin, Beat (Twewy) and my aunt, and Chrom (Fire emblem awakening) and Mako (Kill la kill)
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Neato.

And thanks for one explanation. I believe the reason why people like me are a bit miffed about no marriage is because while there are conservatives out there that play Tomodachi Life and/or have children that play Tomodachi Life, there are also liberals and people in the LGBTQIA community that also play the game or want to play the game and they feel that Nintendo doesn't reach out to them.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:19 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:51 pm

i thought the initial controversy was over a glitch/exploit in the japanese version... which if you ask me was a very immature reaction from the LGBT community (assuming that was the case, i havent really looked into it)
FE:A has a couple of weird quirks regarding pairings though

i wouldnt mind seeing more same-sex stuff in games (that wasnt just ham-fisted) but i find it a bit... pretensious that the community is lashing out because "the games not for them"

would it be cool? yeah
would it still be fun? maybe

iunno... i tend to look at what games do rather than what they COULD have done... and tamodachi life never interested me anyway... same-sex pairings or not (though i will comcede i thought it of all games could/would support said pairings)

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:53 am

this might be cutting some people more slack than they deserve but... on the other hand...

how easy do you really think it is.. to make a believable character when you yourself have no reference or anything to frame it on?
its not exactly as easy as taking Kratos and saying he likes men.

i'd love to see the industry move on from having "women" or "gay" or "mass market demographic cash cow appeal" be a template to slap a character onto and call it good.

like... not even to have a game SUPPORTING LGB beliefs or anything. just having a CHARACTER is nice enough in its own right

.............now that i think about it... i now want to see a CoD campain centered around an entire squad being gay. and actual people. wont ever happen. but that would be fun. even if its done horribly

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:25 pm

There shouldn't be a problem adding homosexuals though, just create a neat character and then just add it as a trait, sexuality should not decide wheter a character should exist or not. The same involves when creating characters of a certain gender or races. So much media adds in a girl or a black person for the sake of "we're not sexist/racist and here's the character to show it" and the character ends up being forced. Just create a personality and then slap on an appearance and you're gold. As long as the character is well-made, their appearance (or in the case of this conversation, sexuality) should not matter.
Besides, this game is supposed to be a simulator of life with friends. There should have at least been an option to enable homosexual relationships.
At least Nintendo said it would be available in future entries. In the meantime, if you really want two people to match up, just make one of them the opposite gender, I've seen it being done.

...I don't have it, but I feel like I would just be a giant narcissist and add in a bunch of different versions of me. Male counterpart, child, from a different race and different self-inserts from different series I've made long time ago.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:21 am

Lol thank you for getting on topic again.

I did indeed make my same-sex relationships in my game into different-sex relationships. Problem is, my lesbian couple both wear skirts more often than not. I had to wait to level 'the man' up to 20 to give her the dresses that would fit her. I am just happy making my transwoman character was easier than deciding who is who in the relationship. Speaking of which...

I have noticed most of my 'straight' pairings are harder to hook up than my non-straight pairings. I saw walkthroughs on how to make the right pairings but I've noticed birthdays and birthdates have been the true controllers of the relationships. I think that's more unfair than the whole LGBT thing, especially considering I've written back stories of my OCs on why they are OTPs. Still, I should have taken that compatability tester for granted as right now one of my supposed 'not compatible couples' are married and raising a kid on their own.

Speaking of which, is it just me or do you find Tomodachi Life to be a crack pairing generator? I am asking because my boyfriend got Leeron Littner from Gurren Lagann married to Nitori from Touhou Project.

@MrTwinklehead - That would be an interesting island to visit... At least you don't think upon adding non-human characters into your universe. Just look at Vinesauce's Let's Play of it... Or any Let's Play of it for that matter. I am not one to talk seeing I am making the Deadly Six in Tomodachi Life as well as werewolves and demons and fairies, but... Have you seen people trying to add Scooby Doo?
Last edited by Dangerus on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:25 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:34 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:07 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:30 am

Neat!

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:16 pm

So I bought Tomodachi Life after I played the demo last night and as I said, all the residents are different versions of myself. There's me-me, opposite-gender-me, old-internet-persona-me, whenever-I-don't-have-a-good-in-MMO-me, two Pokémon self-inserts, one who's my X character, and one that is a gym leader (their good buddies lol) and the two Etrian Odyssey girls I've named after myself, the female red head Landsknecht from EO1&2 and the red head female Runemaster from EO4.

Me and my internet persona seems to get along.

Also, male-self and Runie became a couple I think and they got into a fight or something along those lines. So Runie set herself on fire.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

20 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”