Persona Q

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Persona Q

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:47 am

*squeee* I got my copy in the mail today. I'm not sure I like how much they condensed the mapping icons, but then there are things that I like such as the shortcut button automatically updating on its own and weird things like that.

<3 Looking forward to playing. How's things going with everyone else.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: Persona Q

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Day 1 DLC is hardly an Atlus thing. However considering how their business runs off of pre-orders (well, use to a lot more in the past than it does now these days, I think) I can hardly blame them. Actually I don't mind getting it. I usually don't care about DLC. SMTIV was the only game I ever purchased DLC for and that was just to (bluntly put) break the game.

I hate the "official" names so this was nothing disappointing to me.

@soundtrack: o_O Yeah, even my CD actually had a smudge on it along with "dust". Wasn't really dust to me, looked like flecks of cardboard. Really weird but a little bit of a tissue treatment cleaned it up.
@cards: (cards came with standard editions, too, garrett, so if that's the main reason you got the premium, seems a little silly) :\ I'll admit that I was disappointed with the cards, too. I was expecting "cards". I agree. They're simply cardboard cutouts with jagged edges. This is probably the most negative I will actually get with things so far. I'm very sorely disappointed with them. Damn, I could have created something like this on my computer.
However, my god the 3DS case is sexy as hell (my poor 3DS just slides around in it, though, lol) and I love the artbook and the soundtrack <3

@game content:
I put mine on normal and I'm actually thinking of jumping up the difficulty a little. The SP is in short supply so far, but most enemies are easily taken out with weapons anyhow, but then again this is EO-norm. I expect things to heat up on floor 2. My only gripe so far is that I don't understand how All-Out Attack is triggered. I've knocked down all shadows but it's not triggered but then I've just hit a weak point on one but didn't knock it down like unlike the others and it triggered.

I LOVE the art so far. ^_^ It's very different from the whole forest-theme. Very creepy atmosphere. Like Alice on Acid sort thing.

So far the characters are not annoying but based on how much I differ with everyone and their opinions for EO Untold I seem to have a high tolerance for this or something. XD The game DID save me from accidentally entering without a Goho-M... ... I dunno. I know there's a lot of complaints "omg handholding" on this but ummm..... For stupid people like me who are playing in front of a tv most of the time or doing something and multi tasking on my 3DS not so very well I think I'm going to appreciate that gesture. You'd think as a veteran EO player I'd have learned something as basic as that. But seriously... T-T thanks for the warning, why did I have to be warned at all?

The icons... o_o THEY UPDATE WITH THE ACTIONS! I was impressed with the shortcut icon but the treasure chest icon, TOO!! O_O .... So I wonder what happens when I get a game over. Does it keep the map and remark those chests as "not gotten"? That would be SO AWESOME rather than me having to keep track myself.

Also: finally I am going to be rewarded for stepping on EVERY SINGLE SPACE rather than just marking it in. It was annoying to learn this at the end of floor one but fortunately it was only a couple spots I had to go back to fix. At the same time... if there's floor spots that hurt you.... this could get annoying....

So far I'm very impressed with the game overall. <3

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:19 am

Yeah so in my experience so far it seems the Boost/Follow up is somewhat randomish, but it does trigger 3+ members as you stated. However I've had all three boosted at the end of the turn and it's not triggered. I'm still analyzing it, though. The manual itself even suggests that it's kinda random. I think it says loosely that "the more people that are boosted the more of a chance there is" or something to that effect.

My team so far is FR: MC, Akihiko, Shinjiro BR: Yukari, Zen/Ren

I'm thinking of replacing Shinjiro, but I'm waiting for the P4 cast. Fusions just opened up so I'm looking forward to that. <3 I love the sub system for the Support.

[] - [] - [] - []

Lilac
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lilac » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:02 am

Mine got shipped off on Thursday so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow or Tuesday for me. Explanations are that All Out attacks and Support attacks are triggered randomly but the more people who have Boost status, the more likely it is of occurring.

At least from what I remembered of maybe 2 months of waiting for updates.

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:13 am

Hopefully it will get here on Monday, was a bit sad that none of the stores near my place had PQ in stock on Friday.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:37 am

[] - [] - [] - []

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sponge7325 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Gah, why y'all gotta be complainin' 'bout DLC when i's free?
I'm currently at the second floor of the third stratum. I've never played a Persona game previously, but I'm REALLY liking this game. It's not the Etrian Odyssey game that I wanted, per-se, but that doesn't make it any WORSE. I like how with sub-persona, if you only take a little damage in a battle, it doesn't count, so you can go into the next battle with mostly all your health and SP back. The story is fun, and the stratums look REALLY good. My personal favorite so far is the third one (or at least the first part, I haven't seen how it changes in appearance yet), now I know why they put those "do not put on babies heads" stickers on bags. The current team I'm running is:

Makoto (Magic damage, mostly) - Junpei (Physical linking damage, and stuff) - Shinjiro (BREAK EVERYTHING)
Aigis (Hitting multiple rows, some protecting) - Ken (Status effects, minor healing, and killing stuff in one hit with Hamoan)

I was planning on putting in P4 characters, but I really grew attached to my team so decided to stick with it. Even then, I can substitute any if I need too, cause QUESTS GIVE EVERYONE EXP OMG.
But yeah, love the game. Sub-persona are amazing things. Shinjiro is amazing, and Junpei is truly da man. That is all.

EDIT: Also, Group Date Cafe Dungeon. Not my favorite appearance-wise, but man it was an experience to remember. I even liked the boss, too, even though seeing as I'm a Christian I should probably have found it kinda offensive, but still, vows and that voice just made it amazing. Fuuka x Makoto forever.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, the Wild Card pre-order stuff: Art book is prettyful, CD isn't anything I haven't heard before but still cool to own, I like the cards a lot too, and I don't plan on using the case but it still looks really cool too. So yeah, cool all around.

I REALLY HAVE TROUBLE MAKING UP MY MIND: I haven't come across any icons adapting or anything, is this an automap feature or something? DON'T TAUNT ME INTO CHANGE ME TO AUTOMAP, PLEASE NO NO MORE AHHHHGHHHHHHHH
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:24 am

@official names: he was Souji Seta way before there was a Yu Narukami

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:34 pm

I ordered this in, but apparently Amazon didn't like my order and it never went through? Or maybe I clicked away too soon, but whatever. I work at a department store, and got it yesturday, with a coupon and my 10% discount. $80 collectors edition for $60? Hell yes, please!

I like it a lot so far. I knew it'd be verbose going in- I mean, Persona is popular for its story, is it not? And after playing P3P a bit, I figured the talking would transfer over. I do prefer the EO art-style though :D.
I love the pallette idea with more than three-four different colors. EO should take that, and I'm with Maxine on the automatically switching icons- that's awesome! But I'm also a little torn on how condensed it all is on that side-bar. I'd like at least some of the icons to not be pushed into a menu, so I can place and go.
Also wish they would have included some form of skill points, but ah well. The change of pace from natural environments to manufactured/creepier ones has me stoked. And it sounds like they got the original voice actors from P3P (at least, though I'd assume from P4/P4G as well) which is also nice.
Is there a way to turn off that semi-auto-mapping? I don't think I'm a huge fan of that, overall :\. I like having to work for it, and it encourages me to step on every tile anyway.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Yes, it's in the menu. Auto-wall or something like that. I'll have to wait to get home to check which one it is, but its' pretty obviously named. Yeah, i hated it. It messed with the "exploration" part. I don't like being told there's a wall behind me. Let met turn and find out for myself.

[] - [] - [] - []

Dr. Joe
Ragelope

Postby Dr. Joe » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:20 pm

I was interested in this since I got my DS last month (I had never heard of Persona until then). I love the art style, but have realized I should probably put this off until I know more about the characters and the gameplay.

And then I discovered EO IV, so I know the game will be fun. But probably still far off in the future. Yet I have the itch to go out and grab the special edition that comes with the booklet and CD... :o

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:39 am

While I love the specialty offers I dunno if they would mean so much to a person that knows so little about the characters. :\ I dunno. The soundtrack would be the only plus I could think of that you might find fascinating enough. But, yeah, if you have any questions about the storyline and gameplay of any of the games I've played all of them, feel free to ask. I don't mind offering massive spoilers for anything. I've just not done P4's postgame content but youtube videos should easily handle that.

[] - [] - [] - []

Dr. Joe
Ragelope

Postby Dr. Joe » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:13 am

I think the big part about it is that I'm just a sucker for nice packaging. :) I felt I had my desire satiated and would wait until the future to buy Persona Q—if at all—but then I stopped by my local game shop and saw the special edition just sitting there and I started drooling. Ey, it's only twenty dollars more...

But yeah, I'm currently watching Persona 4 the Animation and liking it quite a bit. I think that oughta be enough to give me some primer before I ever play Q. At least for the P4 side of things.

I think part of it is also I really don't want to emulate these games or find a used PS2 or Vita to play them, as I bought my 3DS to have something to play that wouldn't tie me down, and since I'm not really that dedicated a gamer anyway (I started Metroid Prime like two years ago and have left it sit for a while, despite loving it, and I recently emulated Silent Hill 2 and then suddenly went a week without playing it and haven't looked back after that).

In other words, if I played them in order, I'd get to Q in like ten years. :lol:

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:10 pm

It doesn't seem like it's spoiling anything so far from P3 (the only one I've spent any time with), other than character quirks, which is alright by me.
Rei and Zen are new and exclusive to this game only, right. I love those two <3. Even if Rei makes me a little (by a little, I mean a lot) suspicious whenever anyone asks her a question.

Thanks, I'll be glad to turn that semi auto-mapping off here pretty quick >:(.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade your persona storage? Having only 14 is starting to get to me after the first dungeon.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:24 pm

^ everything in the above post +1. that includes the question. :)

[] - [] - [] - []

75 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”