Persona Q

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Lilac
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Persona Q

Postby Lilac » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:59 pm

You had only 12 in the original games, why are you complaining about 14 not being enough?! OTL

WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:33 pm

I said I spent SOME time in P3. I never said I spent a LOT of time in it xD.
I highly prefer Etrian to Persona, in any case. So that's a "no" on the more persona storage D':?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:43 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Lilac
Ragelope

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:19 am

Well yes, you can never have enough slots for Personas but that's because memory constraints require it. I would also like more too but you need to work with what you have. I also enjoy both games so uwah!

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:01 am

I honestly don't see how memory constraints would cut into added persona.
Of course, I didn't develop the game(s), and I know all the variations of persona get their own moves by leveling. But wouldn't the moves already be coded into the game, and therefore, until their used, the names, descriptions, and stats would be the only thing used until a battle takes place, in which only 6-7 are in use and levelling up anyway. Less if you even give your nav girl one, and minus another if you have Zen/Rei in your party?

I dunno, but that seems most logical to me.
Either way, more slots would be awesome, but I'm not saying it's killing me that that's all there is. Its just irksome.

Lilac
Ragelope

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:45 am

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:22 pm

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Welp, was getting Christmas presents with my store bonus, so I decided to get myself something. Got this.

Now to decide, Persona 3 or Persona 4?

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:49 pm

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:25 am

I'll probably only play it once, then, but I think I'll go P3 as well, since the P4 protag's got something of a character.

Lilac
Ragelope

Postby Lilac » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:45 am

I'm choosing to go through Persona 4's side first because I prefer Persona 3 in almost every way and I want to savour that the next time I play this game.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:38 am

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:58 am

Wow, guys. I was just referring to the idea the P3 protagonist still felt like that 'blank slate' kind of character. P4's nowadays is Yu Narukami in name and character, because I've seen, heard or played things where he's had a set personality rather than whatever you input.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:04 pm

Floor 3 has 'invisibile' FOEs. No, not really FOEs, but dear God those beetles hurt, and I'm on normal. Everyone's 5-7 with whatever is the best equipment I've unlocked, too.

Yeah, he's just one of those rare random encounters that keep you on your toes, like the chained lions from floor 2.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:52 pm

No less damage than they did in P3. Actually I felt it those beetles were being nice to me compared to their system counterpart.

I had vicious flashbacks when it appeared one scream.

*gulp* ... don't hurt me...

Personally, I am about the up the difficulty on the game, though. I'm on Normal and it's umm... well, it's not easy, but it's definitely not the challenge I crave from a EO or SMT game.

[] - [] - [] - []

75 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”