Itl Monster Hunting

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

183 posts
Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Itl Monster Hunting

Postby Sigma » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:03 pm

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Well, I got to HR7 with a fine group. Now I've unlocked the last 4 quests in 'low rank' (which involve high rank monsters). These are: Teostra, Rajang, Akantor and Kushala Daora.

I'm considering what special equipment I could get for these. Teostra and Rajang are weakest to ice, while Akantor and Daora are mostly thunder/dragon. Daora is interesting because poison makes him easier.
Actually a majority of them seem to have a weakness to poison except Akantor. May end up taking on Kushala with my trusty Nerscylla glaive until I get 2 Elder Dragon Bones, then do Teostra and Rajang. Will have to figure out Akantor later.

Also deciding if I want to get the Shagaru armor as I'm finishing high rank. With a Gore helm, can easily get sharpness+1. Probably will do this and take it to Dalamdur and Ukanlos. Ukanlos does ice damage and my blade armor is Zinogre. Dala does true damage.

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:18 am

Beat up my first Zinogre today (solo).

The catching bugs off it's back thing is kinda weird and oddly amusing???
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:25 am

After making it to HR2 (woohoo!) i've decided to advance more in the caravan quests. I really like the Lagombi (mainly because i go crazy around anything that is even related to or looks like a rabbit)
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:38 am

Lagombi was the monster from the MH3U demo (which got me into the series), so I have found memories. Plus the armor is very nice for a gunner. :3c

Anyone want to go catch Rathians? I want to make a dragun.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:55 am

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:58 am

I did play the MH3U demo, so thge lagombi was my first monster i've ever taken down too. it seems to show still, as i took it down in about 7 and a half minutes. I've also taken it down 3 times, cause i want that darn armor.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:22 am

OK, so, I put my plan into motion after a plate and 3 gems off Shagaru, and... I ended up using only the plate by mixing in my Zinogre gear when I noticed the leggings had Handicraft. So now I got Latent Power+1, Sharpness+1, and Evasion+1, and at least its not bad to color coordinate it. If Frenzy was a problem, I'd just switch out the talisman for one with Frenzy Resist.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Well, i've gotten the full set of lagombi armor, and i've cleared all the key quests of the levels i'm on, so i have to take down Gore Magala. I'm gonna kill that thing.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:21 pm

You too? I haven't managed to get a good group together for it yet. =|

Want to try in, say, 10-ish hours? I know a Dual Blade user that I think will be free to join us.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:32 pm

So it has come to this. The last 'low rank' quest.

Probably going to wait a bit.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:41 pm

I was under the impression that the last LR quest(s) involved HR monsters.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Welp, i beat Gore magala single player on my first try. got my self the cool IG from it too.

EDIT: Just beat the Gore magala in multiplayer too.

183 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”