Itl Monster Hunting

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

183 posts
Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Itl Monster Hunting

Postby Zypose » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:20 pm

I decided to make this topic for people to talk about the series without cluttering up the other topics. Well , have at it! and if this text is boring, well, this is my second topic creation, so i'm still new at this (don't kill me)
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Re: Itl Monster Hunting

Postby GhostsandDragons » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 pm

I ended up beating Gore on my second try.

(I'm bad at dodging so I had some close calls at really unsafe health levels.)

Afterwards I went online and did some Gore tail grinding to get the RAD switch axe and/or rad armor set until someone suggested we do the Dah'ren Mohran quest in which I made an even stronger weapon and found an Earth Dragongem on my first try!

(I don't actually know if that's cool at all but the way someone who was clearly grinding for it was complaining about not getting one makes me feel like it was at least kinda cool.)
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:03 am

Hey guys, weird question. (Weird enough that you might not know the answer.) So recoil down skills don't apply to ammo being rapid fired. Does the silencer get applied?

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 am

So i was doing an expedition and they decided to throw a yian kut ku at me, and 2 KETCHA WATCHA'S. needless to say i only beat the yian kut ku. i've got a few more missions to beat in the gathering hall 1 star missions, mainly the delivery and gathering missions, along with capture the katcha watcha.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 am

Oh, and if any of you guys have any ideas for edits on the opening message, i'd like to request them. mine is really bad.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:47 am

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:51 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:54 am

As far as Caravan goes, it's pretty clear which the required quests are. As far as Guild quests go, I'm pretty sure it's always hunting (or capturing) big monsters. So you don't have to transport eggs. =|

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:04 am

To add on to what Fluffernuff and Reynard said:

A lot of key quests will be hinted at by either the Caravaner, villager chief, or Guildmarm (the lady you accept quests from.)

If the chef or wycoon guy ask for any quests those are also high priority as they usually improve cooking ingredients and farm stuff for more stat boosts when you eat and more various items to multiply if you don't want to grind for basic items like honey or bugs or whatever you may need!
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:09 am

Caravan quests seem extremely easier than guild quests, so i think i can handle most caravan quests. gathering hall quests though, the monster that's giving me problems is the tetsucabra and capturing a Gypceros. i checked, and those are the only key quests i got left in HR 1 anyway.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:22 am

Caravan quests are pretty much single player, built for 1 person. Guild hall are for 2-4, and are basically the online quests.
Problem is the game integrates offline and online, so to unlock some high rank caravan quests (like say, high rank Gore Magala), you'll have to bump your hunting rank at the hall. In reverse, late G-rank quests involve Apex monsters, who you pretty much can't do damage to unless you have wystones, which are only unlocked at the end of high rank caravan.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:25 am

well i feel i could just open up a gathering hall for anyone who wants to help me take down the tetsu or capture the gypceros. It'd be fun playing with you guys sometime, if you guys were interested.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:20 am

I can take down Tetsucabra like a boss. (My partner and I just helped an HR1 IG take one down.) Gypceros is also a bit less annoying after I explode his crest off.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:33 am

Okay, so i took down the tetsucabra, But now it's the the gypceros keeping me from HR 2. Mainly, i'm worried about killing the darn thing. seince it's always charging around, i can't tell when it's weak enough to capture.

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:29 pm

I could have said so, but I'd be up for hunting stuff. I need to get back into MH, I've kinda... fallen out. I've fallen so far back it's not even fun, I'm still HR3.

I'm gonna try to be on the IRC, so either hit me up there or send me a PM or whatever if y'all wanna play.
If you die in the Labyrinth do you die in real life?
[]

183 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”