Itl Monster Hunting

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

183 posts
Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Itl Monster Hunting

Postby Sigma » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:09 am

If they were not doing anything about the rampant powersavers, they are not going to do anything to people doing an actual legitimately translated intended quest. However, the question would then become did the host actually visit Universal Studios in Japan to acquire it or did they use a proxy (as of now, this is most likely the case). The other Japanese DLC quests people are actually exploiting, ones I refuse to do, are littered with question marks for text and can hand out Kanji-based tickets.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 am

I just found out how to do something very cool (and probably pointless) with switch axes.

Forward+X -> R -> X -> R is a really cool looking infinite combo. You can hold forward though the whole thing. This combo understandably moves you forward quite a bit as you use it.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:42 am

Just purged 73 Talismans. It had to happen eventually, one and a half inventory pages of them was starting to get out of hand.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:29 am

Think I need to take a break.

Or just stay as far away from the Blos family as I possibly can.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:56 am

Part of me really wants to say White Monoblos is worse than Apex Diablos...

Got my first decent Excavated weapon tonight:
Charge Blade - Impact Phial
1,116 Attack, 470 Fire
+5 Defense
+6 Avarice
Natural purple sharpness

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:08 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:25 am

I beat Shagaru Magala in caravan....

For some reason, I have a ton of trouble fighting the Rathalos, even with fire resistant stuff and a bug lance to jump up to where he is flying...it regularly kicks my ass. I feel like all the other "endgame" (maybe more like end-ish game?) bosses like zinogre, seltas queen, daimyo hermitaur, even shagaru itself are really easy compared to the regular ass fuckin Rathalos. The same thing goes for the Khezu. For some reason the Khezu just seems super aggressive and manages to stun me and wear my health bar down without giving me a chance to heal, even with thunder resist...

The fuck is up with the Khezu anyway, like in general? I never played much of the pre mh3 games so I'd never fought it. I thought my game bugged when no music started. I just sort of saw it wandering around the snowy mountain area of the frozen seaway, just this big weird fleshy shape, it clearly saw me but no music started, which was immediately unsettling, just like something was OFF about the whole thing. it stretched its head out to bite me, and as i hit it, it wasnt like a monster's armor breaking, its skin just got more gross and cut up...everything about it is strange and unsettling. It's like a silent hill enemy

EDIT: also, when it flies, it never stretches its body out and glides like...anything else that flies in the game. it flaps and lets its entire lower body just dangle, as it flies high up in the sky. the fuck, man. even that is creepy

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:42 am

Khezu doesn't have music because technically it hasn't seen you; it doesn't have eyes.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:53 am

yeah i get that now, it's kind of hilarious, or would be if it wasnt so unnerving

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:31 am

I never even noticed that it didn't have music. >_> But why does Gore Magala have music, then?

Being unnerving is kind of its thing, though. It's a leach-wyvern. Still not as gross as fucking gigginox, though. I would get super itchy mid fight against that. And while typing this. =|

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:05 am

gore magala does have eyes, they are just shielded

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:36 pm

Relic from MH1 where, because Khezu doesn't see you, he doesn't have music. It's mostly his special trait, based on him only knowing where you are by smell. Gigginox has heat-vision, and Gore Magala has similar with his frenzy dust. So, technically, they can see you.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Gore Magala also has heat-vision. The brighter it is glowing, the more sensitive.

I have wondered if any of these monsters with alternate senses are messed up by like cool drinks and stuff. I tried with Gore Magala and didn't notice a difference.
Last edited by Reynard-Miri on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:34 pm

i havent tried myself but i always keep hearing that Felyne bombs mess with Gore. i havent tested myself to confirm or deny... but i hear it go around every once and a while.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:38 am

Acquired another semi-decent relic weapon:

Insect Glaive - Power-type Kinsect (can be upgraded to EE)
961 Attack, 350 Thunder Attack
3 Slots
Defense +5
Sharpness needs S+1 for moderate amount of White

I don't know if this would really replace my Kirin IG, but it is nice weapon to switch into from time to time.

Edit: So after testing around with this new IG, while I love the graphic of it (Sect Happa), it's kind of horrible in terms of reach. It feels like I'm using Dual Blades instead of an IG. I don't think I will be using it much in 136+ Guild Quests sadly.

Edit 2: The game just gave me the proverbial middle finger... Acquired the following talisman: --- +4 Edge Lore, +6 Normal Up. Seriously, a gunner skill on a blademaster only skill, but on the positive side I finally got an Edge Lore charm. :cry:

183 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”