Itl Monster Hunting

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

183 posts
PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Itl Monster Hunting

Postby PLA » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:41 pm

SnS has been strong for a long time. People usually assume that it's not on gut-feeling.

It's one of the better options for elemental and status. The best one for bombs and traps, without any obvious challenger.

And now it has Bow-like coatings and huge KO-values.

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Medley♪
Ragelope

Postby Medley♪ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:44 pm

people just diss it cuz it isn't flashy and stuff tbh. it's not big, it's not cool, it has the lowest raw, it doesn't have any big spectacular lightshow attacks, so it's obviously a weak useless weapon right
It's ambiguous, really

Discord: Medley♪#2459

WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:31 am

>: Dat Amaterasu (Okami) kitty outfit tho HNNG. So excite. I need to go get my HR up to get that set and finally try the prowler mode. I haven't even touched it yet. Anyone else like that mode much?

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:24 pm

I haven't really gotten into Prowlers even with completing all the Prowler quests outside of the Event ones. I think my main problem with Prowlers is that their melee combos don't feel as fluid as they could be. Then there is the boomerang builds and while they are nice, I would love to be able to, you know, aim the boomerang vertically like the AI can. I'm still leveling and recruiting various Prowlers as I can though.

Generations has quickly become my favorite Monster Hunter entry. I've now branched into using: Bow, DB, GL, IG, LBG*, LS, SA, and SnS. At some point will probably attempt to learn Hammer and branch into HBG. At the same time, it feels weird that my Zenny situation has finally started to stabilize with it now going past 600k.

If there is one complaint I would definitely lobby at the Devs is the item inventory box space is not enough at 14 pages. This is even taking into account of the all Deviant tickets that I'm starting to amass.

*The internal ammo was a nice addition, especially when considering the above complaint.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Man, that's disappointing. Ah well, I'll still try it just to experience it, but I'm sure I'll have the same problems with it you do.
I have been playing off and on with the onset of a new job, so I'm not nearly as far as I would be if I was still part-time, but I love this entry so far. I did really enjoy MH4U, which replaced MHFU as my nearly 8-year favorite. I'm not sure if this one will overtake 4U yet, but it very well could. I haven't delved into all of the different mechanics yet, obviously. At the very least, I'll probably end up loving this one == MH4U.
I love the upgrades to the Insect Glaive levelling system, however. Levelling the IG in 4U was just a massive pain, as fun as the weapon is.
I WISH I had that much zenny xD. I'm sitting at about 30k, but that jumps and drops frequently at my point in the game.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:29 am

Moofy > Poogie

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:17 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:31 am

I will be getting it for sure.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:37 am

Eh, I'll buy it. Was expecting doublecross.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:31 am

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Has anyone seen the trailer from Paris Games week? At least I think that's where it was revealed. Either way, there's some awesome new monsters in the video if anyone is interested \o/

EDIT: Forgot to mention the cool, PS4 exclusive gear they show off, too!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 am

Uh so

Are we all playing Monster Hunter World on PC yet or what?

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:36 pm

I need money. I should've not resubbed on FF14.

But I do plan on getting it at some point. Comments on the PC port though do make me feel a bit uneasy though, since my rig isn't the best.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 pm

I already played it a ton on PS4...and I can't really afford new games right now...

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:52 am

Fair enough. I haven't been hooked on a game like this in a long time, I'm having a blast. The crappy textures don't bug me, but the disconnects do. They've officially said they are working on it, so hopefully they won't be a problem for much longer.

Hope to see some of you on there eventually, I'll still be trash then <3

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

183 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”