Persona 4 Announced

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

365 posts
Akarshi
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Akarshi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Moon S.Link Spoilers. (One of my favorite characters/S.links, actually - *gets shot*)
[spoiler]Dude, seriously? I LOVE HER I LOVE HER I LOVE HER. XDDD Ai's awesome. XD

And only the mean ones put her in Reverse. o_O;; They're pretty obvious. I mean, like the 'downright cruel' one? Who wouldn't get mad at you after you say that to them? I fail to see how people see these things as 'hard'...like how people said 'O SNAP VICONIA IS SO FRIGGIN' HARD TO DATE' in Baldur's Gate II, and that nice choices kill the romance...wtf are they ON? =__=;; Viconia is stupid-easy to date. Easier than Aerie and Jaheira, at any rate.

Oh, right now on rank 6 or something with her, btw, focusing on party members right now...sorry, Ai. D= [/spoiler]

And yeah, go to Aiya's on rainy days.

Anyways, I just beat the midboss on the dungeon that I'm on. Currently leveling up to 35 before boss.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Moon~
[spoiler]Maybe she improves but, quite frankly, the whole snobby rich girl thing in the first few S. Links is annoying as hell. Real annoying. Real, real, real annoying.

Anyway, I could've sworn any wrong answer was Reverse for Ai but pulled up her conversations and doesn't seem to be the case >> Oops~ I more meant the stuff like saying no to buying her that drink (Rank 1 -> 2). Oh well. What I get for not double checking my stuff I guess. Maybe I'll work on her later so I can start not hating her or something. Plus she has a few +Sports S. Link moments.

Personally, I don't see anything that bad of, "That was cruel of you..." ... but I am around people who aren't offended easily. Which is awesome because I'm such an ass sometimes.

Incidentally, I find Sun (Drama) to be annoying too >>[/spoiler]

Edit: Hahaha~

"IN A RELATIONSHIP" spoilers~
[spoiler]Really an in general "OMG LOVERS?!" spoiler but whatever:

>...

>There's no turning back now.

>Your relationship with Yukiko has become intimate!

Just found the wording of it funny.[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Akarshi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 pm

lol, I'm pretty used to snobby rich girls. (my school...full of 'em...) They're fine in fiction but in real life it's the opposite.

From what I've seen so far, Moon improves once
[spoiler]she tries to commit suicide[/spoiler] but I didn't go anywhere farther than that. But yeah, after [spoiler]she opens up to you about her past and stuff she gets nicer...I think...[/spoiler]

And I didn't do Sun yet, can't choose between Band and Drama.
[spoiler]Band looks nicer, but Drama looks funner to hang out with? I have absolutely no idea, but I don't want to date either of them. XD [/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Sun
[spoiler]At least when I'm at (5) she's just annoying in the sense that she's this super-serial Drama girl. The rationale behind the Drama is cliche too so oh well.

From the Art Book, the Band girl didn't interest me at all but from how some other S. Links went, maybe that was poor judgement on my part...[/spoiler]

I ended up going Lovers route with Priestess ... guess I'll be two timing and picking up Lovers too! It was just so hard to say "k ... friends ... k ..." to Priestess T.T

[spoiler]Hell, I'm stuck right now on saying no to Chie. OH GOD THOSE EYES. THE BLUSHING. THOSE EYES.

I feel like a jerk for leading them around for like 5 S. Link Ranks if I say No and feel like an ass for cheating. It's oh-so-totally a Lose / Lose.[/spoiler]

Guess I'll see what being a cheating bastard does for me Ending wise. If anything. >>

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Sun
[spoiler]Drama girl has drama with her family, right? Or was that Kou?

Anyways, I'll probably do Band or something, since I like music. Drama is...scary....can't act...T_T[/spoiler]

romantic relationship stuff lol
[spoiler]Wait, so the girls fall in love with the MC anyways, even if you choose to stay as 'just friends'? You serious? DDD= For some reason, that makes me sad...I mean...yeah, what you said, lose/lose. I don't want to cheat on anybody, but if they fall in love with you anyways, then I'll feel like that I was leading them on. =_=;; [/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Sun (and Strength)
[spoiler]Yeah; Yumi is drama with her family (notably Father). Kou (Strength - Basketball) is also family problems but they're different problems.[/spoiler]

ROMANCE
[spoiler]Yup. I mean, it is worth noting I probably chose the super flirty choices too but Yukiko and Chie by Rank 5 or 6 were obviously at least INTERESTED and they both more-or-less confess by Rank 9 (which is when you get the Lovers choice) or make it damn obvious. ESPECIALLY YUKIKO. I can't see any way for hers to NOT end that way what with the events after like ... Rank 3 or 4.

I turned Chie down and she didn't leave devastated though it was pretty obvious that it was sad day for her. I contemplated the backstabbing and cheating but if anyone is going to randomly murder my character, I want it to be Rise.[/spoiler]

Priestess
[spoiler]Maybe someone crueler than me can shed some light if you choose different choices than what I did. Still, you'd be hard pressed to tell me that the events don't play out practically immediately in Priestess of Yukiko making the food for, "a boy she likes." I mean, she says it's a misunderstanding on the waitresses and chefs part, sure, but she follows with, "...well, not completely." After that, it just chugs along at that damn pace ("Oh this is the boyfriend?") until completion.[/spoiler]

Oh well. Starting and finishing the 4th Dungeon soon. Woohoo...

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:14 pm

So, okay...

ROMANCE
[spoiler]Let me make sure I get this right. And I hit Yukiko's 9th S.Link and it gave me the "relationship is intimiate" message.

So, for the other girls to "not" cheat on them, I just have to stay away from the choice on their 9th day that sounds like it's about being lovers?

Is that how it works? And... you CAN'T cheat? What happens if you do? ^_^; I was just going to hit on all the girls like that XD 'cause I can't really choose.... :3 Though, then again, I'm glad I got Yukiko first.[/spoiler]

Oh and XD I maxed out Yosuke's S.Link! w00t! o_o what I got from it was pretty surprising :3 but very kewl:

[spoiler]NO WEAKNESS ON THE NEW PERSONA! FUCKYEAH!![/spoiler]

Also, Rise S.Link rewards:
[spoiler]I wish I had known I would get a reward like the "see treasure chests on map" reward before. I've been putting off Rise for quite some time - dunno why, it's not that I don't like her but that the others are far more interesting. <_<; The next dungeon is about to open up and having other such bonuses would be awesome.[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:19 pm

ROMANCE
[spoiler]As far as I know, it's only considered cheating on your "Girlfriend" if you go the lovers route with them. The game actually WARNS you that the choice is coming up so it's no big deal. Not all of them are on Rank 9 though but either way, the game warns you so meh.

As for cheating, for example, Yukiko will interrupt S. Links with Rise if you date them both. It doesn't always happen but when it does, it merely wastes that day. No Reverse or anything. Replace the girls with whomever you're attempting. They won't interrupt NON-LOVER S. LINK EVENTS however.

I also think they say something different if you're an unfaithful bastard at the end of the game.[/spoiler]

Rise S. Link Rewards
[spoiler]Chests (3) -> Enemies (6) -> Enemy Weaknesses (10)

The last one as far as I know is it just displays their weaknesses when you enter the battle for one enemy. Not sure. I'll find out soon though since I'll probably beeline Rise since I <3 her.

Guess I just have a thing for overly flirty girls ... even if it's unintentional flirting. Boy, says a lot about me right now ... hrm.[/spoiler]

Edit: I swear ... these optional bosses are getting easier. 3rd Optional Boss:
[spoiler]Bring in Ose for double Auto, switch to Undine.

MC > Bufula > All-out Attack
Yosuke > Dekunda
Yukiko > Agilao
Teddie > Bufula > All-out Attack

Repeat. Boss just kept re-applying Tarukaja as I kept stripping it. He only got 3 turns anyway >>. Maybe I should've brought Chie instead of Yosuke (or Yukiko) to speed the fight up ... or use my surplus of Ice damaging items. Oh well.

40 (35 Undine), 40, 39, 38 for levels.[/spoiler]

Edit: And these bosses... 4th Dungeon Boss (#7?)
[spoiler]Mini-boss isn't even worth mentioning. Just ... no. No.

Boss itself was pretty much just as simple, albeit long as hell. Never got in danger of dying once but it was a silly long fight. Used Ose to Power Charge > Power Slash (was going to get a Black Frost for Mind Charge > Agidyne if I lost) and had Yosuke, Teddie, and Yukiko just spam their best spells. Did about 100 a hit (~200-300 for MC depending on buffs).

Only hairy part was where he fully Feared my group and used the time to fully set-up his 8-Bit Barrier. Ate a lot of Gigadynes during the taking down of that wall but each was for under 200 (near 100 with Tarunda) so no big deal I guess.

Also, I had a spot where Teddie took down his Whisper (1 level of the Barrier) and instead of giving the option to All-Out Attack ... it just went to Yukiko. I guess it was due to him being Feared. Was sad since he had 0 HP at the time and I just beat on him for another minute or two until he re-Whispered. Dumb.

Still, easy fight. They're getting progressively easier >>

45 all around (36 on Ose!) and Teddie was 44 ... though after the fight everyone gained a level >>

...well, except Ose. Bastard.[/spoiler]

Edit: IRON COOK INABA!

Edit 2: Oh man ... was doing some Fishing and got 2x Huge Fish for the August Armor reward (Red Battlesuit) ... jesus. 216 DEF, 26 Evade, +20% Physical Resistance. There's a decent Claw too (180 ATK, 95 ACC, +5 Str) for 6x Red Goldfish.

I knew the July reward was good (4x Amber Seema = +50% Healing Accessory; same as the Divine Grace ability) but man ... maybe I'll be spending a lot of nights I have no S. Link or Stats to build (nearly all maxed anyway) fishing a lot ... especially in New Game+.

Sheesh...

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Raging at Moon S.link.
[spoiler]WTF AI BREAKS UP WITH YOU AT THE END.

COME ON.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I WASTED RUNNING AROUND CARRYING YOUR SHOPPING BAGS, I COULD'VE BEEN HANGING OUT WITH PARTY MEMBERS AND ACTUALLY GETTING SOME KIND OF BENEFIT.

*runs around in circles*

That's what I get for being a rebound boyfriend.

BUT STILL. She was like, my favorite romantic S.link character so far. (Well, I only have two others at this moment in time...)

Oh well....I guess I'll just go for Rise....*sigh* [/spoiler]

Anyways, I beat the 3rd dungeon boss, am now on 4th dungeon. 3rd dungeon boss was not especially difficult, mostly because I am a very cautious player.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:35 pm

On Moon ...
[spoiler]Did you go the Lovers route or the Temporary Lovers route? Moon has a Temp route that ends in Friendship ... unless they BOTH do and that's just plain weird then.

Edit: The Lovers route isn't until Rank 9 so if you're dating her before then (Rank 5 -> 6, I think?) then it's the Temporary one. I also don't think the Temporary one constitutes as cheating on any other Romantic S. Links you have either, which is a plus I suppose.[/spoiler]

In other news:

"We fail, huh? An epic fail." -- Yosuke (8/20/11)

Truer words have never been spoken ...

Edit: Summer Festival

[spoiler]>> DAMN YOU TEDDIE BY THE WAY. I figured I could at least get Rise on 8/21 but it's the School Romantic S. Links (i.e., Moon or Sun) only. Bummer.

Again, DAMN YOU TEDDIE.

Also, epic fail.[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Moon
[spoiler]I went the temporary route. (On accident, might I add.) Well, now I know what to do in my next playthrough.[/spoiler]

Romance stuff
[spoiler]Izzit true that if you cheat on people, when you go run through a dungeon and choose 'talk to others', the dialogue between party members is different? If so, then I might cheat on everybody just to see the extra dialogue.

Well, ANY amount of extra dialogue is fine. I guess I'll go the 'cheater' route this time. [/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Romance
[spoiler]Define "dialouge" ... I'll have Rise's Lovers route before my next Dungeon probably so I can tell you on that. I decided to remain friends with Chie though.[/spoiler]

Ooh, a note ... next time you go to the TV World, drop by the 3rd Dungeon and get 3x Fashionable Dishes from the Sky Balance (Cross with scales) enemy (Floor 9 and 10? I know 10 for sure). There's a quest later for them and it'll save a trip later. Why you get that quest in late August is beyond me.

<-- had to do a return trip for them >> It's a normal drop, not a Quest-specific drop. Or at least it seems to be since it's tagged as something Daidara can use for equipment.

Edit: Took me awhile to place it but ... Rise's voice is Beryl (Disgaea 3)? Laura Bailey? REALLY? I couldn't STAND Beryl's voice but I love Rise's. Weird.

Incidentally, she's also the voice of Marta (ToS2) ... JP voice of Kugimiya Rie. Hrm.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:17 pm

I need to focus on fulfilling more requests and fishing. ^_^; They just aren't my favorite parts - AT ALL.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:22 pm

I do all the requests out of habit since that was for the Ultimate Boss in P3. I didn't bother with Fishing until the Requests / S. Links that needed it and had gotten 2x Huge Fish for the Red Battlesuit and ... yeah. Most the requests are merely to go back into the TV World into the previous dungeon ... so I get those knocked out as I go to tackle the Optional Boss. Then there's the 9 for Hermit and just a few randoms about (mostly from the guy in front of the Book Store).

Wish I had picked up the July reward too. Oh well. I can just pass along Divine Grace from a Kikuri-Hime.

Edit: Other notable reward is September has a 150% EXP Armor for a Guardian (required to catch one for Hermit S. Link). It's not AMAZING Armor (190 Def 20 Evade, I think?) but ... hey, whatever right?

Edit2: Stupid Moment #A lot: Auto-Tarukaja + Mazionga + Reflect Zio = Dead MC

/wrists

Looks like the Undub for P4 is out too ... now if only I had some means to play that :(

Edit3: Oh god ... the Optional Bosses are getting easier. Or I'm just VASTLY overlevelled:

[spoiler]Level 50 MC with 48 Cu Chulainn (Power Slash, Deathbound, Auto-Tarukaja, Auto-Sukuja, Matarukuja, Magarula, Mind Charge, Power Charge)
50 Yosuke (Susano-o)
49 Chie (Suzuka Gongen)
50 Yukiko (Amaterasu)

Matarukaja first turn, Garula (~250), Black Spot (~300 Critical!) to All-out Attack, Agilao (~350).

Repeat except Power Charge -> Deathbound and Yukiko went to Heal duty (not like it was needed >>) and he died on Turn 3. Bummer. First turn attack from him was a Rampage-style attack (All-target Multihit) but it only did like 30 a hit. Second turn was an All-target that MC and Yosuke dodged; Chie and Yukiko got hit for like 200 each. Third round he just lowered Ailment Resist on MC >>.

Weapon "Drop" was Gaia Sword for the MC: 200 ATK, 88 ACC, +Low Chance to inflict All Status. Was on the skulls on the side of the "arena" and not where Boss was / wall behind boss.[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:49 am

365 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”