Persona 4 Announced

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

365 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:29 am

speaking of soundtrack, I'm pissed that my favorite piece of music that plays when you are on the other side of the tv chosing your team and stuff isn't on the CD. >_< That's my favorite soundtrack!

>_< NO INSTEAD THEY PUT THE CRAPPY JUNES THEME SONG ON! What the hell is up with that?!

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:58 am

Oh well. I wish I remembered to buy the Social Link Expansion Pack for the B side track ... guess I'll just find and make my own copy since the Pack is out of stock on Amazon (unless I want to pay $100).

Anyway, 6th Dungeon done:
[spoiler]Mini-boss ... uh ... I sort of remember running into an enemy that could be considered one but ... Mind Charged himself first turn (before you act) and then died before he casted anything. Or maybe he casted something we nulled. I forget. Fight ended at full HP everyone >>.

Boss ... he's interesting. 100% -> ~70-75% was just normal stuff. He casted -dynes (single and all). At 75%, Element Converge or something and he'd pick an Element to use that'll deal 4x Damage. He pulled Agidyne and I just went through 8x Magic Mirrors to reflect back 500 A SHOT for 4000 total damage. Yeah ... wish he chose Wind though since Yosuke naturally Nulled it and Cu Chulainn repels ... and both of them have massive Wind Damage (+50% on MC, +80% on Yosuke ... or 55% if the Weapon + Accessory bonus doesn't stack). I don't know if Rise normally points it out but she did here (Lovers 10 for S. Link) that Fire does more damage thanks to the Element Converge. Phase lasts around 3 or 4 turns.

~20% or so he did Control on my group which put all three under his control and they proceeded to beat the shit out of me >>. Had to use a Bead (100% Heal) to survive and even then, had <200 HP on the next turn but, luckily, it only lasted two turns. Then chipped away at the remaining health. Only other bad spot was at around 5% he did Unerring Justice which hit everyone for nearly 300.

Then he died. I win. Hooray. 69 across the board (MC, Yosuke, Naoto [base Persona], Yukiko) and a 61 Cu Chulainn.[/spoiler]

Gold Chest l3wtz:
[spoiler]
Eye of Ice (High Dodge Ice)
Eye of Thunder (High Dodge Elec)
Icicle Vow (+40% Ice Damage)
2x Tsukuyomi Noshi (254 Def, 21 Evade, +5 All Stats)
1x Amaterasu Hitoe (251 Def, 29 Evade, Medium Physical Counter)
1x Bead (...so it came in handy I guess?)
2x Strega Claw (300 Atk, 84 Accuracy, and a P3 homage!)[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Akarshi » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:57 pm

lol, I have the Social Link Expansion pack. Although I didn't listen to the CDs yet since I already have the Japanese version of the OST. There's like, 28 songs on Side B, too...and the song names are different, so it's kinda confusing.

I just wish I remembered to buy the Persona 2 reprint! >_<

Still can't play Persona 4 yet. D=

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Finished all S. Links (barring story and Empress ... Empress only since I'm lazy right now) 11 / 17 ... and that's with a few mistakes. Probably could push it back maybe a week with some shuffling of things around (like raising Moon earlier to get through some of the Strength steps without wasting a lunch or Sunday >>). Oh well.

(Female) Teammates S. Links (Rank 10):
[spoiler]So ... Yukiko and Naoto get a voiced over "I love you" ... and Rise gets a "You're special to me"?! That's so ... bah! Hell, Naoto says it in Rank 9 too (Yukiko says it twice in the Rank 10 though, if I recall ... only one to speak during the "screen fades to black" portion too!) though it's unvoiced there.

Nitpicking? YEAH. I like Rise damn it~[/spoiler]

Oh well ... time to work on Empress and do the 6th Dungeon Optional boss >> 4 Requests left to do too...

Edit: Maxed Empress, finished all Requests, AND Optional Boss down:
[spoiler]...and he's a let down. Matarukaja first turn and full-out Spell onslaught. Boss just Makarakam'd first turn, Stagnant Air'd second turn, and Bufudyne'd the third ... and then died.

Huh...71 across the board and had a Moon Arcana Chance in effect so hooray 11,500 EXP for this easy fight! Also, the prize (left of the dais in the grass) is an Accessory that HALVES the SP cost of Spells. Awesome.[/spoiler]

Edit: December 3rd spoilers (OH BOY)
[spoiler]No, seriously, spoilers.

"Big ... bro ... Dad ... dy...*flatlines*"

T.T T.T T.T[/spoiler]

December 5th Spoilers (SUPER SERIAL SPOILERS YO)
[spoiler]^_^ ^_^ ^_^ I WAS RIGHT IT IS ADACHI FUCK YOU GAME, FUCK YOU NAMATAME. HAH. I WIN.

That is all.[/spoiler]

Also, minor spoilers (non-plot related but the event happens in December) so you're safe to read even if you're not this far~! HONEST!
[spoiler]How the hell do you LEAVE the TV World when Teddie doesn't enter with you on the 4th and 5th? Hell, you don't even see the stack of TVs you use to exit when you enter the 5th...

Baaaah.[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Akarshi » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:34 am

I beat the 6th boss....and...am currently on December 2nd or so....planning on getting Bad End/Normal End this time around and then going for True End later....

...man...the game's so depressing now what with the music and all...and the weather.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:45 am

You do know nothing carries over on a Normal End Ending, right? I have a Bad End save I can double check if the Bad End gives you it though I guess...though I'm pretty sure I did that and I didn't carry anything over >>

7th Dungeon is ... different.
[spoiler]"How about a game? Don't encounter any Shadows here." Get in a fight and it's warped out :([/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:49 am

Yeah, I know. I just want to see them all. XD

Anyways,

December 3rd
[spoiler]Man...Nanako died...

And when everyone started wanting to kill Nametame, well...=.=;; I felt myself getting so frustrated at them. Don't kill him dangit.

Thankfully, they ended up not killing him due to my awesome speech skills. But what a circular conversation with Yosuke...I got all mixed up...

Later felt kinda weird because it's like...'OH LOL NANAKO'S ALIVE NAO XDDD'. =__=;; I FEEL SO MANIPULATED. CURSE YOU, GAME. CURSE YOU.

Oh, and I got my text message at the end of the day from Ai. I have no idea why, but that touching text message made Ai move up another place on my favorite characters list. XD Naoto lost some points for wanting to kill Nametame, but Rise gained some points for not really wanting to kill Nametame. >_>;;

[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:01 am

December 3
[spoiler]You get texts from all completed School S. Links (not counting your group). They merely repeat their final (spoken) line or whatever spoken line they had in the 10th Rank that was super meaningful.

Also, Nanako dies if you choose to kill Namatame (Bad End #1) I think; otherwise she lives. /random[/spoiler]

7th Dungeon (SPOILERS OH GOD)
[spoiler]The dungeon itself is ... interesting. A lot of varied resists and god damn it why does EVERYTHING Null Physical, Fire, AND Wind? Christ. Half the fights near the end I couldn't do anything barring Mahamaon (Naoto) or swap to Cybele for a different All-target. Blows.

1st Mini-boss: Calling this a mini-boss is a disgrace. That said, it infinitely (?) calls for back-up so ... yeah. And that's it. No special attacks. Nothing. Oh well?

2nd Mini-boss: Megidoalaon on every turn and has low Physical Resist (Strong all Elements!) with a ~20% Chance to Counter. Meh? Easy.

Adachi: Neat, Adachi has a Persona (looks to be Izanagi, actually). Also neat, Adachi is terribly easy. Bummer.

Ameno-sagiri: Who? Anyway ... not much to say. He hits hard, double turns (Megidola + Agneyastra = CHEATING). Did this fight without healing / SP restore from the dungeon crawl (+ Adachi fight) but meh ... wasn't too terrible. Prepare to Guard during the Fog turn and that's about all to worry about. Good thing he only Dekunda (Self-Dispel) and not Dekaja (Target All Dispel) since I don't run debuffs (yet). A few lucky spots on Quake + Agneyastra or Eye laser + Agneyastra but was otherwise a pretty simple fight (though a Soma was used to heal SP >>) what with Yukiko spamming Salvation.

78 across the board (68 Cu Chulainn) with Yosuke, Naoto, and Yukiko. Oh boy.

Time to reload to before finishing the dungeon and waste time so I can make a Yoshitsune with Debilitate (Fusion Forecast of 12/24!). Will, sadly, miss the Christmas Event for that but oh well ... got a save file just for that![/spoiler]
Last edited by scy on Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:29 am

December 3
[spoiler]I'm pretty sure that Ai didn't mention anything about Nanako being in the hospital when I maxed her out. XD I dunno....the message was pretty different from her maxed out Rank 10 thing. Maybe you're thinking about something else? ._.; The Velvet Room scene? Cause yeah, they repeat their lines then... [/spoiler]

Killer Thoughts
[spoiler]Yeah, I got spoiled on him...but man....kinda sad that he's the true killer...I liked the guy...oh well...[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:39 am

December 3rd
[spoiler]Maybe? I do recall getting texts from every completed School S. Link though. Probably just mixing the two up since the Velvet Room scene is EVERY completed S. Link I think (+ your group repeating their lines from Judgement start) ... except maybe without the School ones? Baaah, now I don't even know ... but I do know you get a message from them all since I got one from Strength (Kou and Daisuke), Hanged Man, Sun, and Moon.

Who knows. I think I did that at like 2 AM and tired. Either way, all your S. Links are gone through for these events![/spoiler]

Killer Thoughts
[spoiler]I can't say it was "obvious" but I always felt Adachi was the killer. The Artbook spoils it rotten though too (picture of his Shadow looking evil) ... or at least makes you think he's a victim too later.

The rationale behind him is cool if nothing else ... albeit not what I'd have guessed. Still, he fits the killer real easily (then again, so does Dojima~) so it's not that farfetched. I had him pegged since like ... June >>.[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:24 am

If you get a Bad End, you still get a New Game Plus. I just got the Bad End a few minutes ago on purpose on my 'bad end' file.

...but man, that was SOOO unsatisfying. XD

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:43 am

No matter which ending you get you will always get the option to save a New Game+ file ... but, for the Normal Ending, you don't actually transfer anything over. It's still denoted as a Clear File but it's the same as a brand new game. Not sure if the Bad Ending is the same but I've read it's not ... but hey, not sure!

On another note, 7th Dungeon boss revisit with a level 83 MC (82 Yoshitsune) and a level 81 party ... he's a lot easier when your MC can Power Charge -> Brave Blade for nearly 1000 >>.

Edit:
Normal Ending:
[spoiler]...is fucking depressing. Also, Rise's "I love you" is :) [/spoiler]

Edit: True Ending Route stuff:
[spoiler]...Margaret kisses you? Haha... Hah... Ha...

...what.

Anyway, the dungeon isn't so bad. Short and sweet, though the EXP is a bit weak (gained all of 3 levels in it; Floors 1-9) and there's no Optional Boss back in Magatsu Inaba. Oh well.

Mini-boss 1: *shrugs* Killed it on the first turn before it did anything.

Mini-boss 2: See above, except it led with Maragidyne.

Izanami (Form 1): Set-up on Turn 1 (Debilitate, Masukukaja [I have Auto-Matarukaja], Mind Charge) and then full unload follows shortly. She goes down like a little bitch after a few turns. Nothing special I saw just -dynes. I <3 a buffed Power Charged Hassou Tobi (hits 8 times) on a debuffed target. It's ... spectacular.

Anyway, dropped all her HP on turn 3 (sad, isn't it?) and was forced to take 5 rounds of beating before the Orb is auto-used. Maybe you can use it ahead of time to skip the tedious wait? Who knows. Was never in danger of dying >>

Izanami-no-Okami (Form 2): Look above except she lasts longer, hits harder, and double turns. Not that ... big of a difference, really. Though I will say it sucked that this is a continuation of last fight so I didn't have Auto buffs :( Also sucks that Zio HEALS her and I have Repel Elec. Bah. Her Mind Charge > Maziodyne gives her back ~500 HP a use ... but my Hassou Tobi hits for ~1200 so whatever I guess.

Oh yeah, Guard the Mind Charge / Power Charge (and sadly the Stagnant Air too) turns since she can kill you thanks to them pretty easily (Stagnant Air -> Summons to Yomi = YOU DIE). Also, why the hell is Agneyastra (FIREY COMETS) a Physical Attack? Guess she wasn't "THAT" easy since she killed me when I tried to rush her death (aforementioned SA -> StY) at ~5%. Oh well. Second fight was finished by Turn 7 or 8 I think and was pretty much a damn smooth fight. Helps I did about 3000 damage on the first (attacking) turn >>.

Also ... the finale of the fight (Thousand Curses -> LOL SOLO?!) is ... meh? At least cut back the amount of Oho Ikazuchi's you take or something (it's like ... 5 or 6?). Oh well.

Levels: 86 MC (83 Yoshitsune), 85 Yosuke, Naoto, and Yukiko.[/spoiler]

Edit: True Ending question for when ... someone else gets there:
[spoiler]I had Naoto give a tearful goodbye right before the cutscene of your train leaving ... is that dependent on your S. Link order or anything? Seems weird of all the characters that she'd be the one to come up and give a little, "I should come with you..." thing which only came up during her S. Link I believe. She was my final lover (of the group: Yukiko -> Rise -> Naoto) so...?!

Just found it odd.

Also, Rise is still <3 during the ending cutscene.[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Got Normal Ending
[spoiler]I don't see how it's depressing...but it IS bittersweet...=\[/spoiler]

Right now at the last dungeon for the True Ending. The BGM is uber-depressing. And hey, the dungeon looks
[spoiler]kinda like one of those...French art gallery things...right? Right!? Am I the only one who thinks this? I mean, it's all abstract and avant-garde. That red and black square theme goin' on, the 'rug'....methinks Izanami goes to a lot of art galleries...[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Normal Ending
[spoiler]Just the whole goodbye is just sad. It's pretty much a constant barrage of farewell and cliches that made me sad. IT ENDS YOU LEAVE. My five lovers (...) are left alone!

:([/spoiler]

True Ending Dungeon
[spoiler]Haha, I suppose. It's got a weird deco ... but it's a fitting place. And the music is ... super relaxing. In a, "So who died?" kind of way. Or something.

Maybe?[/spoiler]

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:18 am

OH YEAH! I BEAT THE GAME AND GOT THE TRUE ENDING! *dances* *dances*

Le Boss
[spoiler]Man, it was hard. I was level 80, with my party members at level 76. x_x;; It got so bad, I had to make the MC guard all the time, so Chie and Yosuke were my main attackers while Yukiko healed and I buffed with defense buff.

First part was way easy, but of course, that wasn't the end of it....

Chie's charged God Hand is a godsend in this battle....

I was actually panicking when she started using Thousand Curses, but then I realized that it was supposed to happen. But seeing all of my allies sacrifice themselves for me...made me ;_;. [/spoiler]

The End
[spoiler]It was just as bittersweet. Even more so, actually. About the Naoto thing, I can't say, because I also was in a romantic relationship with Naoto. =\ I might check out what she says in my New Game Plus if I ever get around to it.

And, uh, I didn't get a kiss from Margaret. o_O;; Not that I want one...do you need to have maxed out Empress or something? [/spoiler]

But man...the game's over...I feel kinda sad...*sigh* Maybe I'll play P3 again...(or get around to actually beating Nocturne and Raidou Kuzonoha. >_>; )

365 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”